Fans of Instrumental Hip Hop... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 29-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #41
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80997030
Thanked 4,136 Times in 2,684 Posts
Re: Fans of Instrumental Hip Hop...

Just got linked to label "dropping gems" ; they release stuff from electronica-ambient hiphop and old school sampled stuff.
I like this one :
http://droppinggems.bandcamp.com/album/ears
obviously jazz influenced

and this one, somewhat in the mood of Baths
http://droppinggems.bandcamp.com/album/holodecker-ep

Advertisements

Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #42
calypsoB
Eternal Echoer
calypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improve
MC Status: -12411435

umm checkout the straight hip hop playlist on my youtube page. I have painstakingly amassed an aresenal of pristine down ass real hip hop. http://www.youtube.com/user/bitcrushnpranksta there are 2 playlists available make sure you pick the right one, wonkbombs is the other playlist, which is similar but not truly hip hop. Both playlists have exactly 131 songs in them so make sure you keep on selecting "Load More" when you scroll to the bottom of the list. I made this page so I could more closely study the similarities between 1990's hip hop and modern wonky off beat hip hop. heres 2 fat ones for the hell of it

Last edited by calypsoB; 29-11-2011 at 10:44 PM..
calypsoB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 05:05 AM   #43
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222283334
Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
Just got linked to label "dropping gems" ; they release stuff from electronica-ambient hiphop and old school sampled stuff.
I like this one :
http://droppinggems.bandcamp.com/album/ears
obviously jazz influenced

and this one, somewhat in the mood of Baths
http://droppinggems.bandcamp.com/album/holodecker-ep
this is a nice find! really like the vibes in the ears album but then again im a sucker for jazz samples

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 05:19 AM   #44
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypsoB View Post
umm checkout the straight hip hop playlist on my youtube page. I have painstakingly amassed an aresenal of pristine down ass real hip hop. http://www.youtube.com/user/bitcrushnpranksta there are 2 playlists available make sure you pick the right one, wonkbombs is the other playlist, which is similar but not truly hip hop. Both playlists have exactly 131 songs in them so make sure you keep on selecting "Load More" when you scroll to the bottom of the list. I made this page so I could more closely study the similarities between 1990's hip hop and modern wonky off beat hip hop. heres 2 fat ones for the hell of it

the first one on that link is by Lone. hes a guy from nottingham (on of the shires next to my shire) and i almost went and saw him recently... but didnt because i had no dosh. (REGRETTTTTTTTTTTTT)

great to see your love for this shit man, wheres your music gone??

------------------
Old 01-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #45
calypsoB
Eternal Echoer
calypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improve
MC Status: -12411435

oh thats off the 1st playlist man look at the second one. Ive been in school so my music has slowed up. Ive been recording live drums lightpipe on an 8 channel presonus preamp and triggering samples live to the beat, when I have spare time. Unfortunately I have not moved past the post production phase for a while but I have lots of ideas for pre production so ive been focusing on that. Im transferring to auburn university next month so my schedule will be full and my drummer will be in another state so thats out the door. Im going to redo all my tunes the way I want them to be, the dearest freshness deep down thigns, was an example of were I am going with sample triggering. The drummer was not present in that tune, it was a drum machine, which I didnt really like so from now on its all organic. It just might be a year before I finish anything and post it up.
calypsoB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:19 AM   #46
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypsoB View Post
oh thats off the 1st playlist man look at the second one. Ive been in school so my music has slowed up. Ive been recording live drums lightpipe on an 8 channel presonus preamp and triggering samples live to the beat, when I have spare time. Unfortunately I have not moved past the post production phase for a while but I have lots of ideas for pre production so ive been focusing on that. Im transferring to auburn university next month so my schedule will be full and my drummer will be in another state so thats out the door. Im going to redo all my tunes the way I want them to be, the dearest freshness deep down thigns, was an example of were I am going with sample triggering. The drummer was not present in that tune, it was a drum machine, which I didnt really like so from now on its all organic. It just might be a year before I finish anything and post it up.
cool, well you sound like youve got a plan any way and thats always a good thing

dearest freshness deep down things? is that a track? where is it?

------------------
Old 02-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #47
chooko
Soundscaper
chooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MC
Mid/Side Europe
MC Status: 142000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterBrown View Post
so any way, i was thinking. would anybody be interested in putting together a compilation of hip/trip/glitch hop tracks made by IDMFers?
great idea
i hope this offer is still standing?

------------------

chooko is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #48
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooko View Post
great idea
i hope this offer is still standing?
yeah i suppose, there doesnt seem to be any interest in it though, let me have a think and ill get back to you

------------------
Old 02-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #49
chooko
Soundscaper
chooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MC
Mid/Side Europe
MC Status: 142000

a few people in this thread said that they'd like to participate
+ this is not a contest topic so im sure there would be more interest

btw, i've listened to a lot of instrumental hiphop compilations and i must say i dont like it when
the compilations have like 20 songs...
-of course, its more likely to find something you like, when you have a bigger selection, but it also
loses some attractiveness when there are too many tracks

...if we could gather ~ 10 songs, that would be awesome

------------------

chooko is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #50
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooko View Post
a few people in this thread said that they'd like to participate
+ this is not a contest topic so im sure there would be more interest

btw, i've listened to a lot of instrumental hiphop compilations and i must say i dont like it when
the compilations have like 20 songs...
-of course, its more likely to find something you like, when you have a bigger selection, but it also
loses some attractiveness when there are too many tracks

...if we could gather ~ 10 songs, that would be awesome
ok cool, well ill start messaging people at the beginning of next week when i have time to do it properly. there wont be any real 'quality filter' because thats not what its about. a lot of people here make tracks that arent intended for any specific purpose so im sure it wouldnt take too long. leave it with me my friend

------------------
Old 02-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #51
Tode
IDMf Artist
Tode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MC
Göteborg
MC Status: 108655302

edit: I change my mind.
Tode is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #52
Sincock
Master of the LFO
Sincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MC
Melbourne
MC Status: 23251782

Don't know if you're familiar with this guy or not:

http://soundcloud.com/spectre-the-ill-saint

------------------
Sincock is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #53
Tode
IDMf Artist
Tode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MC
Göteborg
MC Status: 108655302

Downloading some of the free suggestions. I'm a big fan of this type of music! So hopefully I'll strike gold somewhere here
Tode is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #54
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

fug yea

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #55
Sammysong
Master of the LFO
Sammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MC
Bat Country
MC Status: 4046847

Roger Molls; brilliant producer - instrumental hip-hop blending in with trip-hop, vocal samples, scratch samples, etc - check him out!

http://www.rogermolls.com/

Gramatik, similar to RJD2, Sixtoo, etc - hip-hop/trip-hop

------------------
Sammysong is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #56
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
The Nung River
MC Status: 89280773
Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,200 Posts

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenna View Post
What is this vile sencesorcery? Be gone with ye, witch!
Sencesor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #57
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

http://www.freshselects.net/dibiase-comfort-zone grab this free EP while you can! its Dibia$e - one of the best producer out there imho

this is my favourite from it, when it goes somewhere else and drops back in it makes me excited like a little girl everytime

EDIT:
this is my least favourite track off it lol

Last edited by FunkMasterBrown; 12-12-2011 at 01:57 PM..

------------------
Old 15-12-2011, 03:10 AM   #58
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80997030
Thanked 4,136 Times in 2,684 Posts

to you fans of heavy jazz samples
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #59
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

thats really weird i just came here to post this fucking amazing DDay One track

------------------
Old 19-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #60
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

forgot about this thread

Advertisements

------------------