what made you think today?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 23-06-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
Indican Sound
Knob Twiddler
Indican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant futureIndican Sound has a brilliant future
Brighton!!!
MC Status: 1910
what made you think today?

This morning i went into the cellar where my block's gas and electrical meters are kept, the entrance is on the street and hasn't had a lock or handle on it for ages so its basically open to the public, no one would want to go in there tho, its full of rubbish, it stinks to high hell and the light doesn't work. to my surprise the door was locked, after trying to open it for a while the door was opened from the inside and I was faced by a toothless, scruffy guy who was clearly homeless, he instantly started apologising as he had clearly been sleeping in there and as I walked in to play with the meter I saw the needles, lighters and spoons that tell an obvious tale. As I played with the meter he was hurriedly explaining his awful situation about his homelessness and why he was sleeping in this god-awful place. There was a deep sadness and fear in his eyes and he was clearly scared that I was going to report him or call the police, he'd clearly been driven to heroin by his circumstances and I must say it shook me a little.

So that's what made me think today. What made you stop and think today?

Advertisements

------------------
Keepin it real on the interwebz!

A Fine Time To Be LP Available now at http://dustedwax.org/dwk253.html
Indican Sound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: sphongle
Old 23-06-2014, 08:04 PM   #2
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80997030
Thanked 4,136 Times in 2,684 Posts
Re: what made you think today?

Didn't make me think today but I had a read about complex system theories recently and it's an interesting point of view to apply to social interactions and social order.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_systems
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 05:17 AM   #3
crackmontage
raptor badger
crackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MC
sminap MN
MC Status: 434781

i think about mundane things like what kind of clothes coworkers wear when they're not at work, what they do in their free time, what their rooms look like. same with people i see at bars or on the street or here on the forums or tumblr

mostly tho i think about if they might not be completely straight and what kind of experience/feelings they have towards transgender people.

more imagining/wondering than thinking.

------------------

crackmontage is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to crackmontage
redeyeglasses (29-06-2014)
Old 24-06-2014, 06:17 AM   #4
A Tree
Sample Destroyer
A Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2560

Was the thought, 'don't ever do heroin' or 'don't ever do heroin without some air freshener and handy wipes nearby'?

I guess this thread propelled me into the world you described. I try to avoid thinking in the sense I think of the word 'think'. Reflect, imagine, conjure are words I can deal with, but this thinking business can set me down a bad road, full of thoughts.
A Tree is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 07:15 AM   #5
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts

Watched All is Lost, with Robert Redford tonight. Just a story of survival. Basically there is no talking in the movie. You just watch him face one thing after another, after another. You almost want to yell COME ONNNNN! But really made me think how little we do on a daily basis to survive and try and make it. We just get by. What do we do that really takes it to another level?

Really profound.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 11:25 PM   #6
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC
MC Status: 175278290
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,950 Posts

Literally all of my sensory input made me think today, in some form or another, but I'm being a little facetious because I have nothing valuable to add. Maybe I will on a different day.
deadmau7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:39 AM   #7
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 34650
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts

Seriously it's been so humid here that there is no space for thinking, I have just been melting.

But, also, what Tim said.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:51 AM   #8
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts

I wish we would have some humidity because then it would mean the temperature would drop, or it might rain. It's 106 right now at 8:00pm and it will probably still be 100 at midnight.

I'm thinking about raindancing.

*raindances*
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Muse-ic
PROton42 (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #9
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog
MC Status: 45967398
Thanked 1,231 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Shit42 View Post
Seriously it's been so humid here that there is no space for thinking, I have just been melting.

But, also, what Tim said.
that username

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Br/ainfu+ked
Lug (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #10
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa
Kaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MC
MC Status: 52987903
Thanked 1,115 Times in 647 Posts

An anarchist critique of rape culture within anarchist spaces.
Kaede is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kaede
PROton42 (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #11
crackmontage
raptor badger
crackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MC
sminap MN
MC Status: 434781

is this becoming one of those threads that's just like in between the happy and the pissed off thread? cause that would be nice

i............. kinda had sex with my roommate. which is new for me. sex as a whole that is. so i've been thinking about that a lot and how i feel about my experience. but you guys probably don't wanna hear about that.

....actually maybe some of it might be kinda interesting like, receiving a blowjob didn't really make me feel like less of a girl but giving one definitely made me feel like more of one.

and if you ever wondered, i'm pretty sure that women not being able to have orgasms as easily is mostly hormonal, not mechanical.

yeah. sex.

Advertisements

------------------

crackmontage is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote