problems with ableton?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:44 AM   #1
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 20860
problems with ableton?

so I was working the other day and I was moving along fine, and I take a break for a little while and go eat, so I come back and turn my pc back on and ableton starts but has erased all of the library's completely...I have suite and analog and operator aren't showing up, even my midi controllers have stopped working and it's weird...anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? I would really like to get back on track...

Advertisements

------------------
My Website:https://flootaboot.wordpress.com/

(all of my music is linked on my website)
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:48 AM   #2
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6906609
Thanked 3,549 Times in 2,148 Posts
Re: problems with ableton?

Check your Preferences.

In particular, look at the Library tab and verify that the paths for 'Installation Folder for Packs', 'Location of Live 8 Library' (if set) and 'Location of User Library' are all set to existing locations.

If they're not, either find the correct paths and set, or reinstall the library (no biggie).

With regard to MIDI controllers, well go to the MIDI Sync tab and do the same. Verify that all of your control surfaces are selected and their inputs and output are assigned. Then verify that all of your MIDI ports are visible for your devices and Track, Sync and Remote are set to your specs.

And if you don't see your devices here, then check your system to ensure that the devices are being recognised by your OS... etc.

Beyond that, log a support ticket with Ableton
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:55 PM   #3
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7239129

Library installed on a different hard-drive than the rest of stuff?

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:14 PM   #4
Johnson Academy
IDMf Supporter
Johnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MCJohnson Academy is a savage MC
Streets of Lojo
MC Status: 13798820

If you, for some reason, have 2 instances of Ableton running at the same time, it doesn't show any instruments or VSTs in the folders sometimes. Quit Ableton, and make sure you don't have any Ableton processes running.

------------------
Top influencers: 1. Mohombi 2. Safri Duo 3. Pitbull (Timber only)
PM ME YOURS

Johnson Academy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #5
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 20860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson Academy View Post
If you, for some reason, have 2 instances of Ableton running at the same time, it doesn't show any instruments or VSTs in the folders sometimes. Quit Ableton, and make sure you don't have any Ableton processes running.
oh my god thank you so much, this worked!

------------------
My Website:https://flootaboot.wordpress.com/

(all of my music is linked on my website)
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:18 AM   #6
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6906609
Thanked 3,549 Times in 2,148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson Academy View Post
It's hilarious that an OS would even let you do this.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:16 AM   #7
Benwaa

It's a rewire thing. The option exists in live to "allow multiple instances" of it or not, so it can be prevented from happening easily enough in lives options

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote