How do you guys sell your music? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 24-12-2014, 12:39 AM   #41
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC
MC Status: 30760
Re: How do you guys sell your music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Question for all you bandcamp sellers...

I recently had a pay what you want self release on BandCamp. My friend and I made a little cash actually. Not much, but some. To receive the money it's linked to my paypal which I've had for a number of years. Bought many things and have received numerous payments through the account through eBay. In order for me to receive the money I've been paid through bandcamp however paypal is insisting I link my bank account to my paypal. I think this is quite ridiculous. The money is just sitting there being held until I add my bank account. Credit card isn't good enough I guess and is what I've had linked to the account for, again, a number of years. If I don't add the bank info the funds are going to be sent back to the people who tried to send them to me.

Guess my question is, for those of you receiving payments via bandcamp, is this the same for you?
I wouldn't know because i've never sold anything on bandcamp however i do know that you need to connect your bank account to paypal in order to transfer payments. Or even receive payments. I think

Advertisements

------------------
** UTTERLY FECKIN' BRILLIANT TUNE **
https://soundcloud.com/windfallen/kernow

coming soon on my label ....I wish
Yzarc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Yzarc
RFJ (24-12-2014)
Old 24-12-2014, 12:53 AM   #42
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199648518
Thanked 4,985 Times in 3,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikkiSho View Post
I wouldn't know because i've never sold anything on bandcamp however i do know that you need to connect your bank account to paypal in order to transfer payments. Or even receive payments. I think
To transfer payments, sure, that I understand. But again I've received several thousand dollars in eBay sales over the years and also recently received an 80 dollar personal payment from a friend I sold a microphone to. Also sold some other things I had lying around and the money was sent via paypal (eBay not involved) and had no problem getting the money. Those last couple things have all been since October, the last one being the end of November.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 05:10 AM   #43
Reubino
Minor Glitch
Reubino is a splendid one to beholdReubino is a splendid one to beholdReubino is a splendid one to beholdReubino is a splendid one to beholdReubino is a splendid one to beholdReubino is a splendid one to beholdReubino is a splendid one to behold
Melbourne
MC Status: 710

To RFJ.

I've got my bank account linked to my paypal in order to transfer the bandcamp funds over. I have no real issue with it to be honest. I actually prefer this way as I know exactly what's going in and out of my account. The less I use my credit card the better. Having credit card debt is not fun.
Reubino is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #44
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 23210

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikkiSho View Post
Define professional looking
like something like Itunes or Amazon if you can manage that.
I honestly wish Zune was still going because I'd use Zune and not Itunes. :'(.

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #45
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
like something like Itunes or Amazon if you can manage that.
I honestly wish Zune was still going because I'd use Zune and not Itunes. :'(.
Meh. Professional appearance is overrated.

------------------

Old 25-12-2014, 04:00 AM   #46
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

iTunes and their bLoatwAre can take a fucking hike. Every iTunes purchase I've ever made was followed by regret and shame.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2014, 05:01 AM   #47
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
iTunes and their bLoatwAre can take a fucking hike. Every iTunes purchase I've ever made was followed by regret and shame.
Tell me more... Ive not experienced this

------------------

Old 28-12-2014, 01:43 AM   #48
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 23210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
I feel ya man. I personally don't like apple. The only reason I use mainstream is that I know people who are not really into music probably only know mediums like Itunes or amazon. I wish there were more underground options like Bandcamp, but maybe eventually.

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 07:41 AM   #49
djoxygen
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9390679

i take my cd's and throw them at people till i hit one of them in the eye, then while their doubled over i grab their wallets and watches. sometimes i pawn the watches. sometimes i keep them and hang them on my wall.

Advertisements

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

"and the decades of what appears to have been unnecessary fearmongering"
djoxygen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote