Things i should read (or watch) to get a better understanding of scales and melodies
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 26-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
weirdmagic
Granular Poster
weirdmagic is a jewel in the roughweirdmagic is a jewel in the roughweirdmagic is a jewel in the rough
BXL
MC Status: 260
Icon5 Things i should read (or watch) to get a better understanding of scales and melodies

the title speaks for itself i guess any suggestions?
thanks in advance!!

Advertisements

------------------
weirdmagic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #2
Bipolar Joe
Master of the LFO
Bipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9010
Re: Things i should read (or watch) to get a better understanding of scales and melod

Lypur on the YouPoop has some great videos on music theory, all piano based.
Bipolar Joe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Bipolar Joe
purplefish (27-07-2014)
Old 27-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #3
Capo di Ritmo
Minor Glitch
Capo di Ritmo is a glorious beacon of lightCapo di Ritmo is a glorious beacon of lightCapo di Ritmo is a glorious beacon of lightCapo di Ritmo is a glorious beacon of lightCapo di Ritmo is a glorious beacon of lightCapo di Ritmo is a glorious beacon of light
Westland
MC Status: 510
Re: Things i should read (or watch) to get a better understanding of scales and melod

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Not really something to learn from I guess, but you get options for chord progression for piano or guitar.
Capo di Ritmo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 12:09 AM   #4
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC
MC Status: 30760

------------------
** UTTERLY FECKIN' BRILLIANT TUNE **
https://soundcloud.com/windfallen/kernow

coming soon on my label ....I wish
Yzarc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 12:11 AM   #5
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts

Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
Pr?m
Minor Glitch
Pr?m has a spectacular aura aboutPr?m has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

I think the best way to get an UNDERSTANDING as you asked would be to practice with a metronome and listen to the relationships of the notes. Play the scales up and down preferably with a drone of the root playing in the background.
Pr?m is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Pr?m
weirdmagic (09-08-2014)
Old 08-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #7
FOI
Granular Poster
FOI is a glorious beacon of lightFOI is a glorious beacon of lightFOI is a glorious beacon of lightFOI is a glorious beacon of lightFOI is a glorious beacon of light
Up North
MC Status: 460

A book which matches the instrument you want to use and start with lesson one.
FOI is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 06:49 AM   #8
kenstowicz
Regular Freak
kenstowicz will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

I learned a few things from the bass gorilla music theory videos, Music theory for computer musicians by Michael hewitt, and Dance music manual by rick snowman. right now I'm peeking at Theory essentials by Connie E Mayfield I'm about to see whats up with the Vaughn Cube for music theory tutorial not sure about that one yet. Also analyze your favorite songs as far as chord structures and melodies go
kenstowicz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Two fresh
Old 30-08-2014, 06:51 AM   #9
kenstowicz
Regular Freak
kenstowicz will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

thanks for the key chord.com very convient
kenstowicz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #10
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 176860
Thanked 3,537 Times in 2,108 Posts

The jazz piano book by Mark levine. ... If you wish to learn the piano.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 11:33 PM   #11
Fareed
Analog Lurker
Fareed is a jewel in the roughFareed is a jewel in the roughFareed is a jewel in the roughFareed is a jewel in the rough
Cairo
MC Status: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar Joe View Post
Lypur on the YouPoop has some great videos on music theory, all piano based.
Yeah, this guy is awesome, friendly and extremely fun. I was about to post a thread sharing his stuff but found out that someone already shared. so yeah, definitely check him out.

Advertisements

Fareed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote