Best bang for buck MIDI drumkit
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 27-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
keysersozeh
Analog Lurker
keysersozeh will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Best bang for buck MIDI drumkit

Electronic drummers out there.. please help .
I had enough of drumming on my midi keyboard. So I've been scouring the web for a midi drum-kit within the 300 euro range.
For an electronic midi drum-set im not looking for the built-in sounds at all.
The purpose of the drum-kit will solely be getting dynamic sounding drum-patterns (all music styles) into my FL studio piano roll.

Atm. some guy is now trying to sell me the Medeli DD-402 for 125 euro's.

But maybe some of you more experienced guys have better options. The drums do not have to be new.

This looks great.. but sadly to expensive:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
keysersozeh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 03:29 AM   #2
Toothless
Learning The Ropes
Toothless will become famous soon enough
'MERICA!
Re: Best bang for buck MIDI drumkit

Hi,

I have an Alesis DM10 that was pretty inexpensive for an electronic drumset. I did switch out the bass drum with a Yamaha one though because my other one wasn't responsive enough for me. I also switched the plastic drum heads with mesh heads relatively easily and it feels and plays pretty well.

I would definitely recommend checking it out. I have it running into Ableton and triggering samples from a drum rack.
Toothless is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2015, 09:50 PM   #3
Isaiah
Learning The Ropes
Isaiah is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

The Medeli DD-402 are pretty cheap because the components are prone to break. It's ok for recording midi, but test it out before you buy it. Like make sure all the pads register the full velocity dynamics on MIDI out.
Isaiah is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:19 AM   #4
jaytee
Regular Freak
jaytee is currently spamming hard
Toronto
MC Status: 34

I put my own together from random gear I found people selling for cheap. Found an ME35T (trigger-to-midi) for $25 at a used gear sale and went from there.
jaytee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:56 AM   #5
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13560

I've had my eye on one of the Alesis kits with the mesh heads. The mesh heads make such a big difference for me. 125 euros aint too bad though. I'd be tempted. Try em out first.
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 06:16 PM   #6
aizoyurei
Granular Poster
aizoyurei is just really niceaizoyurei is just really niceaizoyurei is just really niceaizoyurei is just really niceaizoyurei is just really nice
Osaka
MC Status: 410

I've pieced mine together. I don't like the look of V-kits so I bought mesh heads an triggers and put them on my kit with V-drum cymbal pads. Throw in an SPD-SX and a TD-11 drum brain and I'm having the time of my life. I can either use the included sounds, what's coming out of Ableton, or layer them both.

aizoyurei is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2015, 12:31 AM   #7
Firepac
Regular Freak
Firepac will become famous soon enough

Get the Roland TD-4K if you want something portable.

Advertisements

Firepac is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote