UK garage, bassline house
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 28-02-2016, 08:07 PM   #1
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
SWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of light
Riga
MC Status: 510
Icon14 UK garage, bassline house

Hello guys, been wandering around this forum for two days now trying to make myself useful as i want to share my sound.

Haven't found too much of conversation going about the Garage, UK bass and the respective house (deep house?) scene from there.

Is anyone into that or up for it?

Here are some of my favorite producers u might wanna try:

Holy Goof, Notion, Hot Since 82, Shadow Child, My Nu Leng, Taiki Nulight.

Ask for more, i'm friendly. :mayonesa:

Last edited by SWIM_DEEP; 29-02-2016 at 11:51 PM..

Advertisements

SWIM_DEEP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Notion - Last night
Old 28-02-2016, 10:20 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8567130
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: UK garage, bassline house

I pretty sure I've never ever seen anyone talk about Garage around here. I assume you mean UK Garage (that skippy breakbeat stuff like El-B and Ghost Recordings all that?) and not NY Garage. Personally I'm not really sure what UK Bass/Bassline House is.

I do like deep house myself, but a lot of the new stuff in that vein just sounds retro for the sake of sounding retro which doesn't interest me all that much. I've heard of Hot Since 82 and My Nu Leng, not sure I've listened to any of their tunes yet.

I hope you get more traction with your discussion, but a healthy portion of the regulars on this forum don't tend toward dance music in their listening habits. The regulars who do make/listen to dance music don't tend to talk about it much or I'm missing the conversations.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 09:30 AM   #3
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
SWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of light
Riga

Yeah, it kind of seems to me that i'm at the wrong place to be honest. At least a little off course.

I meant UK garage indeed.

Sorry for confusing but UK bass is an umbrella term that describes pretty much everything that has emphasize on bass and modulations of it + comes from UK, f.e drum and bass, bassline house, uk garage, dubstep, grime.

Holy Goof, Notion, Mikey B are good artist examples of what modern bassline sounds like.

Jamie Duggan was one of the creators.

The music is not for everyone's taste, i believe people listening to f.e. trip hop or ambient will not be able to enjoy it, even though i am against stereotypes and believe in tolerance towards different music genres.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 29-02-2016, 09:43 AM   #4
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts
UK garage, bassline house

There are quite a few people here into that kind of stuff (myself included). There is a drum and bass release thread where a few people (mainly lug I think) post new dnb releases and there are also quite a few people into house such as benwaa who runs his own label.
I wouldn't worry so much about being in the wrong place however I don't know what kind of discussions you're looking for as I'm not sure what exactly there would be to discuss other than new releases and technical tips and tricks.
There are some fun discussions in the side room but they are mostly unrelated to music in general

If you have some interesting topics you could try and start a thread about it but be aware that a lot of things have been discussed to maybe use the search first to see if someone else already made a related thread

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 12:39 PM   #5
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80997030
Thanked 4,136 Times in 2,684 Posts

this one of my favourite releases from 2015. It's from London, so I guess it fits your category?

I like some dance music. But I can't dance very good so I like music to which I can dance weirdly

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Lug
professurreal (29-02-2016)
Old 29-02-2016, 12:53 PM   #6
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
Riga

Yay, thank you guys, i'm at work now and been browsing this place around intensely and i love it!

Seems like this is the best place to generally speak of music and producing.

Thank you for sharing the EP - it fits and it's serious!! I wish i wasn't on 5 EUR headset atm

Weird dancing comment is marvellous and really deep. This is why i love this place.
Old 29-02-2016, 06:18 PM   #7
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWIM_DEEP View Post
Yeah, it kind of seems to me that i'm at the wrong place to be honest. At least a little off course.

Sorry for confusing but UK bass is an umbrella term that describes pretty much everything that has emphasize on bass and modulations of it + comes from UK, f.e drum and bass, bassline house, uk garage, dubstep, grime.

Holy Goof, Notion, Mikey B are good artist examples of what modern bassline sounds like.

Jamie Duggan was one of the creators.

The music is not for everyone's taste, i believe people listening to f.e. trip hop or ambient will not be able to enjoy it, even though i am against stereotypes and believe in tolerance towards different music genres.

Thanks for the reply.
Oh no apology needed. NY Garage is a bit obscure these days anyhow. I had heard UK Bass thrown about as a term on forums before. So yea...Drum and Bass was my first love though I have trouble enjoying it these days (my fault, not the music's).

Thanks to Professureal and Lug for jumping in here. I forgot about those "New Release" threads as I don't participate in them much. That is probably the best place to discuss all of this. And I don't think you are in the wrong place at all. I should apologize for writing a post that suggested that. The fact that the forum is called IDM forums is a bit spacious these days anyhow.

