[Techno] we sell boxes - Grief Vultures
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 13-04-2018, 10:20 AM   #1
FTD
IDMf Artist
FTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MC
MC Status: 3464855
[Techno] we sell boxes - Grief Vultures

Not sure if it's a trend or not but in my limited view of things I've noticed techno getting a bit faster at the moment. Both the tempo DJs are playing at and some of the tracks that I'm hearing on Soundcloud. In fact, being blown away by couple of 140bpm stompers was the inspiration for this. This isn't quite 140bpm and doesn't have the same intensity as the tracks that inspired it, but I think there's something there in it's own right. If anything, I really like the cover and glad how that's came out.

Advertisements

------------------
FTD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Techno] we sell boxes - Grief Vultures.
Old 14-04-2018, 12:33 AM   #2
wipeout
Soundscaper
wipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MC
San Francisco, CA
MC Status: 2024197
Re: [Techno] we sell boxes - Grief Vultures

I feel like you can create a bit more tension by using reverb that goes from dry to very wet on the offbeat white noise sound to preface for some of the transitions. (@3:14 for example)
wipeout is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 06:17 AM   #3
beigeboxgone
Granular Poster
beigeboxgone has much to be proud ofbeigeboxgone has much to be proud ofbeigeboxgone has much to be proud ofbeigeboxgone has much to be proud ofbeigeboxgone has much to be proud ofbeigeboxgone has much to be proud ofbeigeboxgone has much to be proud ofbeigeboxgone has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1060

Nice work, good variation in the structure, plenty of interest in there arrangement wise and sound design. Those occasional subtle atmospheres are great. This is dance floor ready in my opinion. Dark / deep dancing. (If I had to force a critique) If it was me I might of added like a wwwwom filter swept synth on that last transition or something to add a touch to the hit, but may not be needed. Maybe some extra distortion on one or two of the elements on the final push. More of an experiment. I like where it is at though, good work.
beigeboxgone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 11:07 AM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 217360
Thanked 4,347 Times in 3,225 Posts

Yet another winner form the WSB stable..nice work, mate.

I get the other comments already made..and while valid, I'd take em as merely cosmetic, as technically, this stands on it's own legs and really is a cool little techno ditty..basically I wouldn't change anything..or add anything either. I think it's fine as it is.

As beigeboxgone rightly stated, this is dance floor ready.

Thanks for the DL, too..much appreciated.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 06:49 PM   #5
OrphicChronicle
Regular Freak
OrphicChronicle will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Great work man, the atmosphere makes me want to zone out in the blackness of a dingy club well done, textually this is very strong. =]
OrphicChronicle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:06 PM   #6
FTD
IDMf Artist
FTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MC
MC Status: 3464855

Thank you all very much and thanks for the feedback. AM, yes it's highly unlikely at this stage I'm going to go back and change a riser here or there but at the same time I welcome all comments to take onto the next one. One day I might also try a remix but I never have a enough production hours in the day as it is but you never know.

------------------
FTD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:49 PM   #7
samv
Regular Freak
samv is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I do like the intensity Nice kick and bass and low-end in general. Nothing really to say, except for maybe some clarity missing in the high-end.

Good track, club ready

Advertisements

samv is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote