[Electronic] starphase - Vapor Thirst
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 14-06-2018, 03:29 PM   #1
starphase
Minor Glitch
starphase has a spectacular aura aboutstarphase has a spectacular aura about
Palo, Leyte
MC Status: 160
[Electronic] starphase - Vapor Thirst

My first time sharing music here in the listening booth. I'm still rusty when it comes to mixing and mastering, so constructive criticism is welcome.

Advertisements

starphase is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electronic] starphase - Vapor Thirst.
Old 19-06-2018, 06:05 AM   #2
Lorenzo
Granular Poster
Lorenzo is a jewel in the roughLorenzo is a jewel in the roughLorenzo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
Re: [Electronic] starphase - Vapor Thirst

I really like main synth (on the highest octave) and drums, but all other sounds (chords, rhythmic synths) are quite dry, they lack of fullness. I've noticed at 2:40 you started using some stereo imaging/volume/I don't know what automations on the lead, it's like if it disappears and then returns, here you should use a filter, otherwise doing that at the end of the track to fade out.
If this is one of your first tracks, you've done a great work, you have a lot of time to develop your skills.

------------------
If you don't know what to do, there's actually a chance of doing something new

Lorenzo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2018, 08:42 PM   #3
PPNDP
Soundwave Mangler
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760

Hi!
Welcome! It's always this first time! What daw do you use for producing? Ableton has a lot of presets helping with mixing and mastering (I am also a beginner so I am using them).
I think generally you could vary this bassline (since it's tap,tap, tap all the time). Generally I like the atmosphere, the chords you use, and it is well arranged.
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 12:32 PM   #4
Cardinal
Granular Poster
Cardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to allCardinal is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Love the mood and melody, sounds like it could fit a dystopian film/game, like this (can't post links since I'm new but I'm talking about Shadowrun Dragonfall's theme song)

I agree with PPNDP though, the bassline gets a bit stale and needs some variation, I do notice the change to the notes at 1:50. You could maybe play around with using a different instrument for that bassline during that breakdown, and bring it back up when the drums come in at 2:30.

Or maybe use some sort of automation..but the idea is to have a break from the constant bassline. But that's me, I like Chillstep and changing the mood of the song throughout

Advertisements

Cardinal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote