[Tech House] Plastic Trick
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf's User Releases Post your official releases here. Works in progress and promo spam will be removed.

Old 17-08-2015, 11:43 PM   #1
jBam
Radial Developer
jBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud of
Melbourne
MC Status: 1413
[Tech House] Plastic Trick

Hi again...

Another track released on Baroque Records yesterday...! Hard to keep track of these things while I'm in the USA...

Plastic Trick's a hard to define track to me... Kinda tech house / kinda techno / kinda ambient. It has a weird lead synth (programmed on Waldorf Pulse) that sounds kind of like a robot cow dying - but strangely it sounds perfect (to me).

Listen for free below, or purchase on Beatport...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Comments welcome, and feel free to connect via Facebook or PM on this forum

Advertisements

------------------
jBam is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:04 PM   #2
nxdxcx
Minor Glitch
nxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of light
OKC, USA
MC Status: 510
Re: [Tech House] Plastic Trick

There in the first 60-80 seconds I was like "Wtf is that SYNTH?!" but then I let it ride for a while and realized a couple things. 1. It starts to grow on you / not become so offensive as you get further into the track and 2. The Last half of the song is interesting, unique and somewhat of what I would consider to be a jazzy type techno sound. Interesting beat sir. Interesting groove my man.
nxdxcx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: NxDxcx - Si Webon
Old 07-09-2015, 08:54 PM   #3
jBam
Radial Developer
jBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud ofjBam has much to be proud of
Melbourne

Hey nxdxcx… Thanks for taking the time to comment

Glad I got you with the track too

I'm actually half wondering from your description if you were listening to "The Long Walk Home" on the sound cloud in my signature rather than the link to Plastic Trick… but either way, always nice to get positive feedback from people I don't know personally!…

If you're interested, you can listen to most of my releases on the new beatport.com (not the "pro beatport")… Beatport now lets you stream full length tracks for free, which is great for listening to tunes in general; and really handy for DJs who want to be sure of their next purchase

Here's a link to my official beatport page:

……………Be well!

------------------
Old 08-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #4
SkyHighDiamonds
Minor Glitch
SkyHighDiamonds has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHighDiamonds has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHighDiamonds has a spectacular aura about
Cornwall
MC Status: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBam View Post

Plastic Trick's a hard to define track to me... Kinda tech house / kinda techno / kinda ambient. It has a weird lead synth (programmed on Waldorf Pulse) that sounds kind of like a robot cow dying - but strangely it sounds perfect (to me).

Listen for free )

Does it need defining? Not sure that much music these days slips handily into neat genre definitions or boxes, which is great. I listened for free…I like it, it is upbeat, solid and pulsing. Good stuff
SkyHighDiamonds is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
mike90t09
Minor Glitch
mike90t09 will become famous soon enough
Traverse City, MI
MC Status: 60

I enjoyed the track! You included a variety of sounds to keep the listener engaged and I also enjoyed the bouncy feel throughout.

Good stuff.

------------------
mike90t09 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:28 PM   #6
jBam
Radial Developer
Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHighDiamonds View Post
Does it need defining?
Haha… too true mate …. In fact - across forums you'll find me talking about just this: confusion of the excessive world of genres and sub genres….. But I prefer to say "hard to define" than simply say "tech house" and get a bunch of people correcting me haha.

Thanks for taking the time to comment --> I'm glad you like the track ----> was one of those tracks that was really fun / fulfilling to write……

Keep an eye out for more tunes out from me soon-ish… I think maybe this month? Can't remember! And most of my releases are available for free full-length streaming on my official beatport:

If you like, you can connect with me via Facebook; or send a PM……..

------------------
Old 08-09-2015, 09:35 PM   #7
jBam
Radial Developer
Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike90t09 View Post
I enjoyed the track! You included a variety of sounds to keep the listener engaged and I also enjoyed the bouncy feel throughout.

Good stuff.
Thanks Mike --->

It's nice to get this positive feedback from you and others….. I actually wrote this one the day before new years eve, and played it out the next night (a rough edit)……….. It went down really well then, and I was like "damn… I need to get this track finished up and out there….". It's always funny like that - case I put the time into it, sent it off and then… well it's months and months later now that it's getting released! -----> glad it's "still got it" haha

Like I mentioned to sky-highDiamonds below, you can check out more of my stuff on beatport, or connect via Facebook or even PM me if you like………

Be well!

------------------
Old 09-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #8
SkyHighDiamonds
Minor Glitch
SkyHighDiamonds has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHighDiamonds has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHighDiamonds has a spectacular aura about
Cornwall

Quote:
Haha… too true mate …. In fact - across forums you'll find me talking about just this: confusion of the excessive world of genres and sub genres….. But I prefer to say "hard to define" than simply say "tech house" and get a bunch of people correcting me haha.

Thanks for taking the time to comment --> I'm glad you like the track ----> was one of those tracks that was really fun / fulfilling to write……

Keep an eye out for more tunes out from me soon-ish… I think maybe this month? Can't remember! And most of my releases are available for free full-length streaming on my official beatport:
Yeah, definitions, people ask me what I do…I tend to give them a list of roughly linked genres but there is no definite label for my work. Feedback lately has included words like "utterly original" so that defies known & established genres I would have thought!

Thoroughly enjoyed the track and if it was fun to make then thats awesome to hear. My last track stressed me out so much cos of the sound recordings that kick started it, took around 5 months from start to finish (whilst working on other stuff) but hey, I do what I love and I love what I do so it was worth the time and stress

I will be in touch to hear more
Old 09-09-2015, 11:53 PM   #9
jBam
Radial Developer
Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHighDiamonds View Post
I tend to give them a list of roughly linked genres...)
Haha.. yup... I was doing just that recently somewhere online, when I realised that I was writing a new acronym of a genre...

PATH music

(Progressive Ambient Tech House)

But yeah - I generally don't think about what I'm trying to write, scept on the odd occasion when I just want to write some good old bangin' Techno...! it'd be too restrictive and too much of a headache... I just write; and it either grabs me and I can't stop; or I loose interest and move on.

The 5 months writing journey does sound stressful! But if the results are good, then that good work ... These days I can't engage unless I start and finish the bulk of the writing within a few sessions..... Although that can still be spread over a few weeks --> but that's just me; and it certainly wasn't always the case!

Thanks again for the interest in my tunes

------------------
Old 10-09-2015, 08:49 AM   #10
SkyHighDiamonds
Minor Glitch
Cornwall

Quote:

The 5 months writing journey does sound stressful!
Just a tad! Every sound was from a tuned wine glass tuned to various notes, phew, seemed like a good idea at the time but cleaning them up and arranging them was the longest bit.

I think I need to develop an acronym for my work! You have inspired me!

Cheers
Old 02-10-2015, 04:54 AM   #11
untrackedmusic
Regular Freak
untrackedmusic will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Fun track! For me it didn't really get going until about 3:00, but well mixed and great feel.
untrackedmusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #12
jBam
Radial Developer
Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrackedmusic View Post
Fun track! For me it didn't really get going until about 3:00, but well mixed and great feel.
Cheers

Yeah the "2:00" 64bar drop is subtle… or less than … Sounds deep and cool on a big system though with just that bass pumping with a cut back beat ;P

Glad you liked the tune dude… and thanks for the comment too!

Be well

Advertisements

------------------