------------------
Old 29-02-2016, 09:34 PM   #8
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I forgot about those "New Release" threads as I don't participate in them much. That is probably the best place to discuss all of this.
not a lot of people visit these places. A little more movement in the IDM thread, but the dubstep or drum'n'bass threads are pretty dead.
I must admit though that, in these styles, what I like is really - really limited. Well, like in most genres, probably

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 01-03-2016, 01:05 AM   #9
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
not a lot of people visit these places. A little more movement in the IDM thread, but the dubstep or drum'n'bass threads are pretty dead.
I must admit though that, in these styles, what I like is really - really limited. Well, like in most genres, probably
Fair play. I pretty much listened to nothing to DnB for about 4-5 years and now I can't stand 99% of it. As far as I can tell when I briefly check releases from artists and labels I used to like is everyone is still rinsing the same sounds and beats.

But that's fine...I'm getting to go back and enjoy all the house and techno I missed out on being a big-headed DnB fiend...

Dubstep was interesting for a minute but I kind of bailed on that too. As far as listening goes I've become far less interested in dance floor oriented music, even though what I tend to make tends toward that.

------------------
Old 01-03-2016, 11:33 PM   #10
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222283284
Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,760 Posts

ive been trying to post on this thread for like 3 days but ive been working non stop on music since 10am and I'm deaf and I'm head fucked and I'm leaving immediately to go and drink leffe. since ive had this tab open all day I'm just gonna post so I remember. cheers everybody.

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:36 AM   #11
TL072
Master of the LFO
TL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6660

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWIM_DEEP View Post

I mean you have discovered it is not a huge focus here, but there is definitely some love - at least from me - for this small galaxy of music.

I tend to like the more dubby, dark but atmospheric, futuristic, and dusty side of it - which I think is a bit of a minority interest within that scene, but would love to hear more tracks of this kind or otherwise as not really a scene of it anywhere I have lived.

TL072 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to TL072
SWIM_DEEP (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 11:20 AM   #12
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
Riga

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL072 View Post
I mean you have discovered it is not a huge focus here, but there is definitely some love - at least from me - for this small galaxy of music.

I tend to like the more dubby, dark but atmospheric, futuristic, and dusty side of it - which I think is a bit of a minority interest within that scene, but would love to hear more tracks of this kind or otherwise as not really a scene of it anywhere I have lived.
Thanks man, i loved all of these. I find these really creative for using pretty simple waves in nice variations and compositions that make them sound really atmospheric as you said.

Even though i haven't been into more underground side, these are some i find pretty dubby and dusty

They are popular for a reason i'd say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAdTtzqASJU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BOOWvXaxZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1jp94Psx18

P.S. sorry for ignorance, but why don't these links appear embed?
Thanks to SWIM_DEEP
TL072 (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 09:48 PM   #13
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Get rid of the http:// also, just FYI, I can never get youtube short links to work

------------------
Old 02-03-2016, 10:11 PM   #14
Johnson Academy
IDMf Supporter
Johnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MC
Streets of Lojo
MC Status: 13798770

So far these have been quite awesom-o

I really dig this, not sure if the genre is right tho

------------------
Top influencers: 1. Mohombi 2. Safri Duo 3. Pitbull (Timber only)
PM ME YOURS

Johnson Academy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:46 PM   #15
TL072
Master of the LFO
TL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6660

All really nice tunes all - really like that series of three - skippy, lots of feel, and creativity.

For those less familiar with the universe of music of what SWIM_DEEP is talking about, I feel like I should mention that there is a more bonkers pure party-time side to the bass-line house concept which for me is not quite as worth using up screen space on. From some poking around, there are certainly some good tracks and mixes, but some has a very very formulaic set of sounds (some of the tracks in the second example), which while I am sure is fun to party to is perhaps less day-to-day easy listening - although @SWIM_DEEP if this is your thing, I am more than interested if you can point me to some good tracks.

More of the more groovy

And classic

Last edited by TL072; 02-03-2016 at 10:59 PM..
TL072 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to TL072
relic (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 11:09 PM   #16
Johnson Academy
IDMf Supporter
Johnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MC
Streets of Lojo
MC Status: 13798770

Howly fffff those drums on Sneaker Pimps are so so so so nice!

------------------
Top influencers: 1. Mohombi 2. Safri Duo 3. Pitbull (Timber only)
PM ME YOURS

Johnson Academy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2016, 07:36 PM   #17
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt

btw livity sound has all the awesome

Advertisements

------------------
( o)<
|vv|