ABLETON LIVE: User/FAQ thread - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 19-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #21
phatbacki3
Learning The Ropes
phatbacki3 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: ableton...looking for beginners guide

fucking hurting sonnn
help on ableton!

Advertisements

phatbacki3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #22
Cheepn1s
Regular Freak
Cheepn1s is currently spamming hard

Just making an activation post so I can lurk the links in this thread.
I find Ableton interesting but also a bit complex so I need all the help I can get!
Cheepn1s is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #23
spaceman
fuck techno
spaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MC
A Yank in Vanc(ouver)
MC Status: 573989

You can buy this book:[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Or ask any questions you want here.
spaceman is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #24
shotguns
Banned
shotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MCshotguns is a savage MC
MC Status: 5055099

Quote:
Originally Posted by tode View Post
You can read the manual, that comes with the program... eh?

Edit: Wait there's no guide on Ableton! That's a COMPANY! It's like saying you want a guide for Image-Line or something. The program you have "bought"/torrented/demoing is called Live! Have a nice day.
Hmm, I usually say the exact thing myself, but should you really say things like that? Over two weeks of time you went from a fruity loops icon to Max, Renoise (yeah, you probably bought that one, that's not a main offender), Reaktor and Ableton.

This is under the same period of time you claimed to borrow a few computers because you didn't have your own. Did you really spend a good chunk over 10000SEK on software in that short period of a time? Especially when you said you were perfectly content with having Renoise as your main daw?

Complain about people downloading software all you want, but you know the good old glass house saying, don't you?
shotguns is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #25
kingbingalin
Learning The Ropes
kingbingalin is currently spamming hard

cheers mate
kingbingalin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #26
inok
Learning The Ropes
inok is currently spamming hard

posting so i may see links in this thread..
inok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #27
Myfirstcasio
Myfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 545373

I know its been said but the manual really does have all you need to know. And the demo's that are built in are a great starting point too.

------------------
Myfirstcasio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #28
hotmuzik
Regular Freak
hotmuzik is currently spamming hard

check out for "Ableton live tutorials" in youtube.com you can fin some videos really helps
hotmuzik is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #29
Myfirstcasio
Myfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MCMyfirstcasio is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 545373

Also google The Covert Operators, they do a lot of great tutorial videos.

------------------
Myfirstcasio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #30
psb69
Learning The Ropes
psb69 is currently spamming hard

I have been using macprovideo (.com) , you can have a trial for $1 for 3 days and watch the entire library if you have the time! Tutorials are really good, I have been watching the Logic Studio ones, but there is also a large section on Ableton Live.

Cheers
psb69 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 08:26 PM   #31
Keef Baker
Keef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MC
Leeds
MC Status: 10176330
Icon4 Ableton LIVE User/FAQ thread

Got to say... I've made a massive switch over the last couple of months from a mac running Logic Pro 7.2 to a PC running Ableton 8 and after the fight of getting a decent reverb plugin and a decent EQ, I have to say that this is the fucking tits!!!

Ableton has seriously come into its own in recent years. I remember trying version 1 and liking the improv aspect but hating everything else.

Now this program rocks my socks!

MUCH LOVE FOR ABLETON!
Keef Baker is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 01:22 AM   #32
pulchrarana
Learning The Ropes
pulchrarana is currently spamming hard

amen to that
pulchrarana is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #33
rfsprat
Microknight
rfsprat is a splendid one to beholdrfsprat is a splendid one to beholdrfsprat is a splendid one to beholdrfsprat is a splendid one to beholdrfsprat is a splendid one to beholdrfsprat is a splendid one to behold
California
MC Status: 670

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmuzik View Post
check out for "Ableton live tutorials" in youtube.com you can fin some videos really helps
yes thank you

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperstationjr View Post
It's things like this that give me a reason to touch myself at night.
lol wut
rfsprat is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #34
tmoram
Learning The Ropes
tmoram is just really nicetmoram is just really nicetmoram is just really nicetmoram is just really nice
Plymouth
MC Status: 352

Greetings to everyone - I'm new to the forum! : )

I was looking for a guide to getting started in Ableton Live, but found that when you install and open the software there is a help guide on the left for getting started. This takes you through setting up your audio and midi ins&outs then a tour of Live, then how to record, use instruments, create beats and DJing.

If that isn't enough, at the bottom of the help screen is a link to the Ableton reference manual which opens up a +500 page PDF document which covers everything a newcomer to the software will need to know.

I use Ableton Live 8 - so it may be different for other versions. But it seems there is plenty of help available already. I installed Ableton about 4 days ago - read through the manuals and am now comfortably using it to record songs. Obviously there are still things that are new, but thats half the fun for me!
tmoram is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: High Hopes - Pink Floyd
Old 02-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #35
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gothenburg, sweden.
MC Status: 33141603

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoram View Post
Greetings to everyone - I'm new to the forum! : )

I was looking for a guide to getting started in Ableton Live, but found that when you install and open the software there is a help guide on the left for getting started. This takes you through setting up your audio and midi ins&outs then a tour of Live, then how to record, use instruments, create beats and DJing.

If that isn't enough, at the bottom of the help screen is a link to the Ableton reference manual which opens up a +500 page PDF document which covers everything a newcomer to the software will need to know.

I use Ableton Live 8 - so it may be different for other versions. But it seems there is plenty of help available already. I installed Ableton about 4 days ago - read through the manuals and am now comfortably using it to record songs. Obviously there are still things that are new, but thats half the fun for me!

------------------
gbsr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #36
mupersan82
Regular Freak
mupersan82 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 22

First of all: Ableton rocks!

I just started using Ableton as well, and have found some great videos on YouTube. With that being said, I think the best way to learn it is to use it!
mupersan82 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #37
garydp
Learning The Ropes
garydp is currently spamming hard

i need help too, trying live for the first time and cant get my head around it
garydp is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 12:00 AM   #38
Sublimator
Sublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud of
Last Hole on Earth
MC Status: 1425

this guy is posting 1 ableton live tip each day till the end of the year. check it out:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Sublimator is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #39
Unique Beats
Unique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MC
Edinburgh
MC Status: 56114726

Nice find Sublimator! I've been playing around with Live for a few months now but you can get set in your ways and stop exploring the other (shit load) of things that you can do in Live so this blog is an interesting read.

------------------
Smell my cheese you mother!
Unique Beats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 05:57 AM   #40
Vector
Learning The Ropes
Vector is currently spamming hard

Quote:
this guy is posting 1 ableton live tip each day till the end of the year. check it out:
Newly registered and eagerly looking forward to seeing this link. Ableton rocks but is pretty complex and I'm having a hard time getting my head around it. A 30 day trial might not be long enough to dive into all the features, hell it's taken days just to browse the Live library.

Advertisements

Vector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote