Guitars and things with strings. - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 17-04-2017, 07:22 AM   #81
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O))) Vault O)))
MC Status: -2147481497
Thanked 1,182 Times in 782 Posts
Re: Guitars and things with strings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
Got a new axe today

No dice on those dropbox links

Advertisements

Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 10:38 PM   #82
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45948131
Thanked 5,799 Times in 3,642 Posts

Fekkin dropbox and their new bullshit...

I guess I'll have to go back to photobucket or something...
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 11:36 PM   #83
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MC
ottawa
MC Status: 10610

Quote:
Fekkin dropbox and their new bullshit...

I guess I'll have to go back to photobucket or something...
what did you get?
envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 11:42 PM   #84
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1542127
Thanked 2,078 Times in 1,326 Posts

So, the artist that I am working for now is using Kemper Profilers in leu of Guitar Rig live, like they used to. I have to say that these Amp Profilers are some of the best digital recreations I've ever heard.

SO SICK.

they live in my world (which is monitors and playback area) and are controlled via midi from my Ableton playback session. We're getting signal to them from stage via Radial SGI boxes, these do the necessary impedance conversion and line amplification to send guitar signals over a stage snake without signal loss. The whole setup is really fucking slick... not to brag, but it was at my behest that they went this direction and after a SLAYER of a set at Coachella everyone is super stoked on this setup.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
oly (18-04-2017)
Old 18-04-2017, 12:25 AM   #85
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MCenvelope3 is a savage MC
ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
So, the artist that I am working for now is using Kemper Profilers in leu of Guitar Rig live, like they used to. I have to say that these Amp Profilers are some of the best digital recreations I've ever heard.

SO SICK.

they live in my world (which is monitors and playback area) and are controlled via midi from my Ableton playback session. We're getting signal to them from stage via Radial SGI boxes, these do the necessary impedance conversion and line amplification to send guitar signals over a stage snake without signal loss. The whole setup is really fucking slick... not to brag, but it was at my behest that they went this direction and after a SLAYER of a set at Coachella everyone is super stoked on this setup.
The amp models in the kemper are really great. Their effects not so much. Worth listening to the Kemper, Fractal Audio stuff, and the Line 6 Helix.
Old 18-04-2017, 01:19 AM   #86
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope3 View Post
what did you get?
Old 18-04-2017, 01:44 AM   #87
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
ottawa

Quote:
Dude it's strung the wrong way!

congrats!
Thanks to envelope3
Numerical (18-04-2017)
Old 18-04-2017, 01:58 AM   #88
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope3 View Post
Dude it's strung the wrong way!

congrats!
Yes 'tis a lefty.

I gotta jump on these things when they show up on craigslist, as being lefty, decent lefty guitars don't come along too often. So far it plays beautifully. Even the pickups are decent sounding and i thought i was going to have to replace those. Intonation was fantastic, another surprise, being used.
Old 18-04-2017, 02:09 AM   #89
Artificer
Deep Underground
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 40910

Epi Custom?
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 02:12 AM   #90
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
ottawa

Quote:
Yes 'tis a lefty.

I gotta jump on these things when they show up on craigslist, as being lefty, decent lefty guitars don't come along too often. So far it plays beautifully. Even the pickups are decent sounding and i thought i was going to have to replace those. Intonation was fantastic, another surprise, being used.

I recently decided to experiment with stocking really great left handed guitars at my shop. We'll see if it works out.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Thanks to envelope3
Numerical (18-04-2017)
Old 18-04-2017, 02:14 AM   #91
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
Epi Custom?
Actually it's a knock off. Jay Turser JT-200? Only paid 100 bucks for it. I plan on doing some Mastodon type stuff with it, maybe some black metal.
Thanks to Numerical
envelope3 (18-04-2017)
Old 18-04-2017, 02:30 AM   #92
Artificer
Deep Underground
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell

omg Jay Turser. That's a name I've not heard in a long, long time. That's some old school shit right there. Seem to remember them being really solid for the money. Yours looks pretty cherry to boot. The price was certainly right! fwiw I've got an Epi Custom and I thought yours was one, so it's pretty close.
Thanks to Artificer
Numerical (18-04-2017)
Old 18-04-2017, 02:40 AM   #93
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Austin

This one is really solid. I don't have much to compare it to in terms of other LPs I've played except for my old Stagg LP copy that looked like so

Sold that to my buddy's son who is also a lefty a few years ago.

as far as build quality the JT beats it out in every way and I paid 1/4 the price (10 years apart). I've only had the luxury of playing one Epi LP and while I didn't like the fact that it had no binding, it played well in the store.
Thanks to Numerical
Artificer (18-04-2017)
Old 18-04-2017, 03:02 AM   #94
Artificer
Deep Underground
Southern Hell

My Custom has binding. It's the real deal. I can tell because there's a nasty dent in it by the pup switch where I used the guitar to block a beer bottle and you can see the wood. Made sense at the time, nowadays I wish I'd taken the hit. I don't know if binding would affect the tone, but it sure looks sharp.

I actually just dug my Epi out a couple months ago after years in its case and rewired it, leveled and dress the frets, fixed a lot of little things and did a full setup on it and it plays like it was new. Such an awesome tone and very playable. I toured with it back before I could afford things like two guitars or nice guitars and it'd gotten so beaten up and out of whack it wasn't even fun to play. I'm glad I did, partially for nostalgia, partially because my back's too fuckered to strap on the lead life vest that is my actual LP.

I too have been Black Metalling with my LP-style guitar. Poorly. It's pretty satisfying anyway.
Old 22-04-2017, 08:52 AM   #95
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10378967

Ok so all the strings and everything else I think. Prized guitar is the Fender Telesonic on the right.

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2017, 05:12 PM   #96
jimmusician
Deep Underground
jimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8848

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
Thought I would go ahead and start a thread for the guitar players of IDMf.

I figured it could start out with a what instrument you play and branch out from there.

Me? I play both guitar and bass, my main instrument is a Fender strat that I've been modding for a number of years, and a Fender Jaguar custom baritone guitar.

I have/play bass as well, I've got a middle of the road Ibanez bass GR500.

I track through a line 6 pod pro splitting the processing duties between the POD (mostly for clean tones) and Guitar Rig (for everything else tones) and when i need to get loud I have a 70's Fender Bassman head and 2x12 cab that doubles as my bass and guitar amp.

How many "serious" guitarists are there on IDMf?
I have a bass and a cheap ovation acoustic. Carvin (now Kiesel) is a great brand well worth the bang if you haven't checked them out.
jimmusician is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2017, 05:30 PM   #97
Artificer
Deep Underground
Southern Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalized View Post
Ok so all the strings and everything else I think. Prized guitar is the Fender Telesonic on the right.
That's a beautiful collection! Care to give us some pedal highlights? Looks like you've got some interesting ones in there.
Old 22-04-2017, 05:53 PM   #98
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10378967

They're mostly all fuzz and overdrive pedals. A few good phaser and delay is the extent DIY takes me.

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 01:50 AM   #99
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1542127
Thanked 2,078 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:

GANGSTER!

:notafinga:

:edit: I think my cab is the same as your tech21 combo. They made an extension cab w that same finish, its what i am using w my Fender Bassman

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 09:55 AM   #100
Creepr
IDMf Artist
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7660

Quote:

nice collection. Have you ever tried plugging all those crybabies in series? Not sure what would happen, but I expect it would be cool.

Advertisements

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote