What is industrial? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Industrial / EBM / Power Electronics Discussion of music similar to Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Throbbing Gristle.

Old 22-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #61
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 249551787
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts
Re: What is industrial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthavok View Post
on the flip-side, how often do you see people randomly striking up conversations on the bus or something like that
In fact this is exactly how I met my current love interest, no digital-intervention involved.

It was funny because we totally made the crackhead who was between us feel uncomfortable as shit, and when he left I scooted over and started chatting.

Last edited by PROton42; 22-10-2012 at 08:22 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #62
cyclops
One Eyed Cunt
cyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MC
ottawa
MC Status: 255291227
Thanked 1,252 Times in 852 Posts

^d'awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

that's awesome.

------------------
cyclops is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #63
Gotthavok
Soundwave Mangler
Gotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MC
Edmonton
MC Status: 526855

hah nice, props bro!
Gotthavok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #64
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC

Hah, wow thanks for the kind responses on that guys! It's pretty much the strangest kind of "with the breeze" relationship where no plans are ever made yet we always end up running into each other and going on dates and having a good time. @_@

As for how this pertains in the industrial conversation you guys were having earlier, ah- well I, er...

Hi.

I like music it is the best.

Last edited by PROton42; 23-10-2012 at 07:27 AM..

------------------
Old 23-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #65
cyclops
One Eyed Cunt
cyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MC
ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broton42 View Post

As for how this pertains in the industrial conversation you guys were having earlier, ah- well I, er...

Hi.

I like music it is the best.
i'm just gonna go ahead and pretend that you were only on the bus to do field recordings for your next ambient/noise/drone project titled BangBus.

------------------
Old 23-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #66
PROton42
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
i'm just gonna go ahead and pretend that you were only on the bus to do field recordings for your next ambient/noise/drone project titled BangBus.
Nah, I was on my way to get some ganja though and that's pretty industrial.

------------------
Old 23-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #67
cyclops
One Eyed Cunt
ottawa

i just gonna go ahead and pretend that you said i was absolutely right, because to do otherwise would be foolish and could quite possibly bring about the end of my world as i know it.

------------------
Old 24-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #68
mrhaus
Minor Glitch
mrhaus will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Dont know why but industrial is the one genre i cant stand... somehitng about it just makes me annoyed as hell... :O
mrhaus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #69
S1X
Minor Glitch
S1X is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhaus View Post
Dont know why but industrial is the one genre i cant stand... somehitng about it just makes me annoyed as hell... :O

then why did you bother to post in this forum?
S1X is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #70
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
FL
MC Status: 91357273

[quote=Gotthavok;980263]i'm more inclined to see a class war in any future scenario

Quote:
on the flip-side, how often do you see people randomly striking up conversations on the bus or something like that? all that connection digitally, and we're connecting less and less face to face on a human level
Personally I blame that almost entirely on cellular telephone technology.. Thinking of how often you'll be in a room full of people & there's always someone texting someone that isn't in the room.. People gained the ability to be reached 24 hours a day, and be expected to answer. Or at least, find someone that is willing to hear what they say at any hour.. Weird thing, that..

jon von skream also pointed out to me, modern multiplayer video games have been turning a lot of people into reclusive types.. Like when a new game comes out, such as Skyrim or the new call of battlefield: modern duty game, a number of your friends will like disappear for weeks or months..

Quote:
i was generalizing, but some specific examples of products i can think of would be something like DDT infused pesticides, without gov't intervention our ecosystem would be very different than it is today and no telling what the impact would have been on us. another would be asbestos in building code. without intervention there we'd all be living in houses that caused cancer.
Yeah that's a tricky one. I've had to work with asbestos before in the construction industry.. there's been a class action lawsuit in the works, that might've won I'm not sure, against the manufacturers of asbestos from the millions of workers that got respiratory illnesses from working with it back during WW2. But, it wasn't until like the last few years that it was required that you wear a mask & protective stuff, not far from a hazmat suit, when tearing apart old houses..

it takes time for things like that to become apparent, people in construction just want the house done.. as quickly as possible. In my experience they aren't usually concerned with worker safety, or how toxic the materials are. There's a lot more toxic chemicals you get exposed to that it's just taking a while for the negative health effects to be fully documented. And then there's an occasional [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
by shady businessmen...

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 03:34 AM   #71
Gotthavok
Soundwave Mangler
Gotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MC
Edmonton
MC Status: 526855

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscion View Post

Personally I blame that almost entirely on cellular telephone technology.. Thinking of how often you'll be in a room full of people & there's always someone texting someone that isn't in the room.. People gained the ability to be reached 24 hours a day, and be expected to answer. Or at least, find someone that is willing to hear what they say at any hour.. Weird thing, that..

jon von skream also pointed out to me, modern multiplayer video games have been turning a lot of people into reclusive types.. Like when a new game comes out, such as Skyrim or the new call of battlefield: modern duty game, a number of your friends will like disappear for weeks or months..
but isnt all this just an extension of the internet?

Advertisements

Gotthavok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote