[Drone/Ambient/Minimalist] Just a short drone soundtrack
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 13-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Trebesch
Trebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MC
Isle of Skye
MC Status: 8598981
[Drone/Ambient/Minimalist] Just a short drone soundtrack

Just a short drone track i wrote while watching some footage of a desert. Tell me what you think, thanks

Here's the video I wrote it for.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

Trebesch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Drone/Ambient/Minimalist] Just a short drone soundtrack.
Old 13-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Johnson Academy
IDMf Supporter
Johnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MC
Streets of Lojo
MC Status: 13798770
Re: [Drone/Ambient/Minimalist] Just a short drone soundtrack

Personally I enjoy these sort of songs! It sounded really good, suitable for a hard, dry, badass desert How did you make the sounds?

Edit: After listening to your sig track I can clearly see you are aiming for making stuff to movies. You really know your stuff!

------------------
Top influencers: 1. Mohombi 2. Safri Duo 3. Pitbull (Timber only)
PM ME YOURS

Johnson Academy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
Trebesch
Trebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MC
Isle of Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson Academy View Post
Personally I enjoy these sort of songs! It sounded really good, suitable for a hard, dry, badass desert How did you make the sounds?

Edit: After listening to your sig track I can clearly see you are aiming for making stuff to movies. You really know your stuff!
Thanks, man. It's mostly pads as you'd expect for this kind of track. There's four oscillators in total for the constant droning sound throughout, the feedback notes are a heavily processed cello patch. and the slightly percussive sound you hear every now and then is just another oscillator passed through a comb filter and with some stereo delay. I think that's all there is to it

And thanks for listening to the track in my signature as well
Old 13-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

i could listen to this for hours. nicely done

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Trebesch
Isle of Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpuercofeo View Post
i could listen to this for hours. nicely done
Thanks a lot

Glad to know this kind of thing is popular, I intend on doing another and introducing some new elements, perhaps some percussion and guitar.
Old 14-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
Johnson Academy
IDMf Supporter
Johnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MC
Streets of Lojo
MC Status: 13798770

I'm a secret fan of Hans Zimmer and Biran Eno. Just listen to The Ending by Brian Eno it makes my cock so hard it almost hurts. Btw what Vsts did you use to make the droning sound? FM8? Or was it even FM-synth?

------------------
Top influencers: 1. Mohombi 2. Safri Duo 3. Pitbull (Timber only)
PM ME YOURS

Johnson Academy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
Trebesch
Isle of Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson Academy View Post
I'm a secret fan of Hans Zimmer and Biran Eno. Just listen to The Ending by Brian Eno it makes my cock so hard it almost hurts. Btw what Vsts did you use to make the droning sound? FM8? Or was it even FM-synth?
I'd really like to get into doing scores, even for little things like Youtube videos, but it's just so hard to get recognition, especially with all those big names out there like you just mentioned.

The droning sound was made entirely with the built in VSTs with Cubase, The drone itself is Embracer with the second oscillator detuned 12 semitones lower. A second Embracer has a very wide sound with a slow attack used for the higher octaves. I used a single note with Vanguard at one point with 3 sawtooth oscillators to accent it.

I've never actually used FM8, but just looked at some videos of it and will definitely be trying it out
Old 15-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #8
JonOfDaShred
Minor Glitch
JonOfDaShred is a savage MCJonOfDaShred is a savage MCJonOfDaShred is a savage MCJonOfDaShred is a savage MCJonOfDaShred is a savage MCJonOfDaShred is a savage MCJonOfDaShred is a savage MCJonOfDaShred is a savage MCJonOfDaShred is a savage MCJonOfDaShred is a savage MCJonOfDaShred is a savage MC
MC Status: 15736

This would be great for a dramatic documentary background, like wartime footage.

Alternatively, it would be hilarious to put this behind a cheesy moment in a TV sitcom, something otherwise cheerful with this in the background would be pretty funny.

Advertisements

JonOfDaShred is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote