Why did you begin to make music? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

View Poll Results: Why did you begin to make music
For sex 1 3.70%
For money 2 7.41%
For fame 1 3.70%
For fun 23 85.19%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #21
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC
MC Status: 30760
Re: Why did you begin to make music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Someone once asked me why on earth I would waste my time on remaking Chopin tracks in DAWs, well, now you know.
Is it because you like to do some CHOPIN' and SLICIN'...
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Anyway. My dad is to thank for my obsessive music making. With his music collection, he unknowingly drew me away from the Spice Girls to dance music, and when I showed an interest in...

Code:
He bought it for me. The rest is history.

Advertisements

------------------
** UTTERLY FECKIN' BRILLIANT TUNE **
https://soundcloud.com/windfallen/kernow

coming soon on my label ....I wish
Yzarc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #22
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59128526

I just wanted to know how to.
That might well be my idea of fun too :/
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lebeux
thom (19-01-2015)
Old 19-01-2015, 03:29 PM   #23
nametag
Radial Developer
nametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeux View Post
I just wanted to know how to.
That might well be my idea of fun too :/
One theory of fun is that it is our brain rewarding us for learning. This way we are encouraged to learn more and thus adapt better.
nametag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 08:00 PM   #24
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 24510

I actually started playing hand drums at 7, but later got into trumpet, and then guitar. Guitar I always wanted to play, but didn't have the chance until I was in 8th grade, and at the end of high school I started with Fruity loops. I actually started by just putting like prime loops together, and I felt like I was making some badass electronic beats, and eventually by events and having my music called shitty by a dude I liked I actually took the time to get to explore music, daws, and finding what I like about certain genres. Kind of I make music because it is an exploration of yourself, but you can make it abstract as possible, or make it predictable.

I like it now in a why kind of similar to when I was a teenager + for what I found when in college. Music can be like an international language where you display yourself for others to see, it can be competition like the old guitar battles, rap battles, it can teach you about yourself, it can embody history and culture, and the world of synth and playing guitar man is like an infinite experience.

I also like the power to bring people together or divide people. It is very powerful man and I make it out of the love of it, the path of it, the study of it, and the competition of it.

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 10:01 AM   #25
lowlif3
Analog Lurker
lowlif3 has much to be proud oflowlif3 has much to be proud oflowlif3 has much to be proud oflowlif3 has much to be proud oflowlif3 has much to be proud oflowlif3 has much to be proud oflowlif3 has much to be proud oflowlif3 has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1020

I chose fun but it's not exactly right. I started to make music because I wanted to. Then I continued for the kicks.
lowlif3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #26
fck75
Granular Poster
fck75 has a spectacular aura aboutfck75 has a spectacular aura aboutfck75 has a spectacular aura about
Paris
MC Status: 210

Simply because I love music and it is an amazing way to express yourself
fck75 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to fck75
Muse-ic (24-01-2015)
Old 23-01-2015, 02:17 AM   #27
purplefish
Master of the LFO
purplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MCpurplefish is a savage MC
Ghent
MC Status: 11410

I chose fun but I was actually forced to play the recorder in school.

------------------
my drawings/music/videos/stuff: http://www.floodcomics.com/
purplefish is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 04:13 AM   #28
Cynos
Microknight
Cynos is a splendid one to beholdCynos is a splendid one to beholdCynos is a splendid one to beholdCynos is a splendid one to beholdCynos is a splendid one to beholdCynos is a splendid one to behold
San Carlos de Bariloche
MC Status: 660

Because I love music.

And for fun too.

------------------
SC - dA
Cynos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 12:13 AM   #29
SantiagoPaskuda
Regular Freak
SantiagoPaskuda has a spectacular aura aboutSantiagoPaskuda has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

If a person loves music too much, stronger than just enjoying listening to it like most of people, he/she usually tries to learn to reproduce and later to create it by him/herself. So did I. The thing is in the strenghth of loving music, I think.
SantiagoPaskuda is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to SantiagoPaskuda
Kvlt O))) (26-01-2015)
Old 26-01-2015, 12:33 AM   #30
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Because I have a lot of emotional problems, and music makes me feel like everything is going to be OK.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
thom (26-01-2015)
Old 26-01-2015, 12:37 AM   #31
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 189560
Thanked 3,791 Times in 2,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
Because I have a lot of emotional problems, and music makes me feel like everything is going to be OK.
Code:

Advertisements

thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote