Ambient/atmospheric/moody music
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 01-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
datacoresound
Sample Destroyer
datacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MC
northern hemisphere
MC Status: 4718018
Ambient/atmospheric/moody music

Hi people. I'm 27 years old and I write a bit of music. It's generally ambient, moody, atmospheric, spacey stuff that might sound more at home in a video game than on your iPod.

Have a listen.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I'm relatively new at the production end of it, so production and mixing probably won't be the caliber you're used to, but if you can overlook that you might enjoy it.
Play it in the background while you're reading something really interesting on the internet! I've found it works well for that at the very least.
The tracks have lots of progression so to get the whole 'feel' of them you have to listen from start to finish, or at least that's what I was aiming for.

Give thumbs up or thumbs down, tell me what you love or what you hate. Leave comments and such.

Cheers all and thanks.

Advertisements

------------------
datacoresound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - Ambient/atmospheric/moody music.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:42 AM   #2
Chills
Ghostly
Chills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MC
Boston
MC Status: 7998752
Re: Ambient/atmospheric/moody music

I thought this track was really nice. I subbed.

------------------
Chills is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:45 AM   #3
datacoresound
Sample Destroyer
datacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MCdatacoresound is a savage MC
northern hemisphere

Cheers thanks for listening. Which track was it that you liked?

------------------
Old 02-10-2011, 03:51 AM   #4
Chills
Ghostly
Chills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MCChills is a savage MC
Boston
MC Status: 7998752

Phobosdark. You should definitely embed the link to the track you want people to hear though if you want to get more feedback.

------------------
Chills is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:04 AM   #5
Jazzyspoon
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
Jazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 35999546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills View Post
You should definitely embed the link to the track you want people to hear though if you want to get more feedback.
+1
I liked this one enough, but they all felt a little under done production wise.

------------------
Jazzyspoon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
datacoresound
Sample Destroyer
northern hemisphere

Cheers yeah I'm very new to the producing and mixing part that's something I'm trying to improve on. I only began doing so in May of this year.

Thanks for taking the time to listen I appreciate it.

------------------
Old 02-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary
MC Status: 256174

Definitely on the right track man. Don't worry. You'll learn quick.

------------------
http://www.facebook.com/mystricmusic

I like remixing pop songs.
dj_patm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #8
datacoresound
Sample Destroyer
northern hemisphere

Thanks patm. What should I be listening for in order to boost the quality of production? My ears are open to any advice. Thanks.

------------------
Old 06-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #9
pixkha
Granular Poster
pixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MC
Brisbane
MC Status: 13897

Keep it up man really like the vibe in your tunes.
pixkha is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:33 AM   #10
pixkha
Granular Poster
pixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MCpixkha is a savage MC
Brisbane
MC Status: 13897

Quote:
Originally Posted by datacoresound View Post
Thanks patm. What should I be listening for in order to boost the quality of production? My ears are open to any advice. Thanks.
Ideally awesome speakers with a clean signal path in an awesome room
pixkha is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #11
Acidharper
Regular Freak
Acidharper is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I liked this track a lot. Sounds like a downtempo old-school electronic/ambient music to me. I'd say it has analog-sounding sounds which is a big plus in my book.

It doesn't get monotonous or boring, it has a good mixture of varied sounds and longer pads. I think that the beat is also quite appropriate.

I'd put in some more strange sounds here and there, perhaps. Some lead that appears before the more silent part at 1:39 might be suitable but not essential.

Which programs and synths did you use?
Acidharper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #12
steeboo
IDMf Artist
steeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MC
montfoort
MC Status: 75629089

Very well done for someone producing not too long! My tips would be to add little details here and there. Some subtle variations in the percussion, some sounds that pop in every 16th beat, building some tension. But ita very promising so far!

------------------
steeboo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:41 AM   #13
soundgypsy
Analog Lurker
soundgypsy is a savage MCsoundgypsy is a savage MCsoundgypsy is a savage MCsoundgypsy is a savage MCsoundgypsy is a savage MCsoundgypsy is a savage MCsoundgypsy is a savage MCsoundgypsy is a savage MCsoundgypsy is a savage MCsoundgypsy is a savage MCsoundgypsy is a savage MC
Newbury
MC Status: 847888

Nice man! Love the pads/piano. Reminds me of Digital Witchcraft (Fingerpaint, snowday). Might be cool to have a string or vox sample come in mid way to make it even more interesting.

Advertisements

------------------
soundgypsy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote