TLs Maximizer (good old freeware)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 13-08-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
astroidmist
Banned
astroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MC
3 floors above you
MC Status: 13248268
Icon4 TLs Maximizer (good old freeware)

It can be a bit difficult to find this VST plugin effect, but I think I found the original link:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

It's for the TLs Maximzer which is a really good master limiter with built-in EQ. Just so you know, if you turn off the "auto" function, it still works just fine and the CPU use goes WAY DOWN. I'm not even sure what the "auto" thing does; it's not necessary at all.

Anyhow, I hope you like this plugin if you don't have it already. For those of us who don't send our tunes to a mastering engineer and don't plan to, this plugin is a very powerful tool to have around.

Please share this link with others.

Advertisements

astroidmist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #2
BabyDubz
Analog Lurker
BabyDubz is currently spamming hard
Athens, GA
MC Status: 23
Re: TLs Maximizer (good old freeware)

What are all the other VSTs included with that link?? or should I just download them all and see for myself? haha

------------------

Chase & Status - TIme (Baby Dubz Remix)
BabyDubz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45948131
Thanked 5,799 Times in 3,642 Posts

Thanks for the link. Have you tried LoudMax? Another freebie but goodie. I've also heard about the W1, seems to be popular among master limiters but never tried it.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #4
astroidmist
Banned
astroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MCastroidmist is a savage MC
3 floors above you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyDubz View Post
What are all the other VSTs included with that link?? or should I just download them all and see for myself? haha
I don't think I've tried any of the other plugins. But I use TLs Maximizer on almost every single project.
Old 14-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #5
autodial
autodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MC
Philadelphia
MC Status: 5916890

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroidmist View Post
It can be a bit difficult to find this VST plugin effect, but I think I found the original link:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

It's for the TLs Maximzer which is a really good master limiter with built-in EQ. Just so you know, if you turn off the "auto" function, it still works just fine and the CPU use goes WAY DOWN. I'm not even sure what the "auto" thing does; it's not necessary at all.

Anyhow, I hope you like this plugin if you don't have it already. For those of us who don't send our tunes to a mastering engineer and don't plan to, this plugin is a very powerful tool to have around.

Please share this link with others.
Thanks buddy!!!

I actually already have this plugin but I actually never use it - ever. I gave it a simple test run a few times and after not being immediately impressed, I completely abandoned it. Maybe if I spent more time learning it, it can become quite as useful as you say it is.

I suck ass when it comes to shit like this.

EDIT: Not only do I know trivial crap about compression in general, but "master limiters" is something unknown to me really; and so, that is likely why I found it to be quite useless in my own productions. Knowing me, I was probably trying to utilize it as a master multiband compressor with a lot of gain features to make my tracks sound ~*~*~kewl~*~*~*

Last edited by autodial; 20-09-2011 at 07:45 AM..
autodial is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
astroidmist
Banned
3 floors above you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
Thanks for the link. Have you tried LoudMax? Another freebie but goodie. I've also heard about the W1, seems to be popular among master limiters but never tried it.
W1 is OK. I haven't used it on the master channel, but I've used it on tracks at times. It doesn't give much control but it's OK in some instances.
Old 19-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #7
jtizzle
Granular Poster
jtizzle has a spectacular aura aboutjtizzle has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 192

Does anyone know where I can find the old TLs_Maximizer? The one without eq and just the brightness slider?
jtizzle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #8
autodial
autodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MCautodial is a savage MC
Philadelphia
MC Status: 5916890

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtizzle View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the old TLs_Maximizer? The one without eq and just the brightness slider?
I have version 1.1 and when I load it, it has a "slider" on it. I'm assuming this is what you're referring to? Check your plugin's version. If I have the one you need, I can upload it for you.
autodial is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 08:57 AM   #9
astroidmist
Banned
3 floors above you

JTizzle is talking about the one that looks like this:

I can find pictures of it on google, but not the actual plugin. By the way, I've not used LoudMax either.
Old 20-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #10
MoonDragon
Learning The Ropes
MoonDragon is currently spamming hard
Borneo (for real!)
MC Status: 10

wow, I used this thing years ago! it's really good! nice to see more people discoverin'it

Advertisements

MoonDragon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote