[Breakcore/IDM/Glitch] VA - "Strobosonic", MOZYK015, 01/09/2015
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf's User Releases Post your official releases here. Works in progress and promo spam will be removed.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #1
Marcanta
Microknight
Marcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MC
MC Status: 479577
[Breakcore/IDM/Glitch] VA - "Strobosonic", MOZYK015, 01/09/2015

Hello!

I produce under the name Marcanta and together with Blaerg, Synthamesk and Daed we have created a split clocking in at a little over 55 minutes. 9 tracks, each and every artist with their own flare and I feel very proud. I'm well satisfied with the result!

I've contributed 2 songs to this one, the opener and the 5th track.

The opener, 'Outbreak At The Arcade', is a 18 minute long track that took me years to complete, I have not been working on it constantly but there are parts that are over 5 years old. The reason why it took me so long to complete the first song is, well first because I have been working on other music in between, but I try to put a lot of effort into composition/song arangement.

I like to write individual parts and try to link them together with an intro/verse/bridge/chorus/Outro type of thinking, but not like a simple pop song structure. Rather I try to extend it to more complex grounds. For instance, there might be bridge 1, bridge 2 and bridge 3, vers 1, vers 2 and those might be unrelated to each other in nature and sound but I still relate them as that particular function. When a part finally reemerges, which can take around 3-7 minutes sometimes, I want it to not feel like a simple copy/paste thing, so besides it being new drums there I might just keep the bas line but the lead melodies and pads are new/different(sometimes borrowed from other parts). Easter eggs could be a good description for what I try to do. So a lot of melodies, basslines, rhythm arrangement and pads reemerges even though it might not be apparant at the first few times listening to it. This in my opinion is one of those things that makes a song "last longer" and it's also probably the most fun part in writing music I find, but also the most difficult and that is because I put a lot of pressure on myself to feel all parts are there for a reason. If I feel that the red thread disappears and/or the flow breaks I have to find another way around until I'm satisfied, which happens a lot.

Anyway, first song, Outbreak At The Arcade is heavily influenced by videogame/arcade. One game in particular is Contra III: The Alien Wars that some of you might remember as a pretty pumped and intense apocalyptic action SNESgame.

The fifth track is Miomblo and it has, like most of my tracks, a very melodic nature, but they are usually of a pumped eerie and evil nature. This track is quite happy and it's just like the opener a pretty long song at almost 11 minutes.

Rather than explaning any further in detail about the songs please go ahead and listen!

I hope you guys enjoy hearing this one and I'd gladly appreciate all opinions and criticism, be it good or bad and any song on the record.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Thank you!

Last edited by Marcanta; 04-09-2015 at 12:06 PM..

Advertisements

Marcanta is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:32 PM   #2
InDefianceOfGravity
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
InDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MCInDefianceOfGravity is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 19010
Re: [Breakcore/IDM/Glitch] VA - "Strobosonic", MOZYK015, 01/09/2015

the last two minutes of Outbreak at the Arcade are fucking amazing. you are just a master of making this crazy and super intricate breakcore feel so fluid.

i'll save listening to the rest of the release for another day. it's going to take a while to digest all of this.
InDefianceOfGravity is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #3
Marcanta
Microknight
Marcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MCMarcanta is a savage MC

Thank you so much!
It is indeed a lot to digest. My hopes is that this is something that will grow on you so hopefully it will last a while.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:41 AM   #4
QrQ
Analog Lurker
QrQ is just really niceQrQ is just really niceQrQ is just really niceQrQ is just really niceQrQ is just really nice
MC Status: 410

Just picked this up after finding a reference to it in the listening booth. So much to chew over here. Very tight production values, lovely discordant textures, and structure if fascinating to me as I'm trying to learn more about arrangement. Great.

------------------
QrQ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2015, 07:19 PM   #5
Marcanta
Microknight

Glad to hear it! Yes, I think arrangement is for me one of the core values in making music and it's definitely one of the things I listen to the most when listening to music.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:50 PM   #6
BadLlama
Regular Freak
BadLlama is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

wow - This is insane. Outbreak really puts me in my place as a producer - I have no idea how to make three quarters of these sounds, and the ones that I could muddle through, I wouldn't have a clue where to start stringing them together the way you do.

The attention to detail to every individual sound in every bar is just nuts. Your commitment to avoiding repetition in such a fast moving song really hits home for me - repetition can be the bane of good music in my opinion. And then consider that its a 17 minute track...I don't know, if I listen to any more, I think my head might explode.

Awesome work man, I'll be back to give the rest of the comp a listen soon.

*edit: grammer.

Advertisements

BadLlama is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote