IMages from the place you're from... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 21-12-2016, 01:13 PM   #21
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744043991
Thanked 7,531 Times in 4,658 Posts
Re: IMages from the place you're from...

This thread is great.
Let me get some new pics together and I'll join in.

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
MFXxx (22-12-2016)
Old 21-12-2016, 05:20 PM   #22
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC
MC Status: 175278290
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,950 Posts

[Quote/Jaded###.html.exe]

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
I love this but to me it looks like kind of a party spot. Like there should be a light show behind it, party poppers, random props and more lights on it, someone playing with samplers and synths at the top of the steps, then in the foreground people drinking free beer and one dude who's trying to learn to kickflip on one spot.
deadmau7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 06:55 PM   #23
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 29410

Downey, CA, a suburb of LA (you can see it from my place when the smog's not so thick). Also, home of the world's oldest operating McDonald's:
Code:
We were a space race town, designed the space shuttle and built part of apollo here (I think, know we designed the shuttle for sure). After about the 90s, that all left. They made the old space factory into a movie studio for a bit (filmed the toby mcguire spiderman there). Now it's a shopping center along the lines of sodasopa from southpark.
Code:
Code:
And the most important picture of the city I can give you, the mason-dixon line of Downey! If you live north of that line, you are (and I quote) in "Mexican Beverly Hills" (the LA times calls it that). South is not so bad if you're close to the line, but the further away you get, the more you get into da ghetto (we're like 5-10 miles from Compton/Watts). School districts are even split around that for the most part so that we don't have to mix our classes. I can see the line from my backyard, but alas, am on da ghetto side. Still a decent enough neighborhood, though parking is a real bitch.
Code:

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
Lug (22-12-2016)
Old 22-12-2016, 03:48 AM   #24
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6906609
Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmau7 View Post
I love this but to me it looks like kind of a party spot. Like there should be a light show behind it, party poppers, random props and more lights on it, someone playing with samplers and synths at the top of the steps, then in the foreground people drinking free beer and one dude who's trying to learn to kickflip on one spot.
Man Myer Music Bowl is right next door to the Shrine. At the Shrine they have one of those eternal flames that burns for the soldiers or whatever. So they had some festival on at the Bowl one time and some loose as fuck festie cunt somehow managed to douse it with a can of Jack Daniels or Bundy or some bogan shit like that and all the old timers got their knickers in a knot.

Bloody riff raff.

I remember having this conversation with some old bloke at the tram stop about it and I was like, "Why's it disrespectful though?"

"Well, because the flame burns to commemorate the soldiers so it's important that we maintain it..." or some bullshit like that.

"Dude. It's a fucking gas burner."

He lost it at me. But I kind of think if you're going to say some gas burner is somehow sacred, you're off your dial.

Now. If there was an elite guard from the military or whatever whose job it was to collect wood from the gardens to keep the flame alight. Then maybe he'd have had a point. But if that were the case, they would've dropped the festie cunt before he even knew he was going to have a crack.

But it is a really nice place to walk around. Particularly at night because it's mostly dead after midnight.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Jaded
deadmau7 (22-12-2016)
Old 22-12-2016, 09:04 AM   #25
GomesR
IDMf Supporter
GomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MC
MC Status: 75724
Thanked 1,263 Times in 781 Posts
Re: IMages from the place your from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
my from:

Code:
Code:
Code:
Gud times

------------------
GomesR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 08:06 PM   #26
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80997030
Thanked 4,136 Times in 2,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GomesR View Post
Gud times
you know I'm being purposely negative for comic effect. There are amazing places around here. I'm sure.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 08:47 PM   #27
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC
MC Status: 175278290
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
I have some cool pics of Paris.
Pics or gtfo
deadmau7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to deadmau7
Jaded (23-12-2016)
Old 22-12-2016, 09:06 PM   #28
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163741
Thanked 1,419 Times in 1,047 Posts

Where I used to live in Copenhagen..

Code:
And this is Denmark, so..

Code:
And a famous tourist site near my current home.. And yes, that's me on the right..

Code:

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #29
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45948131
Thanked 5,799 Times in 3,642 Posts

usually when I think of big cities it's the nasty, dank, rotten, crowded parts you see in most American cities. But you guys over there in Denmark, Sweden and Finland seem to keep a mighty clean house. It looks so pristine and tidy. I want to go to there. Specifically the areas of Helsingborg and Helsingør.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 10:23 PM   #30
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
usually when I think of big cities it's the nasty, dank, rotten, crowded parts you see in most American cities. But you guys over there in Denmark, Sweden and Finland seem to keep a mighty clean house. It looks so pristine and tidy. I want to go to there. Specifically the areas of Helsingborg and Helsingør.
If you go to Helsingør one day sir, then you have to see the old castle of Kronborg.. Our castles are nothing next to the French or English castles.. By all means. The same goes for cathedrals and churches.. But we're content with what we have, the Danish way

Code:
It also contains our old casements or catacombs.. Where enemies of the state often ended up, it's our Tower of London, of sorts..

Code:

------------------
Old 22-12-2016, 11:27 PM   #31
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269481558
Thanked 3,159 Times in 2,091 Posts

Quote:
Most people think of the Strip when they think of Vegas. It's fun to go down and experience it, even better to drive away and pretend it's not there.

This is what I think of when I think of Vegas. Desert. Minutes from my neighborhood.

Code:
The hot breeze from the desert at night is my fondest memory of Las Vegas.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 01:18 AM   #32
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 65310
Thanked 1,306 Times in 961 Posts

Quote:
Most people think of the Strip when they think of Vegas. It's fun to go down and experience it, even better to drive away and pretend it's not there.

Code:
Code:
I like this pic I took a few years ago at the Bellagio looking at the Paris.

Code:

I live about 25 minutes from the Strip and it has more of a rural feel with open desert. I love walking every day and enjoying the desert beauty and temperate winters.

Picture of my neighborhood.
Code:
This is what I think of when I think of Vegas. Desert. Minutes from my neighborhood.

Code:
Park near my home. I took this because I liked the yellows and blues.

Code:
Sunsets are amazing here..took this on a walk in the neighborhood. You can see Venus in the sky if you look carefully.
Code:
There is nothing quite like a proper desert. There is an austere starkness to it and you are surrounded by the most precious of all luxuries of our times: utter and complete silence. There is hardly any other place (short of a sensory deprivation tank) that comes even close. It is a place where you can find yourself.

Albeit, no offense, I prefer the high desert of Arizona. Just a tad more bearable. Temperature wise.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 10:08 AM   #33
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MC
ottawa
MC Status: 10610

Code:
Code:
Code:
envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to envelope3
A.M (23-12-2016)
Old 15-02-2017, 11:13 AM   #34
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
Even our ghettos are kept tidy sort of.. I'm not kidding.. Saw this video yesterday and thought about what you said about keeping things tidy in Scandinavia. This video is also indeed where I'm from, the pristine ghettos of Denmark hehe.. Called "Vestegnen".. Nevermind the bad boys in the video, but notice the backgrounds.. Kickin it off as if it was Compton

------------------
Old 15-02-2017, 11:36 AM   #35
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

That's where I grew up.. Then I moved here..

Then I moved to the countryside..

Advertisements

------------------