Cubase e-license issues??
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 18-06-2016, 08:03 AM   #1
flymo88
Regular Freak
flymo88 will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Cubase e-license issues??

I've recently purchased cubase, since setting it up I've had about 10 mins use out of it due to errors and the program crashing. I'm running it on a Mac so this can't be right surely!
Have spoke to steinberg and they said running duet will cause the e licenser to not be recognised by the Mac but I'm not even running duet. If anyone else is having or has had problems. Would be good to hear about them and how you overcame this or else I'm gonna have to send cubase back and rethink what program to use.

Advertisements

flymo88 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
Somn
Minor Glitch
Somn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to all
Stockholm
MC Status: 610
Re: Cubase elicense issues??

Do you have a physical E-licenser key – the USB dongle that stores your license?

I remember the guy in my local store telling me I wouldn't need one, when I first started out. I spent three days trying to get my software to work and being confused by instructions until I realised he didn't know what he was talking about.
Somn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2016, 01:31 PM   #3
flymo88
Regular Freak

Yeah I have the USB dongle and have activated the code I got with the cubase package which I assume has gone into the dongle.
It's weird as everything worked fine the first time but now it's intermittent, causing cubase to crash a lot of the time with error messages like "connection to protection device lost"
Haven't been able to use it properly since I bought the product lol

Aghhhh no way, well at least you got it sorted I'm dealing with steinberg atm and I feel the same way you felt about matey in the shop 😬
Old 18-06-2016, 01:37 PM   #4
Somn
Minor Glitch
Somn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to allSomn is a name known to all
Stockholm

Are you using it in a USB hub or straight into the computer? USB hubs can sometimes be a problem.

Cubase is not the most stable program there is, but I would try to make sure you have the latest update from the website, and if it still doesn't run correctly, I would uninstall and install again. The license should still be valid and stored on your key even if you get rid of the softwares on your computer.
Old 18-06-2016, 03:25 PM   #5
flymo88
Regular Freak

I'm running it straight into the computer, will unistall cubase and reinstall just to make sure that's not the problem. Yeah I am slowly figuring that out lol thought it would at least be crash free for 5 mins.

Will let you know how I get on 🤗
Old 18-06-2016, 06:52 PM   #6
Somn
Minor Glitch
Stockholm

Good luck! It has its issues but is amazingly powerful once you get it up and running and optimized for your studio!
Old 25-06-2016, 04:47 PM   #7
timekraftcanvas
Regular Freak
timekraftcanvas will become famous soon enough
Re: Cubase e-license issues??

A dongle is always needed.
timekraftcanvas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:53 AM   #8
flymo88
Regular Freak

Yeah I was always using a dongle buddy.
It's all sorted now, steinberg sent me a couple links and I had to download the latest version of cubase(8.5.2)and downloaded the latest elicenser update and all seems to be working fine... Touch wood.
I bought the profession box version, don't think I should have had any problems but just goes to show that you never know what your buying.

Now the learning begins
Old 02-07-2016, 10:54 AM   #9
Somn
Minor Glitch
Stockholm

Enjoy it! I still swear by Cubase for 90 % of my studio work.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:58 AM   #10
flymo88
Regular Freak

That's good to know, if I get any other issues or just find my self at a brick wall with it I'll be in contact with you thank you
Old 12-07-2016, 07:39 PM   #11
flymo88
Regular Freak

well that lasted long.... problem has come back after about 20mins on it.
Have requested a new e licenser as they have told me to download more stuff only to find that hasn't worked lol lets hope they send me a new one.

Advertisements