[Dark Cinematic Trip Hop] Custola & Morgen Wurde - About Divers
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 28-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51238106
Icon6 [Dark Cinematic Trip Hop] Custola & Morgen Wurde - About Divers

A fruitful collabo - bringing to light a cinematic dark ambient trip hop lurker :ph34r:

Advertisements

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My latest album Als je zuvor, a cinematic ambient doom jazz noir saga:
http://idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=149635
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dark Cinematic Trip Hop] Custola & Morgen Wurde - About Divers.
Old 29-09-2014, 03:24 AM   #2
slofy
Minor Glitch
slofy is a jewel in the roughslofy is a jewel in the roughslofy is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
Re: [Dark Cinematic Trip Hop] Custola & Morgen Wurde - About Divers

dope man, dope!
slofy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
panten
Granular Poster
panten is a savage MCpanten is a savage MCpanten is a savage MCpanten is a savage MCpanten is a savage MCpanten is a savage MCpanten is a savage MCpanten is a savage MCpanten is a savage MCpanten is a savage MCpanten is a savage MC
MC Status: 52283

Really nice sound, especially the drums and love the sense of space. Good work.
panten is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #4
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea

Glad you dig it, dudes.. slofy and panten!

Hammering the (unfortunately) non-responsive thanks button

------------------

Old 01-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #5
manaat
Soundwave Mangler
manaat has a spectacular aura aboutmanaat has a spectacular aura about
Brooklyn
MC Status: 160

Very atmospheric!

Let's see, I'd turn the main pad down a bit, it only over-powered the drums slightly but really overwhelmed the other tracks.

A bit of structure might help, which is not to say that you need a catchy pop hook or anything, but at times you can't really differentiate how the song sounds at one point to how it sounded a minute before that point. Try to focus on different themes for periods to create a sense that the track is progressing from one stage to the next.

To explain it fog create atmosphere, but walking through the fog creates awe by combination of the scenario and our own interaction with it. Similarly, if the listen feels as though they have traveled from one end of the track to the other, it creates their own personal involvement with it.
manaat is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #6
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Kiel at the Baltic Sea

Thanks, manaat!

The drums should come from within the "fog". Not fog around the beats, but beats inside the fog.

Basically there's (far) more going on in this track arrangement-wise than in common dark ambient tracks.
This music is more about describing a state than telling a story.
So we have recurring cycles here like ebb and flow, the coming and going of waves, but every cycle is a bit different.
There are also the varying piano melodys as points of reference.
Also in the end part, the conglomerate of noise layers, tonal atmo layers and subbass is constantly mutating.

But you came up with very good aspects to reflect upon in general.

------------------

Old 02-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #7
dajwxp
Knob Twiddler
dajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of light
NOT in China~
MC Status: 460

After reading the comments, I decided to spend some time actually -listening- to this music; needless to say I was rewarded. Thanks so much for that amazing music man, sounds awesome.

Before I even get to the musical aspects of this, it must be said that this is mixed so well that it's as if nothing is masked at all. Every element in the track comes out beautifully, and the track is more than clean - it is pronounced and clear. I think if there's anything that helps you bring out this impressionistic idea of lurking shadows in the fog (or something, wild guess here), then it's the clean mixing. Extra love for the pad - it's filtered to perfection, without compromising the weight of it, but yet not touching too much of the 300 and below range. Amazing sound design, amazing mixing technique. *bows down and cries at my incompetence*

The pad is so, so on point that even if you solo'd it, it would be haunting. The beat adds the perfect amount of energy - it holds the dark atmosphere of the track well, and even enhances it. The hi-hats are not too shimmery and they provide a nice amount of high-mid that rounds up the foreboding atmosphere very nicely.

And the piano, oh my goodness. When the piano entered to play that single B note before its slightly more extended entry, something in me died. It was so freaky, so gripping.

Basically, I could go on about how great this track is, but I am more than captivated by it. Holy crap. Kepp making great stuff, man; you've gained a new fan :p. This stuff is amazing, and i really hope all your other stuff is amazing too~

------------------
| new album! |

| soundcloud! | bandcamp! |

always in search of sexy idmf music!~
dajwxp is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:42 AM   #8
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
Icon6 Re: [Dark Cinematic Trip Hop] Custola & Morgen Wurde - About Divers

Thanks a million for the truly stunning review and praise, dajwxp :victory:

With your in-depth analysis abilities you should be cabable to achieve great tunes in the future, too
All the more if you are only 16 as yet...
Best wishes

------------------

Old 05-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #9
thisENIGMA
Minor Glitch
thisENIGMA is currently spamming hard
TX
MC Status: 10

Great atmosphere. i think the introduction of the drums at the beginning feels a bit uncomfortable. I also think the beat and pads could go somewhere else at some point too.

sweet stuff though
thisENIGMA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:55 AM   #10
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Kiel at the Baltic Sea

Cheers thisENIGMA

Well, the beats blunder into the tune, deploying themselves quickly.. dunno how to introduce them in a better way here. And the pads go somewhere else after the beat part actually.
But always good to reconsider aspects like these ones, thanks!

------------------

Old 12-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #11
mavndrll
Knob Twiddler
mavndrll is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 44

I'm a fan of this! I can't really crit because the mix sounds spectacular on my monitors. I know realism is rarely a goal but I felt like some of the cymbal/hat sounds were louder than they needed to be - don't take this as complaining because I love it as is!
mavndrll is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #12
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Kiel at the Baltic Sea

Thanks mavndrll!
I wasn't entirely sure if there was too less hiss at all in this track, hence (in respect to your comment) good that I didn't turn the hats/cymbals louder

There's also a version of collabo partner Custola who played around with parts of the atmo and glitches:

Advertisements

------------------