NI Battery 3 dropouts
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 26-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
Deep Dose
Eternal Echoer
Deep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MC
MC Status: 17684455
NI Battery 3 dropouts

I'm having audio dropouts with Battery 3. As it turns out, this is a common problem with Battery 3. Some cells simply don't work sometimes, and its very frustrating. Just wondering if anybody has a solution

Advertisements

Deep Dose is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10378867
Re: NI Battery 3 dropouts

Don't work how? When you click the cells in the VST view? When you assign MIDI notes? When you play a MIDI controller?

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
Wave Mekanix
Knob Twiddler
Wave Mekanix is a savage MCWave Mekanix is a savage MCWave Mekanix is a savage MCWave Mekanix is a savage MCWave Mekanix is a savage MCWave Mekanix is a savage MCWave Mekanix is a savage MCWave Mekanix is a savage MCWave Mekanix is a savage MCWave Mekanix is a savage MCWave Mekanix is a savage MC
MC Status: 43123

I've been using battery 3 for a year now with live and logic and have never had this problem. Usually if a sound isn't there I f@#$ed up the routing somewhere.

Then again, it could be an issue just with the windows version.

------------------
Currently running 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MBP / Logic Studio 8 / Ableton Live 8 / Apple IIe / Marble Madness
Wave Mekanix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Deep Dose
Eternal Echoer
Deep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MCDeep Dose is a savage MC

Yeah guys, I decided to sample all the hits from my drum track in battery and throw them in a drum rack. Not using it until they fix it in an update, which may be never considering there is a 2 year long thread still active with people bitching about this problem. Owell. I love using it but, can't be having that
Old 28-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #5
niksah
Digital Surfer
niksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MC
San Francisco
MC Status: 9509953

Never seen that one. The only problem I have in Battery is sometimes when I try to use two instances in Logic it starts distorting some of the output channels in the first instance.

Out of curiosity, why do you use Battery in Ableton? I've always thought of Drum Racks as superior to Battery--I'm curious to what you prefer about it.
niksah is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
Deep Dose
Eternal Echoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by niksah View Post
Never seen that one. The only problem I have in Battery is sometimes when I try to use two instances in Logic it starts distorting some of the output channels in the first instance.

Out of curiosity, why do you use Battery in Ableton? I've always thought of Drum Racks as superior to Battery--I'm curious to what you prefer about it.
one thing I personally like is a large interface to keep things organized the way I like them. It also gives your drum track a certain 'glue' since its all from the same vst, and I like having all the typical processing you would use for making a good drum rack in one clean unit. I do love drum racks though, and honestly I'm more comfortable using them. Its kinda lame though that ableton doesn't let you colour code your samples or allow you to drag it larger for a better interface
Old 29-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #7
niksah
Digital Surfer
niksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MCniksah is a savage MC
San Francisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Dose View Post
one thing I personally like is a large interface to keep things organized the way I like them. It also gives your drum track a certain 'glue' since its all from the same vst, and I like having all the typical processing you would use for making a good drum rack in one clean unit. I do love drum racks though, and honestly I'm more comfortable using them. Its kinda lame though that ableton doesn't let you colour code your samples or allow you to drag it larger for a better interface
That makes sense, I guess the larger interface is nicer. I got it because Ultrabeat in Logic sucks so bad, but only use it in Live so I can share kits between the two. Outside of the articulations though, I couldn't find a reason I would use it in Live otherwise.
Old 29-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
1=1?
Knob Twiddler
1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of
The Bay
MC Status: 1010

I got battery because the Racks are so hard to use. You should be able to blow it up to look at all more squares at a time. Other cool thing would be if it set up your midi tracks like Impulse does where you only see notes that are loaded up on it. I just really can't get a workflow down on any of these that is intuitive and fast, and racks is the hardest :-/

I do like that I can drop in a battery kit and make pretty good sounding beats with a preset because the samples are great. Then I can go back and tune them/change the samples.
1=1? is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
niksah
Digital Surfer
San Francisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1=1? View Post
I got battery because the Racks are so hard to use. You should be able to blow it up to look at all more squares at a time. Other cool thing would be if it set up your midi tracks like Impulse does where you only see notes that are loaded up on it. I just really can't get a workflow down on any of these that is intuitive and fast, and racks is the hardest :-/

I do like that I can drop in a battery kit and make pretty good sounding beats with a preset because the samples are great. Then I can go back and tune them/change the samples.
I've actually been able to set up midi tracks that fold to just the drums in a particular groups within Drum Racks, then wired up an audio out channel for each group as well. It's cumbersome, but it can be done.
Old 29-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #10
1=1?
Knob Twiddler
1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of1=1? has much to be proud of
The Bay

You basically just put a note on each drum and then hit fold?

Doesn't this mean that if you want to add another sound to the rack you need to unfold put a note on all the sounds again and then fold again?

Also why doesn't the rack scroll? It only pages up and down.

Sorry I'm irritable on sunday mornings.

PS, glad to see another sf person.
Currently Listening To: Mozart Symphony No.35
Old 29-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
niksah
Digital Surfer
San Francisco

Actually, if you create a new midi track and route it to a group in your drum rack, it will just fold down to the samples in that group:

Likewise! There are a few of us here, but on the whole I'd say we're pretty underrepresented. Do you live in the city?
Old 30-07-2012, 03:23 AM   #12
Deep Dose
Eternal Echoer

since this is somewhat of a runaway thread, not sure if you guys were aware of this. Most likely. This is how I route battery. Or DID, I suppose.

EDIT just looking at that interface, its so nice. If nothing else thats a good enough reason. I love how the envelope is displayed over the waveform,
best way I have seen to visualize it yet.

Old 30-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #13
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390148
Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,766 Posts

Quote:

EDIT just looking at that interface, its so nice. If nothing else thats a good enough reason. I love how the envelope is displayed over the waveform,
Have you tried Vember Shortcircuit 1? It's free.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Shortcircuit 2 is also free, but doesn't have the envelope over waveform thing. But it has other nifty features that I really like. Recommended.

Last edited by Evelon; 30-07-2012 at 04:51 PM..

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Evelon
Deep Dose (30-07-2012)
Old 30-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #14
Deep Dose
Eternal Echoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
Have you tried Vember Shortcircuit 1? It's free.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
I havent, but it sounds excellent! I'll be checking that out
Old 31-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #15
1=1?
Knob Twiddler
The Bay

"Actually, if you create a new midi track and route it to a group in your drum rack, it will just fold down to the samples in that group:

Likewise! There are a few of us here, but on the whole I'd say we're pretty underrepresented. Do you live in the city?"

Yes I live in SOMA in a warehouse with a bunch of hippies.

They're not actually hippies it just sounds good. Thanks so much for posting this solution, Deep Dose too. These are the first things I'm gonna do when I get home from work today! Anything that helps me not be annoyed by working with drum samples would be the best. When I first started with this thing I was really close to just blowing my money on an electronic drum set because I know where those sounds are.

I can't wait until I can post links.
Currently Listening To: Opiuo - Butternut Slap
Old 01-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #16
1=1?
Knob Twiddler
The Bay

Quote:
since this is somewhat of a runaway thread, not sure if you guys were aware of this. Most likely. This is how I route battery. Or DID, I suppose.

This is great. Thanks. I do love battery.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #17
MelodyMann
Learning The Ropes
MelodyMann is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Battery is amazing, music radar has it so right, hands down the best DrumVst out there if your into just playing Midi and not sampling.

Advertisements

MelodyMann is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote