Best way to sustain echo/delay - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 17-01-2017, 02:36 AM   #21
AnmolJ
Minor Glitch
AnmolJ will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Re: Best way to sustain echo/delay

Automate the feedback knob.

Advertisements

AnmolJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to AnmolJ
Parricide (23-01-2017)
Old 23-01-2017, 09:04 PM   #22
Parricide
sloppy cunt
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18032619

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnmolJ View Post
Automate the feedback knob.
i cant believe i have never tried that myself i imagine you can get some interesting results like that. it will take some time to get just right so it doesnt die out or loose control but it sounds fun.

im going to play with this concept later, thanks for the tip.

EDIT:

just had a little play with the idea using a simple delay with filters on the feedback path, no frills, and i got some nice sounds. i was able to throw the "upcoming" sound subtly into the feedback path and bring it in more and more as the sound progressed. i didnt get a chance to blend that properly with the second sound yet because i just wanted to play quickly, but it will be easily achievable when combined with other tricks and some layering and mixing.

Last edited by Parricide; 23-01-2017 at 09:53 PM..

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 04:59 PM   #23
FairyLand INC.
Microknight
FairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
compression and soft clipping can shape delay

This.... basically set up a compressor to smash the shit of your delay line by placing it after the delay.... automate the threshold and the makeup gain just before the last note of your phrase - this will bring up the tail of the delay..... also works amazingly on reverb, you get a thick tail without washing the sound out.... compressing the master reverb, the room the tune is built in, works wonders as well, again allowing you to use less decay on your reverb tail, giving a big sound without washing out the sound....
FairyLand INC. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 03:41 AM   #24
EggplantPurple
Minor Glitch
EggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to behold
Toronto/Tkaronto
MC Status: 860

Everything's been said. If you want some free VST suggestions for looping I've used AngstroLooper, Freezechamber, and ElotTronix. Wok Echo Freeze Chamber is another awesome plugin but not sure if it's still available. For free big delays I like Rubbadub, Tal Dub, and arcDev Dub Box.

Advertisements

EggplantPurple is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote