breakcore - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Breakcore / Breakbeat / Drum & Bass Discussion of music similar to Noisia, Amon Tobin, Venetian Snares, Prodigy.

Old 16-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #221
barthard47
Regular Freak
barthard47 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: breakcore

also Hypnoskull - "Electronic Music Means War To Us 2", this year's release on Ant-Zen, a follow up to his 2001 release, combines breakcore, industrial and some more unexpected things

Advertisements

barthard47 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #222
eery
Soundwave Mangler
eery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond repute
Gjøvik
MC Status: 3910

I like sabrepulse a lot, but Ive never really delved into chipbreak.

Any other breakcore/chipbreak artist similar to that, anyone knows of?

------------------

"Get yourself together, man. Move to Philly. Buy a loft. Start a noise band.
Get six or seven roommates… eat hummus with them.
Book some gigs. Paint. Smoke cloves.
Listen to Animal Collective. Start some type of salsa company."
eery is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #223
barthard47
Regular Freak
barthard47 is currently spamming hard

chipbreak! never heard that term before, but maybe it's the sound of R10t33r, he has a release on Chiptrash, very good stuff, he also makes breakcore as Rioteer
barthard47 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:19 PM   #224
HypnoticImplant
Analog Lurker
HypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to beholdHypnoticImplant is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660

Checked out a couple of latest releases by Enduser. They're pretty OK, but kinda unrewarding. I liked tracks with Sol Thomas, he sounds just like Trent Reznor, haha.

The Blood of Heroes, a superband that Enduser is also a part of is also unremarkable, despite quite a legendary line-up. They have a couple of good tunes, but in general they're kinda meh.
HypnoticImplant is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 06:00 AM   #225
bIOtAPEstry
Microknight
bIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to behold
Sydney
MC Status: 660

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterVulture View Post
Been really stuck on Speak Onion lately.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

So excited to see him play in a moth, all hardware live PA
Sadistic sounds mate. heavy tune. have a see what hes using for those tearout envelopes!

------------------
Please like my Facebook page!!
https://www.facebook.com/nomadicjurassic
bIOtAPEstry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #226
rejectrecordsv
Learning The Ropes
rejectrecordsv is currently spamming hard
Michigan (near Detroit)

Acrnym is great and really underrated. I wish that guy would make a new album. Looks like there's a bandcamp at least! acrnym.bandcamp
rejectrecordsv is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2014, 06:01 PM   #227
Damnton
Regular Freak
Damnton will become famous soon enoughDamnton will become famous soon enough
Belgium
MC Status: 110

wan bushi and audiotist are big too

belgian breakcore
Damnton is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #228
Trusty Steed
IDMf Artist
Trusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MC
MC Status: 272295720
Thanked 2,665 Times in 1,571 Posts

Bong-Ra is sick live, man. See him if you get the chance.

Anyway, this EP is insane:

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fid View Post
Ben Steed is an art beacon, a lighthouse of abundant radiance shining on the dark corners of the world.
Yeah, but he needs to rock out more.
Trusty Steed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Trusty Steed
Lug (27-09-2014)
Old 31-10-2014, 05:01 PM   #230
c43d35
Learning The Ropes
c43d35 will become famous soon enough
Leipzig
MC Status: 60

i played last weekend on a party called "irrlichter" (fen fires) in leipzig germany

www (dot) mixcloud (dot) com/o0ocaedeso0o/caedes-irrlichter-villa-keller-25102014/

i ripped some of my old vinyls to play some classics.
not bc-only. some mental-breaks from flashbbulb, yee-king, subjex, bogdan raczynski, doormouse, busta rhymes etc

maybe you enjoy it, like i, when i'm playing it.
c43d35 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #231
c43d35
Learning The Ropes
c43d35 will become famous soon enough
Leipzig
MC Status: 60

in memory of our old club ak-47 in calbe germany
a lot of live- and dj-sets (eiterherd, electric kettle, aaron spectre, ed cox, c64, istari lasterfahrer, kowareta hyoushi, amboss, zombieflesheater, ashtar dxd and many more)

ak-47 (dot) caedes (dot) eu

2005 - 2008
RIP!
c43d35 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2015, 02:07 AM   #232
Trusty Steed
IDMf Artist
Trusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MC

There's an album I'm looking for, and I have no idea how to find it so the best thing to do is to describe the artwork which has always stuck out for me. I first saw it on here, probably about 7/8 years ago, and not again since I lost it on an older computer.

The artwork, from what I can remember, is a photograph of a city at night, concentrating on the road. I seem to remember it may have been Japanese. It was raining heavily, but there was also an animated character or something like that on top, juxtaposing from the photo. Was amazing to look at. Musically I guess it was breakcore of some kind, but maybe quite a messy style, I dunno.

Ring any bells with anyone? I am adamant to discover this album again.

------------------
Quote:
Quote:
Ben Steed is an art beacon, a lighthouse of abundant radiance shining on the dark corners of the world.
Old 30-07-2015, 08:08 AM   #233
djoxygen
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9390679

i was curious. what makes the top breakcore artists stand out? do breakcore artists get credit from technical production, i'm assuming from using customization of effects as well as original sounds and varities of glitch, drone, noise, static, polyrhythms, etc. OR, is it how listenable the tracks are? because listening to benn jordan's debut, that was seriously listenable, and intricate, but what brought him to where he is today in terms of his music alone? i think i need alot more time listening to breakcore but comparing aphex twin, that seems to be much much more avant garde, which makes me kinda confused...

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

"and the decades of what appears to have been unnecessary fearmongering"
djoxygen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to djoxygen
jVs (30-07-2015)
Old 30-07-2015, 08:34 AM   #234
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105318139
Thanked 1,000 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoxygen View Post
i was curious. what makes the top breakcore artists stand out? do breakcore artists get credit from technical production, i'm assuming from using customization of effects as well as original sounds and varities of glitch, drone, noise, static, polyrhythms, etc. OR, is it how listenable the tracks are? because listening to benn jordan's debut, that was seriously listenable, and intricate, but what brought him to where he is today in terms of his music alone? i think i need alot more time listening to breakcore but comparing aphex twin, that seems to be much much more avant garde, which makes me kinda confused...
Breakcore/Breakbeat is indeed an intricate genre. In my own opinion I judge tracks in terms of technicality and depth, So originality stands out and is appreciated in my pov as a great track as opposed to a beat (no pun intended) to death, recycled amen loop. In a sense, I feel that there are striking resemblance in breaks and IDM, The only thing that really separates the two is tempo. I have probably only served to confuse you further because now I have confused myself.

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #235
djoxygen
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9390679

Quote:
Originally Posted by jVs View Post
Breakcore/Breakbeat is indeed an intricate genre. In my own opinion I judge tracks in terms of technicality and depth, So originality stands out and is appreciated in my pov as a great track as opposed to a beat (no pun intended) to death, recycled amen loop. In a sense, I feel that there are striking resemblance in breaks and IDM, The only thing that really separates the two is tempo. I have probably only served to confuse you further because now I have confused myself.
no u stated what i have heard from tons of breakcore/idm fans- technicality rules over all. i think i need to research technicality. what are se great examples? i own drukqs so i got that already.

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

"and the decades of what appears to have been unnecessary fearmongering"
djoxygen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 06:41 PM   #236
Trusty Steed
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoxygen View Post
no u stated what i have heard from tons of breakcore/idm fans- technicality rules over all. i think i need to research technicality. what are se great examples? i own drukqs so i got that already.
Technicality, production quality, composition, 'originality'... It's all subjective at the end of the day, but most of it's banging.

------------------
Quote:
Quote:
Currently Listening To: dj Skull Vomit
Old 11-10-2015, 03:29 PM   #237
unhealth
Learning The Ropes
unhealth has a spectacular aura aboutunhealth has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

youtube.com/watch?v=CXvnh_FMfYY

With that title I did not expect such an insanely incredible track!
unhealth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:05 AM   #238
thanatos
Master of the LFO
thanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MC
MC Status: 733586

hope you like it

------------------
thanatos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 11:43 PM   #239
thanatos
Master of the LFO
thanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MC
MC Status: 733586

Advertisements

------------------
thanatos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote