WHITE NOISE "Competition" pt. 2 - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Closed Thread
Old 28-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #61
Ronin1973
Regular Freak
Ronin1973 has a spectacular aura aboutRonin1973 has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160
Re: WHITE NOISE "Competition" pt. 2

Deadlines past? We don't need no stinking deadlines! Just bring out the hookers and blow!!! Oh wait.. none of that?

Well, I've been having fun this afternoon playing with white noise. However, I'm still in noobie status and can't post links.

So I'd like to keep this thread going if it's okay with the admin. I'd like to post a rough of what I'm working on if he'll (cough) lift my status. I'd be willing to send an mp3 and Ableton session file as well to validate that I've been using nothing but white noise (NI Massive and Camel Alchemy).

I kind of love the snare I came up with. It's pretty puny, but when you add some Saturn with a little tape distortion in the low mids... you get a nice THUNK out of your white noise.

Advertisements

Ronin1973 is offline   Thanks
Old 28-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #62
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269478858
Thanked 3,105 Times in 2,054 Posts

I think it's fine to keep this thread going for experiments in white noise...

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks
Old 29-07-2014, 05:53 AM   #63
djoxygen
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9390679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
Due to overwhelming demand, the White Noise Competition is back!

Prizes
This is a real competition, all entries will be judged by a selected panel (2/3 incorruptible and morally outstanding members of the forums still to be confirmed) and you win fuck all.
That's all, the winner gets a virtual pat on his/her shoulder and limited internet fame for a hour or so.

No contract on Hyperdub, no release on super-limited cassette (with download code, of course), no exclusive release on 7", no hookers, no cocaine, no stardom.

Rules
- All the sounds you use in your must be based on white noise, but [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
will be tolerated;
- As long as the source of your sound is noise, anything is allowed, sampling, resampling, trisampling, overdistortion, filtering (yes, even filters that can self-oscillate can be used, thus allowing a few sine waves here and there [a.k.a: 808-style kicks and sub-basses]), stretching, whatever;
- Because of the "rule" above, you might be asked to detail your process, this is more for community interest than for the Spanish Inquisition (Nobody was expecting it);
- Tracks must be less than 6 minutes, the Internet has a short attention spam, (I'd be surprised if had read this far);
- As the book "White Noise" by Don DeLillo is maybe my favourite book ever and the title perfectly fits with the competition, you're allowed to record sentences from that book and use them in your track.
There is a caveat: the sentences must be read be either yourself or a close member of your family (father, mother, siblings, sons/daughters, spouse/partner), friends are not allowed. You don't have a family? Ask IDMf then.

Deadline
To be confirmed, I'll be on honeymoon soonish, so I'll allow myself enough time and I'll update this later.

Estimated Deadline
02/05/14

Submission
Post your track in the thread and I'll update the firs post, reserved for submissions.
You can post your work in progress, but only the final submission will be posted in the submission post, don't expect me to update your submission 20 times...

There might be more...

QUESTION : ---- Did i miss this?????? is there a new one i can do???????????? fuck man i wish i had done this- it's so simple!!!!! lemme know asap= hit me up on fb if there's a new comp and i missed the old one, or just on here or a pm- thanks ya for reading ^__^ --0xy

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

"and the decades of what appears to have been unnecessary fearmongering"
djoxygen is offline   Thanks
Old 29-07-2014, 05:54 AM   #64
djoxygen
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsr View Post
so. this is what I get from not being active here and active in life instead; I miss yet another white noise comp. Dammit..
right there w/ ya

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

Old 29-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #65
Bipolar Joe
Master of the LFO
Bipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9010

Balls, any ways, here's a generative Pure Data patch using only white noise.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Bipolar Joe is offline   Thanks
Old 31-05-2017, 08:35 AM   #66
djoxygen

anyone up for a noise compilation in late july?

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

Old 31-05-2017, 09:40 AM   #67
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 19910

Yeah, any chance of a white nose (nice typo^^) competition 2017?

------------------
Schnork is offline   Thanks
Old 18-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #68
djoxygen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnork View Post
Yeah, any chance of a white nose (nice typo^^) competition 2017?
if anyone is down to do a white noise comp- post a response to this message and we will tally the votes FOR & AGAINST a white noise release

i would like to set a deadline of LATE OCTOBER for this release. HOWEVER- if there are 2 or more releases going on between late september and late october------- let's push for MID NOVEMBER---- IDMf WHITE NOISE COMP VOL2 thanks everyone and feel free to add whatever you like have a great beginning of fall and late summer! #WORKHARDNIGGA

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

Thanks to djoxygen
7asid (18-08-2017)
Old 19-08-2017, 12:42 AM   #69
-Agu-
Knob Twiddler
-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute-Agu- has a reputation beyond repute
Helsinki
MC Status: 6160

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoxygen View Post
if anyone is down to do a white noise comp- post a response to this message and we will tally the votes FOR & AGAINST a white noise release

i would like to set a deadline of LATE OCTOBER for this release. HOWEVER- if there are 2 or more releases going on between late september and late october------- let's push for MID NOVEMBER---- IDMf WHITE NOISE COMP VOL2 thanks everyone and feel free to add whatever you like have a great beginning of fall and late summer! #WORKHARDNIGGA
Could be fun.

------------------
-Agu- is offline   Thanks
Old 19-08-2017, 02:07 PM   #70
brb
IDMf Artist
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69891369
Thanked 1,024 Times in 663 Posts

------------------
:mayonesa:
brb is offline   Thanks
Thanks to brb
A.M (19-08-2017)
Old 20-08-2017, 12:14 AM   #71
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110600
Thanked 2,186 Times in 1,419 Posts

If you want to do it then do it! It's that easy. Run a competition - make some rules, have a prize. Just go for it.

Advertisements

Oatbag is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Oatbag
djoxygen (31-08-2017)
Closed Thread