yeah, another fuck you soundcloud thread - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 31-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #201
Mindsweeper
★VIP MEGA EURO STAR★
Mindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MC
BUTTFUCKSVILLE
MC Status: 262786179
Thanked 2,930 Times in 1,771 Posts
Re: yeah, another fuck you soundcloud thread

You can even put hearthis.at players in your signature for low-level acceptable self whoring! (that's the first thing that even drew me to soundcloud to be honest )

Advertisements

Mindsweeper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #202
Trebesch
IDMf Artist
Trebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MC
Isle of Skye
MC Status: 8602181

I like that hearthis.at are letting you sell your music now, Bandcamp style. Unlike Bandcamp they don't seem to let the listener pay what they want though, unless I'm mistaken.
Trebesch is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #203
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 24510

I guess I will check hear this out

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #204
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744053841
Thanked 7,730 Times in 4,764 Posts

SoundCloud Sign Licensing Deal With Warner Music, Announce Paid Subscription Model
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
djoxygen (08-01-2015)
Old 05-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #205
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42418349
Thanked 5,687 Times in 3,695 Posts

Since they describe it as a 'tier', it implies that it won't be the entire service that is subs-based. Hopefully by the time my subscription runs out, other services will have caught up and/or stabilized and be more widely supported on 3rd party websites.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:48 PM   #206
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744053841
Thanked 7,730 Times in 4,764 Posts

Yeah, it's no surprise tbh.
All these services start out free, say they'll stay free but have bits in the small print that say they can change whatever they like whenever they like and hey fuck you!
It's the internet, if it's no longer providing the service you need for free then use something else that is. (not specifically you, you know what I mean)
It seems weird to me how quickly people get sucked into their brand loyalty really.
I noticed that The Black Dog have recently switched to hearthis too because of issues with copyright on one of their mixes.
It's not that much hassle to switch providers.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
Alert (08-01-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 02:13 PM   #207
TigerMendoza
Knob Twiddler
TigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to allTigerMendoza is a name known to all
Oxford
MC Status: 610
SoundCloud, HeartThis.AT or other

So reading through this post and the general discussions going on around SoundCloud at the moment, what do you lot think? Is it still worth sticking with? What are the real alternatives? I've heard a lot about HeartThis.AT and have an account but haven't really used it much to be honest.

There's a pretty good list of alternatives here:
http://www.djtechtools.com/2014/07/1...or-dj-content/ but would like to hear what people hear think rather than some ranting blogger.

------------------
New album - The Shadow

Blog | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter | Bandcamp
TigerMendoza is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:36 PM   #208
Kemono
Granular Poster
Kemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1310

So I canceled my SC subscription today, so I guess hearthis.at is the new place to go?
Kemono is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:57 AM   #209
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
If you donít fucking like the new Soundcloud youíre a fucking idiot. Itís so awesome that cover art is limited to 500◊500 (even if you upload a bigger image) so youíre not stuck with this huge image that could take up several hundred kilobytes of hard drive space. Also itís great that if someone reposts a track that you donít know if it came out today or 3 years ago. It really makes you focus on what is best and not what is newest and totally not confusing. Just like the new way of spotlighting things is not confusing or the fact that reposting makes tracks appear in your stream as if they are your own. If anything these are mental puzzles made to strengthen your fucking intellect. Soundcloud wants to make you better.
lol
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:07 PM   #210
Kemono
Granular Poster
Kemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud ofKemono has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1310

I honestly just want a place to upload and share wip's and tests, that's not really going for the whole "promote yourself and become famous through our platform" theme that seems to be what most platforms do.
Kemono is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #211
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC
MC Status: 30760

There's a place called IDMforums for that
Yzarc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:05 AM   #212
Alert
Soundscaper
Alert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond repute
Oblivion Fringe
MC Status: 4271

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoxygen View Post
so once the focus is dead... and it will be... -- soundcloud will become just as myspace- something will "magically pop up"- replacing SC- then everyone will jump on that cuz its better- and once sc is at it's weakest- the corporation will curb stomp it into the ground and pay for the funeral, common sense will make sure no family members are allowed to attend. then in 3-5 years it will completely be "revamped"- but no one will care anymore, including the corporation.
exactly what happened to MySpace and probably exactly what will happen to Soundcloud

------------------
Alert is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 01:36 PM   #213
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC

Is it just me or does the functionality of SC seem to be slipping more? All I had noticed before was that the Track Artwork Editor would never work, and I'd always be presented with "Artwork could not be uploaded".

That STILL does not seem to be fixed.

And more and more recently I'll log on to my page to find either: my tracks not loading at all; or the whole page not loading, and instead I am presented with "Could not find that page".

And the other day I tried sharing a private track to a select few, using the Secret Link and sending it in SoundCloud PMs. The link didn't work, so I reset the link, and it still didn't work. Reset a third time, still did not work.

And the Playlist Edit page still has not made the transition from classic SoundCloud to new.

Yet the admin faff around with silly crap like re-arranging how the track page looks AGAIN. Or moving some random button from here to there.

------------------
** UTTERLY FECKIN' BRILLIANT TUNE **
https://soundcloud.com/windfallen/kernow

coming soon on my label ....I wish
Yzarc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #214
badmotor
Savage Mad Cunt
badmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MC
MC Status: 31560

Soundcloud Reverse beta.

------------------
badmotor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to badmotor
Yzarc (27-01-2015)
Old 27-01-2015, 04:13 PM   #215
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmotor View Post
Soundcloud Reverse beta.
Lolll.

And further lolzzz at your signature!

Advertisements

------------------
** UTTERLY FECKIN' BRILLIANT TUNE **
https://soundcloud.com/windfallen/kernow

coming soon on my label ....I wish