[acid/techno/idm] Boathemp - Boathemp
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 26-10-2016, 06:01 PM   #1
soladb
Microknight
soladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to behold
Michigan
MC Status: 907
[acid/techno/idm] Boathemp - Boathemp

New track for ya'll, yo, keep it real etc

Advertisements

------------------
soladb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [acid/techno/idm] Boathemp - Boathemp.
Old 28-10-2016, 05:10 PM   #2
turtleneck
Granular Poster
turtleneck has a spectacular aura aboutturtleneck has a spectacular aura aboutturtleneck has a spectacular aura about
The sticks
MC Status: 210
Re: [acid/techno/idm] Boathemp - Boathemp

This was really cool.
Love the evil acid vibe. The 808 is real punchy and sounds almost like it was recorded straight to tape. There seemed to be some kind of hi cut and the 808. For my money, it's a bit too severe. It makes the snare sound a bit odd, but that might just be me.
But it does make it sound retro as fuck, and the tune was really good!

------------------
Come on, eat your desiccated squid and marinated fennel,
or you won't be allowed to watch Akira Kurosawa's Throne of Blood.
Or any of his oeuvre.
turtleneck is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 02:45 AM   #3
soladb
Microknight
soladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to beholdsoladb is a splendid one to behold
Michigan
MC Status: 907

thanks for the feedback!

cut some highs and added noise back in with bitcrush and distortion on the drums, was going for a noisy sound in general with the song

------------------
soladb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 04:53 PM   #4
Emmanuel G.
Microknight
Emmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2310

I didn't expect much, and it turns out that was well worth the listen, great composition, great atmosphere. I love it, even tho I didn't expect to
Emmanuel G. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 10:37 AM   #5
Orray
Soundscaper
Orray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

'This started off a bit strange for my liking, but once the acidy bass comes through it all makes sense and made me wiggle my toes. Really into it

------------------
Orray is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 01:38 PM   #6
Vibe Origin
Analog Lurker
Vibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

The acid riff is wicked. The detuned pads are kind of creepy. I like the steppish drums. Good track.
Vibe Origin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 06:30 PM   #7
MFXxx
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1843977

Love acid, this tracks not really my flavour but I do like the riff around 4.22 mark, could listen to just that with the beat taking it for a ride.. For me I dont like the second riff line and that cymbal sounds off. But thats just me!

Otherwise listening in... I did however enjoy "behind the disguise" on your SC account.

------------------
My Tinkerings
https://hearthis.at/mystafx/
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Not forgetting the awesome Beat Battle Subs
https://hearthis.at/mfxxx/
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 07:49 PM   #8
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 310

not necessarily my style, but I do like the composition and the tonality of the drums the cymbals at the 344 mark kinda hurt my body a bit but that may be a style thing very apocalyptic sounding which I like

Advertisements

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote