What VST's are an absolute must? - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Closed Thread
Old 29-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #121
Dhinojosa94
Sample Destroyer
Dhinojosa94 is just really niceDhinojosa94 is just really niceDhinojosa94 is just really niceDhinojosa94 is just really niceDhinojosa94 is just really nice
San Pedro Garza Garcia
MC Status: 410
Re: What VST's are an absolute must?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middie View Post
That goes for DAW's too. Judging by your icons of DAW's used, you've either paid over $1100AUD in DAW's alone or are using cracked software. Consider using Live and Logic's native plugins. They're great. I don't have any idea what FL Studio's stuff is like these days. If any of those are cracked, lose 'em. I'm assuming a lot here, but Logic's like $200 these days and is more than enough for a DAW.

And before you ask, my DAWs are all paid for too
is it? crap i paid 500 for it

Advertisements

Dhinojosa94 is offline   Thanks
Old 29-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #122
MineralSounds
Minor Glitch
MineralSounds has a spectacular aura aboutMineralSounds has a spectacular aura aboutMineralSounds has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

well, i love edirol orchestal for some classical style synths!
MineralSounds is offline   Thanks
Old 29-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #123
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7239129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti3 View Post
Absynth is a bit limited..
It really isn't. You just have to know what you're doing and not fool around aimlessly. In fact, I'm assuming you're getting awful sounds out of it and are just mad. Chances are, that's not because it's limited; Quite the contrary, in fact - It's likely it's because it's not limited. Massive and FM8 are more or less built in a way that makes sure you get something that resembles a note out of them pretty much no matter what.

Absynth, on the other hand, turns around and bitchslaps you for fooling around, tells you to read the fucking manual, bends you over, rapes you violently, and has you asking for more. It's not for everyone, and it definitely requires some more commitment than just installing it, loading it up, and banging it blindly, but the results speak for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti3 View Post
Well I'm sorry for expressing my opinion...
You should be.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #124
Matti3
Granular Poster
Matti3 will become famous soon enoughMatti3 will become famous soon enough
Bedfordshire, England
MC Status: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingley View Post
It really isn't. You just have to know what you're doing and not fool around aimlessly. In fact, I'm assuming you're getting awful sounds out of it and are just mad. Chances are, that's not because it's limited; Quite the contrary, in fact - It's likely it's because it's not limited. Massive and FM8 are more or less built in a way that makes sure you get something that resembles a note out of them pretty much no matter what.

Absynth, on the other hand, turns around and bitchslaps you for fooling around, tells you to read the fucking manual, bends you over, rapes you violently, and has you asking for more. It's not for everyone, and it definitely requires some more commitment than just installing it, loading it up, and banging it blindly, but the results speak for themselves.

You should be.
Thank you for that wonderful example. After messing around with it a bit more over the last couple of weeks i have found it quite good, sorry for my comment earlier on...

------------------
Latest Release *Acidity* - Free Download!

Matti3 is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #125
mischjok
Guy with a computer
mischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MCmischjok is a savage MC
Not German
MC Status: 65762841

If a synth you're using sounds like shit, go and buy it

Back on topic: Can someone post a list of the 200 VST's that are an absolute must? Just to make a summary of this thread.
mischjok is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #126
FoleyArts
Minor Glitch
FoleyArts will become famous soon enough
Philly
MC Status: 60

Any body got their hands on these yet?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Thoughts, Opinions, Comparisons?

Heard Deadmau5 was doing some work on these before they released, apparently remaking studio sounds for live use. Being as these vst's are much easier to carry than the their hardware counterparts. I just wanna know if their worth the doe!!!

------------------
FoleyArts is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #127
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390248
Thanked 2,836 Times in 1,766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoleyArts View Post

Heard Deadmau5 was doing some work on these before they released, apparently remaking studio sounds for live use. Being as these vst's are much easier to carry than the their hardware counterparts. I just wanna know if their worth the doe!!!
Not to sound like an ass, but why not download/try/evaluate and build an opinion of the demos (on the right on the webpage you posted)?

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks
Currently Listening To: Plaid-Double Figure
Old 30-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #128
niksah
Master of the LFO
niksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MC
San Francisco
MC Status: 9509953

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoleyArts View Post

I have it. They're good, relatively easy to use, and can make some good sounds. However, I spent about a month really digging into them and wasn't totally excited about what I came out with. There are some synths that after I dive in like that I totally love, or at least know what I want to use them for in my productions. With DCAM, I'm kind of meh and had a hard time figuring what I'd use them for that I'm not doing with something else.

It probably has more to do with my style of working and sound that I gravitate towards since I know some people love it, but that's my experience FWIW.
niksah is offline   Thanks
Currently Listening To: Plaid-Double Figure
Old 30-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #129
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7239129

They're not the most versatile toys on the market, but they sound nice. If simple bass sounds are something you're after, you could do much worse than the DCAMs. They're intuitive and sound pretty good, although a bit "old", or should I say, "vintage". They're not really made to create single sounds that fill the spectrum by themselves. In essence, they're not really there to hog the spotlight. This makes them really useful for some stuff, and less useful for other stuff.

That's just how I feel about them, though.

EDIT: For example, they'd be really useful for a deep house producer. They'd be pretty crappy for a guy making brostep.

Last edited by Blingley; 30-07-2012 at 09:10 PM..

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks
Old 31-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #130
paranoiacs
IDMf's latest spammer
paranoiacs is currently spamming hard
England/Canada
MC Status: 10

sylenth, ni massive, camel crusher, sausage fattener, T rack's singular plugins

we use these ones alot!!
paranoiacs is offline   Thanks
Old 31-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #131
Benwaa

ALL of them!!!!!

ALL of them!!

oh fuck it, i really can't be bothered going round in circles more than this thread

Advertisements

Thanks
Closed Thread