[Dub Techno] Monochord - Fog and Wind wip
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 24-09-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
EmTeX
Analog Chord Scientist
EmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MC
Luzern
MC Status: 11026
[Dub Techno] Monochord - Fog and Wind wip

here is my new track i'm currently working on

Advertisements

------------------
Deep Electronics Podcast #81 - Monochord

EmTeX is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dub Techno] Monochord - Fog and Wind wip.
Old 27-09-2014, 01:09 AM   #2
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC
MC Status: 30760
Re: [Dub Techno] Monochord - Fog and Wind wip

Nice. Love the utter simplicity. The percussion does seem like you just picked it out of a basic sample pack, which works for the closed and open hihat, but the clap and kick could do with minor modifying perhaps, perhaps some brightening up, or subtle FX.

The filtery chords are nice. Maybe another chord could occasionally occur using that filtery synth. for a bit of variety? It is good how you modify how it filters though - it does not just do the same filter sweep pattern over and over. Love the bass.

I also love the extra little sfx/ear candy that occur very occasionally. Could do with 1 or 2 more of those here and there, different ones, so that you only hear each one once in the track.

Definitely do some subtle EQing to brighten up the percussion.

------------------
** UTTERLY FECKIN' BRILLIANT TUNE **
https://soundcloud.com/windfallen/kernow

coming soon on my label ....I wish
Yzarc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
EmTeX
Analog Chord Scientist
EmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MCEmTeX is a savage MC
Luzern

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikkiSho View Post
Nice. Love the utter simplicity. The percussion does seem like you just picked it out of a basic sample pack, which works for the closed and open hihat, but the clap and kick could do with minor modifying perhaps, perhaps some brightening up, or subtle FX.

The filtery chords are nice. Maybe another chord could occasionally occur using that filtery synth. for a bit of variety? It is good how you modify how it filters though - it does not just do the same filter sweep pattern over and over. Love the bass.

I also love the extra little sfx/ear candy that occur very occasionally. Could do with 1 or 2 more of those here and there, different ones, so that you only hear each one once in the track.

Definitely do some subtle EQing to brighten up the percussion.

thanks for the nice feedback.
yes all drums you hear are just placeholders. i just wanted to share the vocoded chordline :-)
the chord runs trough a vocoder wich is triggered by another chord with resonater on it.
that are those lil sfx you mentioned.
basically i just jamed this track in the session view of ableton.
don't know if i can post the final result because it will be released on a compilation. yess :-)

i surely will poste the link to the compilation in wich this track will be released..

------------------

Old 28-09-2014, 01:03 PM   #4
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC
MC Status: 30760

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmTeX View Post
thanks for the nice feedback.
yes all drums you hear are just placeholders. i just wanted to share the vocoded chordline :-)
the chord runs trough a vocoder wich is triggered by another chord with resonater on it.
that are those lil sfx you mentioned.
basically i just jamed this track in the session view of ableton.
don't know if i can post the final result because it will be released on a compilation. yess :-)

i surely will poste the link to the compilation in wich this track will be released..
so you're still working on it?
Congrats on getting it on a compilation.

------------------
** UTTERLY FECKIN' BRILLIANT TUNE **
https://soundcloud.com/windfallen/kernow

coming soon on my label ....I wish
Yzarc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #5
EmTeX
Analog Chord Scientist
Luzern

Thanks man.
It's almost finished jist some final tweaks. but im not allowed to post the final version. So i posted a very stripped down version. 😊

------------------

Old 30-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #6
gatefour
Sample Destroyer
gatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Very nice, feeling the simplicity and old school vibe. My mind is automatically thinking that if this was bounced onto tape this would really give off a vintage feel.

May I ask if you used a drum machine/hardware on this or not?

------------------
Gate Four

Soundcloud // Bandcamp // Luminance EP

gatefour is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #7
moogerfooger
Granular Poster
moogerfooger is a glorious beacon of lightmoogerfooger is a glorious beacon of lightmoogerfooger is a glorious beacon of lightmoogerfooger is a glorious beacon of lightmoogerfooger is a glorious beacon of light
Scotland
MC Status: 460

Nice dubby start
Feel like the kik is too high pitch, dunno tho. Bassline up a few cents will make it sound more harmonizing. Like it thought. peace.

Advertisements

moogerfooger is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote