[Dance] Neurosatz - Sample (Test#???)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 17-08-2015, 04:58 AM   #1
Neurosatz
Granular Poster
Neurosatz has a spectacular aura aboutNeurosatz has a spectacular aura about
Pennsylvania
MC Status: 160
[Dance] Neurosatz - Sample (Test#???)

Looking for some feedback on mixing, EQ, etc. on a track I'm working on.

Advertisements

------------------
Neurosatz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dance] Neurosatz - Sample (Test#???).
Old 17-08-2015, 12:56 PM   #2
Louhike
Regular Freak
Louhike is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: [Dance] Neurosatz - Sample (Test#???)

I listen to it 2 times and I can't hear a bass, even when I turn up. It sounds like there is only one or two synths playing the arpeggio and a kick. Therefore, it lacks some punch when the kick accelerates. I do not think you should care so much about the mixing right now, but you should work on the composition. Add maybe some instruments (like a bass) and put some variations in the melodies. Keep us updated with your progress !
Louhike is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
GabrielRamos
Microknight
GabrielRamos is a jewel in the roughGabrielRamos is a jewel in the roughGabrielRamos is a jewel in the roughGabrielRamos is a jewel in the rough
UK, Bournemouth
MC Status: 310

That synth had an OK distortion but the kick was too small which I didn't think worked to introduce it well. Everything was was too quiet and flat You need to add some effects to the track because it sounds really weird at the moment. Good effort though

------------------
- - - - Soundcloud - - - -

Unregistered should definitely check this track out and press [ ♥ ] & [ ↻ ] on Soundcloud
GabrielRamos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2015, 02:19 AM   #4
YoSoyPincho
Microknight
YoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud ofYoSoyPincho has much to be proud of
Medellin
MC Status: 1060

I think you did a pretty good job melting the distorted chords at the beginning with the melody on top, but i agree with both comments down below, it lacks a bass underneath, and i'd suggest to add a sidechain compression to allow the kick breathe a little bit more among the other synths, and maybe trying to EQ the kick drum on its lower frequencies to get that thump feeling, or trying a more prominent kick

Overall it's an interesting concept you have there, keep it up!

Advertisements

YoSoyPincho is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote