[Trance 135 bpm] Alan Hasan-Grow Wise
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 21-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Slomeed
Microknight
Slomeed is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
[Trance 135 bpm] Alan Hasan-Grow Wise

Hey, I finished this production today. A trancer at 135 bpm. I would like to hear what you all have to say!

Advertisements

Slomeed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Trance 135 bpm] Alan Hasan-Grow Wise.
Old 22-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
IllBaron
Minor Glitch
IllBaron will become famous soon enough
Los Angeles
MC Status: 50
Re: [Trance 135 bpm] Alan Hasan-Grow Wise

sounds amazing, great production, great transitions, the only thing i would say is that it sounds like a lot of stuff that has been done for a while now, which is not a bad thing, just sounds a little dated. It's very circular sounding and is a little too tame for my tastes, but the quality is excellent, and i would say youre a very talented person doing great work none the less! keep it up
IllBaron is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
alex95
Knob Twiddler
alex95 is a savage MCalex95 is a savage MCalex95 is a savage MCalex95 is a savage MCalex95 is a savage MCalex95 is a savage MCalex95 is a savage MCalex95 is a savage MCalex95 is a savage MCalex95 is a savage MCalex95 is a savage MC
MC Status: 1599523

I like it. Nice and chilling, not too heavy and some really nice hats. The only problem I'd say is the velocity of the kicks at the start. The kicks are far too heavy for the intro, it should be a lot more subtle. Nice track though
alex95 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
Dudewill
Master of the LFO
Dudewill will become famous soon enoughDudewill will become famous soon enough
The land of the drunk
MC Status: 110

Yeah this is good, I'd only address some problems with the mix though, it sounds like (in the beginning at least) that your kick has too much reverb or not enough high pass on the reverb itself.
Also I'd like to hear the whole track just a bit cleaner, you know, brighter, there seems to be a lot going on in the mids, which can cause it to be muddy. I don't have studio monitors though, so don't take these advices too seriously, it could just be my headphones.
Dudewill is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
Slomeed
Microknight
Slomeed is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudewill View Post
Yeah this is good, I'd only address some problems with the mix though, it sounds like (in the beginning at least) that your kick has too much reverb or not enough high pass on the reverb itself.
Also I'd like to hear the whole track just a bit cleaner, you know, brighter, there seems to be a lot going on in the mids, which can cause it to be muddy. I don't have studio monitors though, so don't take these advices too seriously, it could just be my headphones.
Do you think this can be sorted out with mastering?
Slomeed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 04:43 AM   #6
Winnaz
Granular Poster
Winnaz will become famous soon enoughWinnaz will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

I like the progression of this track, your pad chords (especially around the 2:00 - 2:30 area) are nice and you roll them in and out really tastefully. Hard to believe it's 135bpm as it has such a nice mellow rolling vibe to it.

One thing I'm having a bit of an issue with is that it sounds like it's been down-sampled. Not sure if it's your EQ-ing or the sample rates of your drum samples, but overall the mix sounds like its been saved at 22kHz. Also, you've got some really nice drops and builds, but dynamically they don't have much impact because you've compressed everything so much. Back off your compression loads - raise the threshold so that your drops are barely being touched - that way when it kicks back in you'll get some real dynamic impact. Only one other thing that comes to mind is the mid-bass/lead sound that you bring in at 1:26 - great sound, but comes across as a little mono-ish and a little dry, sort of gets sucked into the middle of the stereo image and doesn't shake hands with the really nice ambient and large stereo image sounds of your pads - maybe worth throwing a ping-pong delay on it to expand the stereo image of that track and make it bond more with the rest of the instruments.

Great work though, I look forward to hearing more from you.

#Vive la trance#
Winnaz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #7
arpeggio_junkie
Soundscaper
arpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of light
San Diego, California
MC Status: 510

Great pads! Thanks for adding a melody! Nice transition at 4:09.

Advertisements

arpeggio_junkie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote