[Bass] The Verb - Diablo (Benwaa's Interpretation)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 26-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
Benwaa
Icon14 [Bass] The Verb - Diablo (Benwaa's Interpretation)

So here's my "interpretation" of The Verbs "Diablo"
I can't find the original online for a comparison at the mo, so just this to go off. Hope you enjoy!

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Bass] The Verb - Diablo (Benwaa's Interpretation).
Old 27-03-2012, 12:57 AM   #2
brn20
IDMf Artist
brn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 73802573
Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,192 Posts
Re: [Bass] The Verb - Diablo (Benwaa's Interpretation)

I'm enjoying this man. You've got a real groove going with that bass and kick, with the slightly atonal electric piano sound lead. The incidental reverb delay parts that accentuate the rhythm work really well.

One thing I've noticed is that it seems a little bit empty at times (probably not a good way of describing it). Like there's a tiny bit too much space between the parts...not sure how to describe the sensation.

Some of the beats sound like Autechre at the third break (a good thing for me). On this last part I keep expecting another mid range part to break in. There's that groove again.

Well, in summary, I enjoyed listening and found nice surprises inside the track. Cheers.

------------------
brn20 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #3
BWubWubWub
Granular Poster
BWubWubWub is a savage MCBWubWubWub is a savage MCBWubWubWub is a savage MCBWubWubWub is a savage MCBWubWubWub is a savage MCBWubWubWub is a savage MCBWubWubWub is a savage MCBWubWubWub is a savage MCBWubWubWub is a savage MCBWubWubWub is a savage MCBWubWubWub is a savage MC
MC Status: 1211577

Good start. I'm a bit lost here since there are parts with a handful of instruments offbeat. Try some quantization on your piano (even nudge it just a tiny bit off the beats if you have to)

Your track has a lot more potential. Keep at it!

Edit: Don't post links to your own music in others LB threads.

Last edited by Benwaa; 27-03-2012 at 11:45 AM..

------------------

BWubWubWub is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
Benwaa

thanks for the indepth feedback brn20! i really appreciate you taking the time to give such detailed notes

and thanks to you too bwubwubwub, but no thank for posting that link
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #5
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762841

This is, in my opinion, your best production so far. I like how well it has been mixed and also how rich it is in textures, while it is actually, pretty simple. Good job.
mischjok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
MeshNation
MeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MC
Edinburgh
MC Status: 129798497

Really like the sound selection, everything works very well together; like mischjok says, a good range of textures. The only thing could maybe be a slightly light sounding snare, I think you could get away with a bit more weight to it.

Nice arrangement, builds well until the break, and like the crushed sounds and the 'verby drips that come in, a nice change, and then a good length until the end. Nice feeling of space and air in the mix (although do feel you could get away with more bottom on the snare), enjoyed the listen!

------------------
MeshNation is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
Benwaa

thanks for the great feedback guys! it's very much appreciated indeed! I'm pleasantly surprised at your feeling this is my best mischjok, that's a personal taste thing for sure so i really appreciate those words.
And thanks for uch quality in depth listening too mesh nation, really appreciate that too

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote