['braindance'] boathemp - behind the disguise
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 10-02-2017, 03:52 AM   #1
soladb
Microknight
soladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to behold
Michigan
MC Status: 907
['braindance'] boathemp - behind the disguise

new track, feedback always appreciated.
hope you guys enjoy it!
not really sure on the genre tag on this one, but it seems to fit the stereotype, so whatever

Advertisements

------------------
soladb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - ['braindance'] boathemp - behind the disguise.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
Creepr
IDMf Artist
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7660
Re: ['braindance'] boathemp - behind the disguise

Typing as I listen...that kick/snare bit in the begining is really really loud and cutting. Maybe the drums together need some compression, or just some DB adjustments relative to each other. Not sure. The lazy synth pad that comes in is great. The use of the vague vocals is nice but the synths get repetitive after the first minute or so. the higher reverbed arp is also a tiny bit too forward in the mix to me, for example around 2:50ish. The squelchy acid sound coming in at 3:00 is really a highlight, I would maybe shorten the track up in the beginning and get to that part sooner. My 2c. Hope it gives you something to think about.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:17 PM   #3
Beid
Microknight
Beid is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

most important things to me are flow and groove, there is a lot of it here so I'd give it two thumbs up. I hate giving sound advice because my ears are all f'd up but, I thought the base drum could be either deeper or louder. I followed you on soundcloud. nice stuff.
Beid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:00 AM   #4
soladb
Microknight
soladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to behold
Michigan
MC Status: 907

thanks for the feedback friends.

i agree that the first bit probably isnt exactly what i want, i may make some adjustments later on. for now my goal is to finish up some other tracks otherwise im going to have too many projects on my plate.

------------------
soladb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 01:01 PM   #5
Vibe Origin
Analog Lurker
Vibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

I like the arpeggios they give a very pleasant feel. The acidic riff is pretty cool too. Maybe I would try to work out the melodies a bit. Find something catchy. Either way the track is good. Cheers!

Advertisements

Vibe Origin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote