post your notes - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements


The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #41
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
Thomas's Avatar
South Central Sealand
Posts: 6,959
MC Status: 101163741
Thanks: 291
Thanked 1,419 Times in 1,047 Posts
Re: post your notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
this is your own personal theory, right ?
I like the word discovery, above that. But I can also settle with theory, because that's the best we got next to hypothesis. Also, you want to be a scientist within psychology or something right? Then I would advice to go for the argument instead of the man, or switch to politics

Advertisements


------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 08:48 AM   #42
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
Lug's Avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 7,386
MC Status: 80997030
Thanks: 5,237
Thanked 4,136 Times in 2,684 Posts
Re: post your notes

I asked this question because I was going to come back with sources and actual facts to counter your argument, but I felt it would be useless if you just "had this idea and decided it would be a fact"
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 08:50 AM   #43
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
Thomas's Avatar
South Central Sealand
Posts: 6,959
MC Status: 101163741
Thanks: 291
Thanked 1,419 Times in 1,047 Posts
Re: post your notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
I asked this question because I was going to come back with sources and actual facts to counter your argument, but I felt it would be useless if you just "had this idea and decided it would be a fact"
Then make a thread about it, you're in the wrong hood. And trust me when I say that I'm tired of trying to show you forests when all you can ever see is trees.

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #44
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
lolirl's Avatar
Posts: 14,239
MC Status: 744043891
Thanks: 11,108
Thanked 7,529 Times in 4,657 Posts
Re: post your notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I believe Shame is a key instigator for the personality traits that manifest in rapists. Take pedophilia for instance, this is a very commonly shamed relationship that often creates violent reaction - a pedophile can not wake up one day and change who they are, it is far too deep a psychological trait. Shaming forces that person to essentially pretend to be something they aren't - because society will never accept the fact of consensual pedophile relationships.

Pretending to be something you aren't your entire life - believing things that aren't true about yourself - encourages you to believe other things that aren't true about yourself, especially when the serial shamer will stereotype you the moment the knowledge of your nature becomes apparent.

P.S. SORRY FOR HIJACKING THIS THREAD <3
Someone please post more notes!
My post was kind of flippant tbh but ok let's have a look at this.

Isn't shame just an extension of embarrassment?
It comes with living in a society with rules.
It's usually important that you understand the rules the society lives by to be successful within it and usually if you don't you get institutionalised either by prison or hospitalisation.
You don't have to actually be shamed to feel shame though.
A toddler can feel shame for shitting his pants before mum actually finds out, often it's how she finds out.
Blushing is the signaller to others that we know we've behaved inappropriately and is unique to humans. (or at least has not been observed in other apes)
I have no information about whether sex offenders blush or not or if they even feel remorse at all tbh.
I can agree that some people are born with desires not accepted by society, but I'm not going to go further and say that acting upon those should not be accompanied by shame or institutionalisation.
Perhaps some people are also born to be murderers?
But now we're getting into even murkier water about whether a chemical imbalance in an individual should be seen as a unique snowflake or crushed by society.
We're at the chicken and egg point.
It sounds like you're saying that rapists' behaviour stems from societal norms making them feel uncomfortable within themselves for having their natural (to them) desires which manifests itself in their behaviour. I'm saying that rapists have always existed against the wishes of the majority and society has dealt with it by shaming them and legislating to reinforce that.
You were probably right in the first place, to some degree we live in a culture of shame.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #45
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
Thomas's Avatar
South Central Sealand
Posts: 6,959
MC Status: 101163741
Thanks: 291
Thanked 1,419 Times in 1,047 Posts
Re: post your notes

Here's some more notes btw.. A short piece I wrote for bassoon and piano..

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
People who knows how to write traditional notes, will prolly cringe at the way I wrote this, but hey, ask me if I give a flying gahoo

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Thomas
Muse-ic (19-02-2014)
Old 19-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #46
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
lolirl's Avatar
Posts: 14,239
MC Status: 744043891
Thanks: 11,108
Thanked 7,529 Times in 4,657 Posts
Re: post your notes

Fucking hell.
You'll have to give me a sec man.
But I disagree with your first statement right off the bat tbh.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #47
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
PROton42's Avatar
Posts: 10,277
MC Status: 34650
Thanks: 7,928
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts
Re: post your notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Fucking hell.
You'll have to give me a sec man.
But I disagree with your first statement right off the bat tbh.
Oi, respond in PM please if you pick it apart! (It's already clunky and will only get bigger)

If you don't believe shame is something outside of yourself - you won't like my writing. :I

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #48
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
lolirl's Avatar
Posts: 14,239
MC Status: 744043891
Thanks: 11,108
Thanked 7,529 Times in 4,657 Posts
Re: post your notes

Shame isn't how we enforce the law.
Prison or asylum is how we do that.

Is this going to all just come down to some subjective bs about whether or not our society is built the way you think it should be?
Because if so I'll probably just get out now.
I guess that's what I get for questioning someone's personal notes.
(and what you get for posting them)
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #49
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
PROton42's Avatar
Posts: 10,277
MC Status: 34650
Thanks: 7,928
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts
Re: post your notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Shame isn't how we enforce the law.
Prison or asylum is how we do that.

Is this going to all just come down to some subjective bs about whether or not our society is built the way you think it should be?
Because if so I'll probably just get out now.
I guess that's what I get for questioning someone's personal notes.
(and what you get for posting them)
I'm not anti-government, anti-law, or utopian. I am anti-shame.
So no, this has nothing to do with how I believe society should be run. I am simply giving examples of shame culture in society based on my observations.

I'm also not trying to be antagonistic (just very dedicated)... If it's being read that way then yes definitely please get out now X3 lol

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to PROton42
Muse-ic (19-02-2014)
Old 19-02-2014, 06:03 PM   #50
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
lolirl's Avatar
Posts: 14,239
MC Status: 744043891
Thanks: 11,108
Thanked 7,529 Times in 4,657 Posts
Re: post your notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
Homosexuality for instance?
Saw that coming a mile off tbh, must try harder.
Also, it's probably not the best idea to align gays with peadophiles and rapists as most forward thinking is trying to do the opposite and condemn Russia's recent misgivings.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #51
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
PROton42's Avatar
Posts: 10,277
MC Status: 34650
Thanks: 7,928
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts
Re: post your notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Saw that coming a mile off tbh, must try harder.
Okay, yeah. When you plan on properly picking apart what I've written here and coming up with detailed responses, helping me understand your point of view - then send me a PM and I'll respond. Not here. Not anymore.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #52
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
lolirl's Avatar
Posts: 14,239
MC Status: 744043891
Thanks: 11,108
Thanked 7,529 Times in 4,657 Posts
Re: post your notes

I'm shaming you now, is that what you're saying?
How very clever.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #53
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
relic's Avatar
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
Posts: 17,888
MC Status: 8567130
Thanks: 11,374
Thanked 7,524 Times in 5,312 Posts
Re: post your notes

I can't be bothered to take a picture of it, but I scribble notes on the backs of old student essays as we are forced to keep portfolios of their work for 12 months after the course has ended. Which means I have crates of this junk (fire hazard much???) in my studio...because...you guessed it...the university doesn't provide us storage space.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #54
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
Muse-ic's Avatar
Posts: 5,703
MC Status: 6963183
Thanks: 6,186
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts
Re: post your notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Here's some more notes btw.. A short piece I wrote for bassoon and piano..


People who knows how to write traditional notes, will prolly cringe at the way I wrote this, but hey, ask me if I give a flying gahoo
*cringe*

But just as a pianist.

Advertisements

Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ghost Notes Winewolf Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques 12 07-05-2013 09:50 PM
Rotten notes bassling Listening Booth 0 30-04-2012 10:00 PM
[Post-Dubste?] Ghost Notes .bienoise Listening Booth 11 26-02-2012 09:36 PM
Why does Ableton Live notes sound different than FL notes? hipsonnyboy1 Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques 6 24-12-2011 12:30 AM
What Notes is this Pad? hipsonnyboy1 Music Theory & Composition 1 28-09-2011 08:12 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Electronic Music Forums

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.