Komplete 10
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 29-09-2015, 11:39 PM   #1
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 72010
Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,045 Posts
Komplete 10

Hi,

I've sequestered myself for a while getting acquainted with Maschine. I've gotten drawn in by the features of the drum synth, Massive, and now Reaktor 6. For those of you that have tried, is the full Komplete 10 suite still value added or are the effects that come with Maschine 2.3 and the Reaktor 6 upgrade already the juiciest bits?

I was also wondering if the Kontrol S45 is actually of added utility or just a different way of doing the same as with Maschine Studio.

Thanks for any insights.

Andy

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:52 AM   #2
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 24510
Re: Komplete 10

dude I got a studio and a kontrol 61, and I am a new man.
I thought it would be a bad use of my money, and especially for that price point they are turning into the apple of synth world, but the work flow between the two is amazing. It turns your software into something you can interact with like a hardware.

Personally sound wise and immersion wise my sub 37 is my favorite synth, but this just about gets that immersion down to a T. I often produce lots of more ideas than I did on my mk2.

I not only get drums and with more swing and rhythm, but I even start to play with ideas for pads or leads . It is a very enjoyable experience, and a lot of work can be made through them together.

As far as komplete 10 goes if you have no other kompletes its worth it, but if you have komplete 9 just buy the new synths unless getting the upgrade is cheaper. In which in some case it might be. Reaktor 6 I have not explored it much, but I was already a reaktor guy more so than any other synth they have, so I think it is pretty solid , and blocks for me took it to another level. You can use the blocks they have, create blocks, and there will most likely be huge support for blocks.

Work flow is priceless , and I'd only recommend spending this on midi if you ONLY use native insturments plug ins which is what I do and hte only other plug in I use is omnisphere synth wise. Workflow is ridiculous and the sound is really just up to you layring and mixing sense it is digital, but yeah worth it in my book

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to NewWorldOrder
liquid_air (01-10-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 07:00 AM   #3
vashima
IDMf Supporter
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13560

Yea man for sure. If you don't have any Komplete bundles yet, than 10 is a good idea. Reaktor, Battery, Massive, FM8, and Absynth are well worth the cash. Fucking slick. I really want to get the kontrol for it. I'm sure that ups the awesomeness 10-fold. If you can afford it right now, drop the cash my friend. As far as ITB options that offer great hardware controllers, there aren't much better options.
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to vashima
liquid_air (16-10-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 07:40 AM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 217960
Thanked 4,359 Times in 3,236 Posts

I second everything the guys have said already. A few months back I got KOMPLETE 10 ULTIMATE bundled with the Kontrol S61 and been as happy as a pig in shit ever since. I, too, thought it looked sexy as hell, but was going to be not as good as it looked in the demo vids I watched..but I was wrong..it really DOSE open things up for you and, although the bundles are a bit costly, they really are well worth dropping that much cash on.

Not only that, but the use of 3rd party plugs with the Kontrol has also improved a lot since it was first launched..and, even though using other plugs might not be as tight as using NI's own stuff, you can still do a lot controller-wise with the Kontrol unit. And, did I mention it's a really well-made bit of kit?

Trust me, if you do plumb for them, you honestly won't be sorry.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
liquid_air (16-10-2015)
Old 16-10-2015, 04:12 AM   #5
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 72010
Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,045 Posts

Sounds like I'll get me a Kontrol and Komplete for the year end break. And some proper monitors.

I opted for some key synth/FX first... I've fallen hard for Serum. Absolutely awesome. This one, Vector and Predator suit me well.
Some FabFilter FX and Ohmicide together with Turnado offer really neat sound mangling.

The problem is that with all those goodies I'm just doodling around with cool sounds and haven't really finished anything.

I'm having hours of fun, though. So, I'm cool with it.

Andy

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2015, 05:15 PM   #6
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 217960
Thanked 4,359 Times in 3,236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Sounds like I'll get me a Kontrol and Komplete for the year end break. And some proper monitors.

I opted for some key synth/FX first... I've fallen hard for Serum. Absolutely awesome. This one, Vector and Predator suit me well.
Some FabFilter FX and Ohmicide together with Turnado offer really neat sound mangling.

The problem is that with all those goodies I'm just doodling around with cool sounds and haven't really finished anything.

I'm having hours of fun, though. So, I'm cool with it.

Andy
I wouldn't beat yourself up over spending all that time messing around with em, Andy..chalk it all down to building experience with em..after all, that's what it is in reality, you're getting to know them and what they can do under your control.

I used to think I was spending too much time just messing and tweaking things when I first started out..got to the stage where I hated the fact I wasn't actually producing..which only served to block my creativity at the time. But once I just said "feck it" and relaxed into using the new stuff I'd bought, the creativity just kicked in all by itself.

Besides, messing with new shit is part of what this is all about.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2015, 05:04 PM   #7
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Bergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin
MC Status: 5260

I love this pack! Bought it 6 months ago and I am finally getting used to the transient master and the compressors. Not such a huge fan of the eq unit it comes with but I really like using FM8's fx. The delay and reverbs are really cracken of coarse I am a huge massive fan too, I like all the other stuff it comes with like the maveric and horns section too

Advertisements

Bergnermd is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote