Multiple external audio effects in Ableton live
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:47 PM   #1
Sons of Achab
IDMf Artist
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 4560
Multiple external audio effects in Ableton live

I'm currently working on a setup based on Ableton Live to change my way of composing music, to have a more "live recording" feel. But I'm stuck with this problem:

I want to be able to use my kaoss pad on any of my Live's track, to do so I put an "external audio effect" on each track, sending audio to my 3/4 output and audio from 7/8. I use pads in toggle mode to switch the external audio effects on/off. Everything works fine, I can record each track with the wet signal like I want to. But if I switch two or more external audio effects on at the same time, the volume on each track with the effect on increase...

I hope I'm clear... If anyone have suggestions, it would be really appreciated, cuz I don't want to buy 8 KP3+...

Advertisements

------------------

------------
Soma
Sons of Achab is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 06:41 PM   #2
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1541827
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,323 Posts
Re: Multiple external audio effects in Ableton live

the input gain is going to increase with each track you send to it, no two ways about it.

think about that external audio effects bus as a master out, if you route 16 channels to the master you're going to have to adjust the output gain accordingly.

a different kaoss pad isnt going to fix anything im afraid :edit: sorry i mis-read what you said about multiple kaoss pads, but in order to do what you are proposing you're going to likely need more than one.

Last edited by chasedobson; 03-05-2016 at 07:02 PM..

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:01 PM   #3
Sons of Achab
IDMf Artist
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 4560
Re: Multiple external audio effects in Ableton live

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
think about that external audio effects bus as a master out, if you route 16 channels to the master you're going to have to adjust the output gain accordingly.
Yes of course but the problem here was that the volume increased even if nothing was playing on one of the track I sent to the KP3+.

But I figured it out, it was really simple... Since the KP3+ just have one stereo output, I can't just record the wet signal of one of the two tracks I'm sending to it... I was recording the output on each track a I had the external device on, that's why the wolume increased...

I don't want to send the KP3+ to the master bus, because I want to record the wet sinal of each track, so yeah, I have to buy more koass pads...

Advertisements

------------------

------------
Soma
Sons of Achab is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote