[DnB/Minimal] Teeth
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 08-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
Slothman
Sample Destroyer
Slothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MC
Canberra
MC Status: 853451
[DnB/Minimal] Teeth

Let me know what you think, been trying to get the hang of DnB programming

Advertisements

------------------
Slothman is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [DnB/Minimal] Teeth.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
EatTheFood
IDMf Artist
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160
Re: [DnB/Minimal] Teeth

It's not bad in general. I don't really like the kind of minimal melody. But I'm not here judge that.
The only thing I could say is that you should maybe reduce that Kick Drum or Bass that comes at every kick.
Otherwise the mixing is good and in general has good sounds.

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8589930
Thanked 7,980 Times in 5,606 Posts

Tight man. Nice Tech Steppy joint : ) Not sure what kind of bass response this would get on a big system, but there is a massive bass presence...borders on a tad too much? Breakdown before the second drop is brilliant. What follows is certainly different. Not sure how I feel about the high pitched synth there. But that's personal taste.

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
beatwavedj
Radial Developer
beatwavedj will become famous soon enough
Athens
MC Status: 60

this is totally different than the regular DnB I listen to.Really great bass/sub and distorted sounds.The sound of the high pitched synth is almost alive.Well done.

------------------
beatwavedj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
Slothman
Sample Destroyer
Slothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MCSlothman is a savage MC
Canberra

Thanks for the feedback guys. I don't have access to a large system at home unfortunately
What can one do to get a better idea of how to mix the bass for larger systems?

------------------
Old 09-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
ishkabum
Master of the LFO
ishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MCishkabum is a savage MC
Virginia
MC Status: 1205510

Love the way the track starts... intro is very well done. Really love how it clears out and just the drums start. Extra percussion makes its way in about when I'd like, and it sounds nice. Not a huge fan of the acid synthy thing.. and in 2.10-15 i might add a hats pattern here. The zippy sound does indeed sound alive in the second half... Cool work, not all about that but it seems like it took a lot of work. Love the way the groany main bass pitches down low and gets scratchy, sounds nice. Kinda thrown by the very last couple beats, suppose that may be intentional, hope that would mix well tho. Cool track. As far as mixing for big systems, I think the key is to turn the sub up really loud. ... ... ... Honestly I have no idea.

------------------

http://soundcloud.com/caerus
ishkabum is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
Cheech
IDMf's latest spammer
Cheech is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Overall good work man, this track is hella creative and im digging the odd minimal sounds you throw in there, especially on the second drop. All i could say would be a little more technical with the drums (this is more of a personal opinion) and change up the way the drums come in (such as plain silence/fills etc.) every few measures (it'll bring out your melody+bass and it'll leave the ear searching for the bass drum kicks and all that)

As for mixing with the bass, i would recommend buying some in ear headphones or on ear that can handle low frequencies (like 15 hz+) and that will really help along with making sure something will sound well on a big system, i think the only real thing you can do about that is to make sure the master track (or every track if you really wanted) to have a brick wall limiter and make sure each individual track isn't riding into the red, although i sensed a big bass presence i think it would take maybe a little bit of tweaking for a big system so really that isnt too much of an issue

You definitely have potential man, this is radical
Cheech is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #8
Slothman
Sample Destroyer
Canberra

Thanks for the feedback guys, might go back and do a bit of work on this one. Good idea with adding fills etc Cheech, just got sick of programming drums I think DnB drum lines take me a while to get sounding nice.

None of the track is in the red, I'll try and fix up the mix/find some big speakers soon hopefully.

------------------
Old 13-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #9
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10379217

I really liked the first half and end. The bass riff nice with the saw waves over it. The track looses some momentum in its composition. And the very ending is weak. I think you should keep the thing going and experiment.

Advertisements

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote