TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread) - Page 74
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements


House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #1461
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
PROton42's Avatar
Posts: 10,277
MC Status: 34650
Thanks: 7,928
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts
Re: Deadmau5 poking fun at beatport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrawl View Post
How can you say his stuff sounds the same....
I didn't say that.

I just said the ideology follows him, it follows him and skrillex and tiesto and daft punk, the list goes on. People who want to get into "producing EDM" all want to sound like these artists, because that's what they believe will make them popular. So the ideology is created by the fans, and follows the artists. The people on the beatports follow their songwriting forumla to the letter. That's why those things sound the same. It's entirely hypocritical of dead rodent to try and have a laugh about this, in my humble opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrawl View Post
He is being hypocritical in what way?
If you don't get my opinion on this matter from my explanation above, then I'm not going to explain it again. I'm not going to force you to ascribe to my opinion.
This is all very typical of pop music and so many of us are sick of it. That's why we chill here.

Last edited by PROton42; 18-07-2013 at 12:11 AM..

Advertisements


------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks
Thanks to PROton42
Cypherclerk (17-07-2013)
Old 17-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #1462
mongrawl
Granular Poster
mongrawl is a jewel in the roughmongrawl is a jewel in the roughmongrawl is a jewel in the rough
mongrawl's Avatar
Kelowna
Age: 26
Posts: 50
MC Status: 260
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: Deadmau5 poking fun at beatport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broton42 View Post
I didn't say that.

I just said the ideology follows him, it follows him and skrillex and tiesto and daft punk, the list goes on. People who want to get into "producing EDM" all want to sound like these artists, because that's what they believe will make them popular. So the ideology is created by the fans, and follows the artists. The people on the beatports follow their songwriting forumla to the letter. That's why those things sound the same. It's entirely hypocritical of dead rodent to try and have a laugh about this, in my humble opinion.
He is being hypocritical in what way? Ill agree that the stuff he puts out isnt anything new or innovative but its certainly not the same as all the shit on the charts at the moment and not the kind of music that he is poking fun at.
mongrawl is offline   Thanks
Old 17-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #1463
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Cypherclerk's Avatar
Rectilinear Filigree
Posts: 5,214
MC Status: 53741005
Thanks: 2,227
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,627 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

It's just a bit...I don't know...sad and annoying that because of this he has probably gained 54328590348905 more fans that will replicate the exact shit he claims to hate.

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Cypherclerk
PROton42 (17-07-2013)
Old 18-07-2013, 05:18 AM   #1464
Spyderbyte
Ghostly
Spyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MC
Spyderbyte's Avatar
Age: 21
Posts: 674
MC Status: 10160
Thanks: 257
Thanked 203 Times in 152 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

Broton, I understand why you and a lot of other senior forumites here can be jaded and annoyed about deadmau5. But you have to understand that it's sentimentally important to us. Deadmau5 basically introduced me to dance music. When I first discovered it, it was just the coolest sound in the world. Hell, this guy is the closest thing to a celebrity I've ever had. I first started talking to and getting to know my first girlfriend because we found out we both adored the song The Veldt.

So yeah, I get why you guys aren't impressed by deadmau5 and have long sinced moved on to more interesting things. But is it really necessary to call it trash and shit? Sure, it's not the greatest music but it's not that bad. You guys could try to be a little more understanding and tolerant of why we love deadmau5.

As far as his "troll" Big Room House song I don't see why it's a big deal. It's exactly the same kind of stunt he pulls all the time... he just threw it together in 30 minutes to prove a point about how easy it is to make generic dance music. I seriously doubt he gained any fans from that song, and a bunch of DJ magazines ran little articles about his 'Drop da bomb' supermix because they always lap that kind of shit up. But basically deadmau5's entire public image is built around his scorn towards modern DJing and dance music, so this is nothing new if you follow deadmau5 at all.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broton42 View Post
There is a time when the world of music opens itself up to you and you dive right into great unknowns, incredible techniques and emotionally captivating electronic music. And after that, there is stuff like Pop EDM.
Spyderbyte is offline   Thanks
Old 18-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #1465
RaidenBeats
Fuck 'er Right N Da Pussy
RaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MC
RaidenBeats's Avatar
Ur Lil Sisters Wet Dream
Age: 23
Posts: 6,231
MC Status: 42060
Thanks: 2,813
Thanked 841 Times in 690 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

Deadmau5 is god.
Worship.

------------------
RaidenBeats is offline   Thanks
Thanks to RaidenBeats
Spyderbyte (18-07-2013)
Old 18-07-2013, 05:39 AM   #1466
Mindsweeper
★VIP MEGA EURO STAR★
Mindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MC
Mindsweeper's Avatar
BUTTFUCKSVILLE
Age: 26
Posts: 6,624
MC Status: 262786029
Thanks: 1,007
Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,770 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderbyte View Post
Broton, I understand why you and a lot of other senior forumites here can be jaded and annoyed about deadmau5. But you have to understand that it's sentimentally important to us. Deadmau5 basically introduced me to dance music.

Same reason why I still like Scooter
Mindsweeper is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Mindsweeper
Oatbag (21-07-2013)
Old 18-07-2013, 05:41 AM   #1467
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
PROton42's Avatar
Posts: 10,277
MC Status: 34650
Thanks: 7,928
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

FOREWARNING: Well, I'm not speaking for the whole forum here, just myself, and I use the terms we, us, our, etc. VERY loosely, and maybe one or two people will agree with me here, and I'm REALLY not trying to be a dick about defending my position, and you've taken a huge stab at me here, and a LOT of people STILL don't get it, so here goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderbyte View Post
Broton, I understand why you and a lot of other senior forumites here
can be jaded and annoyed about deadmau5. But you have to understand that it's sentimentally important to us. Deadmau5 basically introduced me to dance music. When I first discovered it, it was just the coolest sound in the world. Hell, this guy is the closest thing to a celebrity I've ever had. I first started talking to and getting to know my first girlfriend because we found out we both adored the song The Veldt.
Yes, I'm "jaded" because this is exactly the kind of music we choose not to discuss here, because our standards are much different than pop music standards, and it really doesn't interest a lot of people to hear something that has been done to death repeatedly.

We even come to this conclusion with a lot of music that claims to be IDM because it follows what is assumed to be "IDM convention (or Avant-Garde)", when in reality we want to hear more people doing their own thing and not just trying to be impressive (or, "cool").

And yes, I'm "annoyed" because, well, good for you that deadmau5 is your first introduction to electronic music, and I mean who's to blame you there he's on a popular label and has a huge marketing team behind him, but there has been FAR more interesting electronic music made within the past FIVE DECADES that surpasses this sort of popular music ideology. There is PLENTY of time to discover this sort of thing.

I remember when all of this EDM, Dubstep, Complextro and Progressive House started gaining ground around here, and we just kind of laughed and shrugged it off as a sort of "okay, sure, but have you heard about IDM?" sort of thing, but now it's just getting BORING and it's SUPER annoying (at least in my opinion) to have to explain this to the next generation of complete beginners to music.

I understand the sentiment but there is a time when the world of music opens itself up to you and you dive right into great unknowns, incredible techniques and emotionally captivating electronic music. And after that, there is stuff like Pop EDM. A lot of the people who post on these forums are so beyond that 4x4, white noise sweeps, slow cutoff automation and "sick drops".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderbyte View Post
So yeah, I get why you guys aren't impressed by deadmau5 and have long sinced moved on to more interesting things. But is it really necessary to call it trash and shit? Sure, it's not the greatest music but it's not that bad. You guys could try to be a little more understanding and tolerant of why we love deadmau5.
I have never called this music Trash, or Shit. Thank you. PLEASE don't EVER assume I think this way about music again. For the emotional contentment of the BOTH of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderbyte View Post
As far as his "troll" Big Room House song I don't see why it's a big deal. It's exactly the same kind of stunt he pulls all the time... he just threw it together in 30 minutes to prove a point about how easy it is to make generic dance music. I seriously doubt he gained any fans from that song, and a bunch of DJ magazines ran little articles about his 'Drop da bomb' supermix because they always lap that kind of shit up. But basically deadmau5's entire public image is built around his scorn towards modern DJing and dance music, so this is nothing new if you follow deadmau5 at all.
I didn't exactly say it was a "big deal" just pointed out that it was funny he would do something like this, right after someone on the other side of the pond did the same thing. Maybe these labels told them to do it even, maybe they're "trying to make a statement" but it's hypocritical because they DEFINED the POINT of that statement and now they're just trying to cash in on it. Deadmau5's "public image" is based entirely on EMI's standards. These labels inadvertently define what popular music is by mass marketing it to a crowd of people who want to get into the industry, and so they follow these tracks to the letter, and then submit to these charts websites in hopes that they can be seen alongside these labels and artists who pull the strings to top the charts in the first place so that the "little guy" has the assumption that there is still hope for them in the music industry.

Rant rant rant, there's probably a lot of points I'm missing here but honestly, chat me up in real life about this some time, over a drink or something. Ask me these questions one at a time so I'm not responding in TL;DR blurbs and we can definitely have a civil conversation about this, but as I said earlier I can't FORCE you to ascribe to my point of view, I can simply sit here, rant about the facts and continue to hold my head in migraine wondering why people think that this sort of behavior should even be allowed in the music industry, and why everything has to be some kind of god damned competition or popularity contest.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks
Old 18-07-2013, 05:45 AM   #1468
RaidenBeats
Fuck 'er Right N Da Pussy
RaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MC
RaidenBeats's Avatar
Ur Lil Sisters Wet Dream
Age: 23
Posts: 6,231
MC Status: 42060
Thanks: 2,813
Thanked 841 Times in 690 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

broton is a nonbeliever.
burn him at the cross

------------------
RaidenBeats is offline   Thanks
Old 18-07-2013, 05:47 AM   #1469
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
chasedobson's Avatar
Denver, CO
Posts: 3,312
MC Status: 1542077
Thanks: 1,086
Thanked 2,077 Times in 1,326 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

thanks/rep/whatever and also...


TLDR.



ha. i kid.

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks
Thanks to chasedobson
PROton42 (18-07-2013)
Old 18-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #1470
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
PROton42's Avatar
Posts: 10,277
MC Status: 34650
Thanks: 7,928
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedestroy View Post
thanks/rep/whatever and also...


TLDR.



ha. i kid.
Getting a thanks from you, really lifts my spirits man. Considering the work you've done.
And yeah, I know, TLDR but who else is going to keep sticking up for the psyche?
Not EMI that's for fucking sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenBeats View Post
broton is a nonbeliever.
burn him at the cross
Your days are numbered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderbyte View Post
Honestly Broton I'm really grateful to this forum and to you in particular for broadening my musical horizons beyond stuff like deadmau5. And in all seriousness, yes you're right about everything you said. And I apologize for being a total noob and not knowing the background and history behind all this stuff like you do. I can't help it, we all have to start somewhere, right?
And you are more than welcome to enjoy his music as well!
There is just so much more to the world than what is explained in all to much detail within this thread. I just defined myself better in an IM to "Skrillex":
"There is a whole world of music and theory that people are just not interested in (not you, spyderbyte) because they believe that any deviation from the guidelines set by the labels who pull the strings simply won't get them any kind of work... But that's not even what music and art is about in the first place.

It's not about money, popularity, advertising, or any of the things discussed in all too much detail in that thread. Music and art are just about expressing yourself, and that is exactly what I have done in that post.
"

Last edited by PROton42; 18-07-2013 at 06:16 AM..

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks
Thanks to PROton42
RaidenBeats (18-07-2013)
Old 18-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #1471
Spyderbyte
Ghostly
Spyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MC
Spyderbyte's Avatar
Age: 21
Posts: 674
MC Status: 10160
Thanks: 257
Thanked 203 Times in 152 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

Honestly Broton I'm really grateful to this forum and to you in particular for broadening my musical horizons beyond stuff like deadmau5. And in all seriousness, yes you're right about everything you said. And I apologize for being a total noob and not knowing the background and history behind all this stuff like you do. I can't help it, we all have to start somewhere, right?

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broton42 View Post
There is a time when the world of music opens itself up to you and you dive right into great unknowns, incredible techniques and emotionally captivating electronic music. And after that, there is stuff like Pop EDM.
Spyderbyte is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Spyderbyte
PROton42 (18-07-2013)
Old 18-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #1472
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
Sencesor's Avatar
The Nung River
Age: 37
Posts: 8,228
MC Status: 89280723
Thanks: 1,451
Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,199 Posts
Re: Deadmau5 poking fun at beatport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrawl View Post
You can just say you're not a fan, its a lot less to type
howdya figure?
























































:problemofficer:

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenna View Post
What is this vile sencesorcery? Be gone with ye, witch!
Sencesor is offline   Thanks
Old 18-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #1473
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Cypherclerk's Avatar
Rectilinear Filigree
Posts: 5,214
MC Status: 53741005
Thanks: 2,227
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,627 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broton42 View Post
FOREWARNING: Well, I'm not speaking for the whole forum here, just myself, and I use the terms we, us, our, etc. VERY loosely, and maybe one or two people will agree with me here, and I'm REALLY not trying to be a dick about defending my position, and you've taken a huge stab at me here, and a LOT of people STILL don't get it, so here goes...



Yes, I'm "jaded" because this is exactly the kind of music we choose not to discuss here, because our standards are much different than pop music standards, and it really doesn't interest a lot of people to hear something that has been done to death repeatedly.

We even come to this conclusion with a lot of music that claims to be IDM because it follows what is assumed to be "IDM convention (or Avant-Garde)", when in reality we want to hear more people doing their own thing and not just trying to be impressive (or, "cool").

And yes, I'm "annoyed" because, well, good for you that deadmau5 is your first introduction to electronic music, and I mean who's to blame you there he's on a popular label and has a huge marketing team behind him, but there has been FAR more interesting electronic music made within the past FIVE DECADES that surpasses this sort of popular music ideology. There is PLENTY of time to discover this sort of thing.

I remember when all of this EDM, Dubstep, Complextro and Progressive House started gaining ground around here, and we just kind of laughed and shrugged it off as a sort of "okay, sure, but have you heard about IDM?" sort of thing, but now it's just getting BORING and it's SUPER annoying (at least in my opinion) to have to explain this to the next generation of complete beginners to music.

I understand the sentiment but there is a time when the world of music opens itself up to you and you dive right into great unknowns, incredible techniques and emotionally captivating electronic music. And after that, there is stuff like Pop EDM. A lot of the people who post on these forums are so beyond that 4x4, white noise sweeps, slow cutoff automation and "sick drops".



I have never called this music Trash, or Shit. Thank you. PLEASE don't EVER assume I think this way about music again. For the emotional contentment of the BOTH of us.



I didn't exactly say it was a "big deal" just pointed out that it was funny he would do something like this, right after someone on the other side of the pond did the same thing. Maybe these labels told them to do it even, maybe they're "trying to make a statement" but it's hypocritical because they DEFINED the POINT of that statement and now they're just trying to cash in on it. Deadmau5's "public image" is based entirely on EMI's standards. These labels inadvertently define what popular music is by mass marketing it to a crowd of people who want to get into the industry, and so they follow these tracks to the letter, and then submit to these charts websites in hopes that they can be seen alongside these labels and artists who pull the strings to top the charts in the first place so that the "little guy" has the assumption that there is still hope for them in the music industry.

Rant rant rant, there's probably a lot of points I'm missing here but honestly, chat me up in real life about this some time, over a drink or something. Ask me these questions one at a time so I'm not responding in TL;DR blurbs and we can definitely have a civil conversation about this, but as I said earlier I can't FORCE you to ascribe to my point of view, I can simply sit here, rant about the facts and continue to hold my head in migraine wondering why people think that this sort of behavior should even be allowed in the music industry, and why everything has to be some kind of god damned competition or popularity contest.
I thanks you twice for this post.

Recieve the double meat injection. Feel the tandem rep rape.

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks
Old 18-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #1474
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Cypherclerk's Avatar
Rectilinear Filigree
Posts: 5,214
MC Status: 53741005
Thanks: 2,227
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,627 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenBeats View Post
broton is a nonbeliever.
burn him at the cross
Broton is a silverback, putting the hierachy back into its rightful position when something like a shitty little mouse distracts the betas.

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Cypherclerk
PROton42 (18-07-2013)
Old 18-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #1475
mongrawl
Granular Poster
mongrawl is a jewel in the roughmongrawl is a jewel in the roughmongrawl is a jewel in the rough
mongrawl's Avatar
Kelowna
Age: 26
Posts: 50
MC Status: 260
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenBeats View Post
Deadmau5 is god.
Worship.
Do you even know whats going on?
@Little Minion - I didnt know people who listened to deadmau5 were inferior to the artists you listen to. Wont happen again master, i apologize.

This thread has taken a nosedive. No point in responding to broton, clearly everyone is on different wavelengths about this, my point will remain, if you dont like deadmau5, then dont listen to him; but dont be an ass because I like him. Can we play nice now children?

Last edited by mongrawl; 18-07-2013 at 04:55 PM..
mongrawl is offline   Thanks
Thanks to mongrawl
Cypherclerk (18-07-2013)
Old 18-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #1476
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
PROton42's Avatar
Posts: 10,277
MC Status: 34650
Thanks: 7,928
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrawl View Post
clearly everyone is on different wavelengths
Yes, this is what we call "individuality".
Cute edits, but by all means I'm completely open to someone tearing apart my post and maybe even clearing some things up about it. To say there is no point to respond to my statements is fatalistic and just about denies the spirit of inquiry.

Besides, I'm not attacking you, just pointing some things out in a very calm and civil demeanor. The people whom you claim to be "children" responding with quick statements are simply bored of this thread entirely.

And like I said earlier, people including yourself are more than welcome to listen to Deadmau! I've nothing against him as much as I do the popular music industry in general and the peon masses that flock to it like flies on shit just because it's shoved in their faces constantly when there are clearly more enlightening alternatives, and much more theoretically pleasing music out there. A lot of this EDM fad is just watered-down IDM to us, but labels aren't selling that so the masses aren't listening.

Troll edit: Forgive me for attempting to open up an intelligent dialogue on music that is not considered Intelligent Dance Music.

Last edited by PROton42; 18-07-2013 at 05:07 PM..

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks
Old 18-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #1477
mongrawl
Granular Poster
mongrawl is a jewel in the roughmongrawl is a jewel in the roughmongrawl is a jewel in the rough
mongrawl's Avatar
Kelowna
Age: 26
Posts: 50
MC Status: 260
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broton42 View Post
Yes, this is what we call "individuality".
You're an idiot.

Because if you actually knew how to comprehend a simple sentence you would know what I was talking about.
mongrawl is offline   Thanks
Old 18-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #1478
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
PROton42's Avatar
Posts: 10,277
MC Status: 34650
Thanks: 7,928
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

Okay, okay. Your remarkably in depth retort has shown me the error of my ways. I will discontinue having my own opinion and trying to smooth out the creases in our immediately unstable relationship on this forum. You may continue assuming I hate things blindly without reason for simply replying that it was funny he would copy the marketing scheme of a swedish electronic duo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrawl View Post
This is like arguing with a wall. Peace bro.
A conversation does not need to be an argument just because one has a different opinion.





Also, yeah you've put me in a troll mood now and I'm having a laugh at this point, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrawl View Post
You're an idiot.
I may just as well be! I am more than willing to accept this possibility, and you are more than welcome to elaborate on this, however: I'd like to know exactly what makes me an idiot. It is because I am confident in my opinion on the matter, or is it because you have no viable explanation as to why I am wrong and are simply trying to "get the last word in"?

Last edited by PROton42; 18-07-2013 at 05:19 PM..

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks
Old 18-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #1479
mongrawl
Granular Poster
mongrawl is a jewel in the roughmongrawl is a jewel in the roughmongrawl is a jewel in the rough
mongrawl's Avatar
Kelowna
Age: 26
Posts: 50
MC Status: 260
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broton42 View Post
Okay, okay. Your remarkably in depth retort has shown me the error of my ways. I will discontinue having my own opinion and trying to smooth out the creases in our immediately unstable relationship on this forum. You may continue assuming I hate things blindly without reason for simply replying that it was funny he would copy the marketing scheme of a swedish electronic duo.
This is like arguing with a wall. Peace bro.
mongrawl is offline   Thanks
Old 18-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #1480
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
RFJ's Avatar
I live in California.
Age: 39
Posts: 13,122
MC Status: 199649168
Thanks: 4,850
Thanked 4,998 Times in 3,212 Posts
Re: TMZ gossip about Deadmau5? (aka the official deadmau5 morning glory thread)

Why is this thread even on here?

Hate to bring up the fact that this is IDMforums, again, but it is IDMforums. Can people not read or is it that EDM had brainwashed any new recruits to think that everything that has anything to to with electronic music is club-esque shit?

I mean it's really ridiculous. I've never seen a thread go round, and round, and round, and round in circles like this garbage heap of a thread has done in the last year.

Sure there's glimmers in the dark from time to time, ala Broton's posts as of late, but generally speaking this is the worst thread on here.

9 million pages of trash that should have been closed up long ago.

The fact is, and will always be, that Dm5, and his cohorts, represent the antithesis of everything that is well and good that the majority of us here hold dear.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, music is subjective blah, blah, blah, I get that and that's fine. I'm not here to tell anyone what they should listen to or what they should like. Been there / done that / pointless.

The point is...

This thread belongs on a forum somewhere else and that's a fact. As does any other thread that has anything to do with these people. There's plenty of places on the web that you can go and discuss all of this in detail so, please, take it somewhere else provided you don't mind a little spam.

Because that's all it is, anywhere else, spam, spam, spam, spam, great drop check my shit, spam-o-rama. EDM right there, that's what it is , that's what it does.

Some might say well then just don't read this thread then.

2 things are problematic with that.

Once I unsubscribed to this thread. Then posted in some other thread. That thread was merged with this one, and by default, I was resubscribed here.

Recently we had a thread railing against the Beatport Top 100 which, of all things, degraded into a Deadmouse debate, on the IDMforums of all places. The irony burns...hard. What we have there it's a shining example of what can happen if we just sit idly by and let this type of shit breed.

Again, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to listen to, or that they're not allowed to talk about what they want, but talking about stuff like this would be much better served somewhere else.

So please, for the love of God...



Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrawl View Post
This is like arguing with a wall. Peace bro.
Thought you were done replying three posts before this one.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

Last edited by RFJ; 18-07-2013 at 05:26 PM..

Advertisements


------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[nsfw] this is a thread about skrillex or deadmau5 oly The Side Room 203 24-01-2015 04:41 PM
this is not deadmau5-.- Qianta Listening Booth 9 15-01-2012 01:02 AM
Morning Glory Trip sexph13nd The Side Room 15 02-10-2011 11:23 PM
Fellow Psychonauts! Morning Glory Clip (Chillstep) Khaotikai Listening Booth 0 01-10-2011 04:45 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Electronic Music Forums

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.