Music related goals for the year? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 15-03-2016, 11:52 PM   #41
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 24010
Re: Music related goals for the year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDDgOD View Post
I'd like to get enough new material together to get a 6 solid track ep done. Hopefully recruit a female vocalist, one that can play guitar since I suck at guitar, and lay down some vox and axe over what I have. Maybe get to playing some gigs, which makes me nervous as fuck...I'll probably wear a mask so no one can see me.

I know everyone else's goals are bigger or more admirable than mine, but I'm easily satisfied...
man playing live and working on a project can be tough stuff. Any goal as long as you're holding yourself to a standard is admiral.

Advertisements

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 02:04 AM   #42
Alonso_Carballo
Regular Freak
Alonso_Carballo is a jewel in the roughAlonso_Carballo is a jewel in the roughAlonso_Carballo is a jewel in the roughAlonso_Carballo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
man playing live and working on a project can be tough stuff. Any goal as long as you're holding yourself to a standard is admiral.
Well said NewWorldOrder. It doesn't matter the size of the goal. The key thing is to work towards something and accomplish it. Then you can progress onto bigger things if you think that's right for you.
Alonso_Carballo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 02:05 AM   #43
Alonso_Carballo
Regular Freak
Alonso_Carballo is a jewel in the roughAlonso_Carballo is a jewel in the roughAlonso_Carballo is a jewel in the roughAlonso_Carballo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Not at all man, I'm not even considering albums/EPs or playing live, that's completely out of my depth at this point. I'm just playing to my strengths and sticking to single releases at a time with a little promo on the internet for now.
The key thing is to keep moving forward no matter what. Keep on playing to your strengths and finding joy in your artist life.
Old 17-03-2016, 08:22 PM   #44
BRizZle
Minor Glitch
BRizZle is a jewel in the roughBRizZle is a jewel in the roughBRizZle is a jewel in the roughBRizZle is a jewel in the rough
Chicago

One of my goals is to get better at editing vocals, so to accomplish this I recorded myself singing a song and I'm trying to make it sound decent. I'm a terrible singer, so if I make something I actually think sounds good then I'll accomplish my goal LOL xD
BRizZle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 11:29 PM   #45
Alonso_Carballo
Regular Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRizZle View Post
One of my goals is to get better at editing vocals, so to accomplish this I recorded myself singing a song and I'm trying to make it sound decent. I'm a terrible singer, so if I make something I actually think sounds good then I'll accomplish my goal LOL xD
If you want to practice editing and mixing vocals, you can download a bunch of multi track projects from "Mike Senior multitracks'. Google that, I tried to paste the URL here but my post count is too low.
Old 18-03-2016, 10:35 AM   #46
Digital Addicte
Analog Lurker
Digital Addicte is a glorious beacon of lightDigital Addicte is a glorious beacon of lightDigital Addicte is a glorious beacon of lightDigital Addicte is a glorious beacon of lightDigital Addicte is a glorious beacon of light
Lahnstein / Rheinland Pfalz
MC Status: 460
Icon9 Re: Music related goals for the year?

Hmmm, I think i will try learn more about Mastering. I know some little Tricks, but I definatly need to learn how to do it the Right way (maaaaybe someone friendly will help )
Digital Addicte is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Digital A - Headset of Hate
Old 18-03-2016, 03:43 PM   #47
BRizZle
Minor Glitch
BRizZle is a jewel in the roughBRizZle is a jewel in the roughBRizZle is a jewel in the roughBRizZle is a jewel in the rough
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Carballo View Post
If you want to practice editing and mixing vocals, you can download a bunch of multi track projects from "Mike Senior multitracks'. Google that, I tried to paste the URL here but my post count is too low.
Hey thanks man! I'll definitely check it out!
BRizZle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #48
Alonso_Carballo
Regular Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Addicte View Post
Hmmm, I think i will try learn more about Mastering. I know some little Tricks, but I definatly need to learn how to do it the Right way (maaaaybe someone friendly will help )
If you want to learn about mastering, I recommend that you invest in yourself and purchase a course about mastering. I've done a couple of online courses. Recently I did Rob William's ProSound Formula mastering course. It is very affordable compared to what other courses cost and you will learn a lot. I did a mastering course at Berklee Online a couple of years ago and really found the ProSound Formula to be better and 7 times less expensive.

I have no affiliation to Pro Sound Formula, I just like to recommend products that work.
Old 21-03-2016, 01:06 AM   #49
Lu-Cuss
Granular Poster
Lu-Cuss has much to be proud ofLu-Cuss has much to be proud ofLu-Cuss has much to be proud ofLu-Cuss has much to be proud ofLu-Cuss has much to be proud ofLu-Cuss has much to be proud ofLu-Cuss has much to be proud ofLu-Cuss has much to be proud ofLu-Cuss has much to be proud ofLu-Cuss has much to be proud of
The Wired
MC Status: 1360

I want to stop taking ages to finish a song, actually learn some sound design shit instead of twiddling knobs and hoping to find something cool, and find a real viable way to do improv performances.

Advertisements

Lu-Cuss is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote