[Electro] Brogner - INDACLUB
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 18-05-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Bergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin
MC Status: 4210
[Electro] Brogner - INDACLUB

Hey

This is just an exercise in mixing/ mastering/ with some song writing thrown in

Any feed back on whats lacking or too strong is what I am looking for. Thanks guys

Advertisements

------------------
Bergnermd is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electro] Brogner - INDACLUB.
Old 19-05-2018, 02:01 AM   #2
jakedrexler
Regular Freak
jakedrexler is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: [Electro] Brogner - INDACLUB

HEY! I commented on a song you posted recently (work sucks) on this forum and thought I'd give you some more feedback if you wanted! First off the synth that starts at the very beginning sounds kinda flat and personally I don't enjoy the synth you used (that's just personal preference) HOWEVER the percussive mallets you have playing at the beginning are great and add a lot of "grit" and uniqueness. I also like how it progresses from 0:30 onwards. In fact I think they could be brought in earlier and the intro before 0:30 could be cut a bit shorter. The transition at 1:00 is kinda cool but a bit jarring. I'm not sure how you'd accomplish a smoother transition but that's where the fun/creativity is for you to decide.

I know you said that this was a exercise in mixing but unfortunately, I'm pretty garbage at mixing lol. Sometimes I send my stems to other people to mix it just so I KNOW it'll sound better than mine. BUT I will try to critique the mix here.

For the most part the mixing is pretty spot on (to my ears) and nothing much clashes (at least on my speaker setup) The lead synth in the beginning could be turned up a bit. It might help it sound bigger and "fatter." The synth that also kicks in at 1:00 could use a BIT more hi pass filtering to help the kick cut through. (Also side note I love the synth at at 1:34; both the melody, and the actual synth sample used.)

That's about all I kind help with the mixing. There's not that many instruments going on that would clash and causing any masking so that probably helps the mix sound cleaner.

Cool shit! I also listened to and favorited your song "Anxious Body."

Hope my critique helped!

Let me know if you need anything!

Last edited by jakedrexler; 19-05-2018 at 02:26 AM..
jakedrexler is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #3
Bergnermd
Soundscaper
Bergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond reputeBergnermd has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin
MC Status: 4210

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedrexler View Post
HEY! I commented on a song you posted recently (work sucks) on this forum and thought I'd give you some more feedback if you wanted! First off the synth that starts at the very beginning sounds kinda flat and personally I don't enjoy the synth you used (that's just personal preference) HOWEVER the percussive mallets you have playing at the beginning are great and add a lot of "grit" and uniqueness. I also like how it progresses from 0:30 onwards. In fact I think they could be brought in earlier and the intro before 0:30 could be cut a bit shorter. The transition at 1:00 is kinda cool but a bit jarring. I'm not sure how you'd accomplish a smoother transition but that's where the fun/creativity is for you to decide.

I know you said that this was a exercise in mixing but unfortunately, I'm pretty garbage at mixing lol. Sometimes I send my stems to other people to mix it just so I KNOW it'll sound better than mine. BUT I will try to critique the mix here.

For the most part the mixing is pretty spot on (to my ears) and nothing much clashes (at least on my speaker setup) The lead synth in the beginning could be turned up a bit. It might help it sound bigger and "fatter." The synth that also kicks in at 1:00 could use a BIT more hi pass filtering to help the kick cut through. (Also side note I love the synth at at 1:34; both the melody, and the actual synth sample used.)

That's about all I kind help with the mixing. There's not that many instruments going on that would clash and causing any masking so that probably helps the mix sound cleaner.

Cool shit! I also listened to and favorited your song "Anxious Body."

Hope my critique helped!

Let me know if you need anything!

Hey, Thanks alot for the feed back. The first thing I wrote is at the 30 second mark, after I wrote it I had to figure out how I was going to build up to that part. That's hard for me to do and I will definatly work on that some more. The synth at the 1 minute mark could use something i guess and the synth bass patch at 1:34 is pretty cool, just a basic 1/8th note pattern, but it worked.

Thanks!

------------------
Bergnermd is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 06:34 PM   #4
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 55610
Thanked 1,112 Times in 732 Posts

I like the bass design wizardry. It might be worth sidechaining the bass to the kick so that the kick stands out more, or just simply making the kick / beat more audible in the mix over all.

Sorry for the lack of more in-depth critique, but I think this one is definitely worth fleshing out entirely because it has a pretty good feel to it as it is.

Advertisements

Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote