[FAWM]Buddy Cops FAWM thread
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 08-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #1
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
redeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MC
Iowa
MC Status: 12331
[FAWM]Buddy Cops FAWM thread

I think xnoisex and relic have the right idea.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Nanoloop FAWM songs 1 and 2
Made in nanoloop for iphone

3 - I mean, that's why they wrote it
The most interesting thing about this one is probably that the snare/hat thing and the hat that's panned to the right during the second half are made by retriggering loops that are at the wrong tempo.

4 - Take that 808 up an octave

I didn't put as much time into this as I should have, but I didn't like where it was going and I have some other stuff with 808s in them that I would rather work on.

5 - A snail with a trail that's long

I've been holding off on posting this one because I wanted to add vocals of some sort to it, but I think it's best to just put it up and come back to it when I have more time. The bassline from the last song is stolen from this one

6 - Suplex XLVII:The Crayoning
This one is a poorly played, poorly looped slide guitar with some some noises improvised vocals over the top. I inadvertantly quoted like 5 radiohead songs and a wilco song. I was aiming for 'bad in a good way," but I don't know if I succeeded

7 - 54 deg north
This one is like a slightly improved variation on some ideas I was messing around with a long time ago.

8 - Oculus
A drum and bass thing

9 - Funnel cake
I was trying to make a beat that sounds like some of the stuff from the new Underachievers mixtape. I was trying to leave space for a hypothetical rapper, but I don't know how well that worked out

10 - we feed them and they give us words
I was going for folk/acoustic Why you never beecame a dancer by Whitehouse, but less agressive and loud and mean.

11 - Bow before your god Webster
Soundcloud made the kicks all ringy in this one.

12 - Distinctly joyless weight training
The open hat sample isn't quite long enough, but I really like the closed hat that accompanies it, so it's still there.

13 - Furniture store of your dreams
Too repetitive, but oh well

14 - Bold art deco kitchen design
Did not save the best for last

Last edited by redeyeglasses; 01-03-2013 at 03:33 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
i am nothing more or less than my own big ass
redeyeglasses is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [FAWM]Buddy Cops FAWM thread.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #2
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
redeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MC
Iowa
Re: [FAWM]Buddy Cops FAWM thread

New song up

------------------
Old 09-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8584030
Thanked 7,862 Times in 5,530 Posts

I think the intro on the first one could use some filling out, but I like where you are going with it. That little melodic bit in the background . When it all starts to fall together I'm with you. Nice groove. That field recording is interesting. I might do something a bit less percussive, it throws the beat off. But I like that it goes from 808 kit w/ melody to soundscape.

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
coming soon...monthly mix series...Tunes That Go Boom
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #4
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
Iowa

Thanks for the advice relic. I'll probably come back to the track later.

Also, one more up today

------------------
Old 14-02-2013, 03:58 AM   #5
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
Iowa

Two new ones up

------------------
Old 14-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #6
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5750043

Really like the percussion like sound that comes in at around 45 seconds. Nice effect on it. It also works well with the bass. Would love to hear some of the drums from the 2nd part mixed in with the first pattern. Those were fun to listen to.

EDIT - Sorry I listened to Oculus.

------------------
Say YES!

bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #7
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
Iowa

Thanks. Those drums are made by putting a break through a gate that had a really short attack and release and some other parameters that I don't understand the purpose of turned way up.

------------------
Old 15-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #8
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69860
Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,035 Posts

Sorry I havent been on top with checking out your tracks, but I agree, Oculus is amazing, drum wise,

at 1:23, I started to sway in that rhythm, I just freaking love it, the second part sounds like what oatbags makes drum n bass(which doesnt suprise me I saw him comment in it) but its not the same you know?

anyways, Seriously enjoyed the tune,

I also listend to 54 degres north, it wasnt really remarkable to be honest,

but the suplex one? really reminds me of like 5 different songs??

but is that all you? if so thats really awesome man, and I think that song could fit perfectly in a skins episode haha!

anyways, big ups on those two man, I hope I see moreeeee cheers!
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #9
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
Iowa

Thanks. Yeah, the suplex one is just the guitar loop (and another guitar part that comes in toward the end), a couple vocal tracks, and then the ocean sample, a few little snippets from a US government movie about dust testing and a recording of some monkeys sped way up. I made up the vocals as I recorded them, and when I went back and listened almost everything I sang sounded really familiar but I could only recognize a few things, so I don't know how many people I ripped off.

------------------
Old 21-02-2013, 01:33 AM   #10
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
Iowa

Another new one

------------------
Old 21-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Funnel Cake: I think there are plenty of room for vocals. If I was braver I'd offer to have a go...not that I can rap or sign...but...it wouldn't take much to add enough interest for this to be an instrumental. Love the 808 you sexy bitch. Tune it and have it be a melodic element.

Oculus: Yeeeeaaaaa boi! I love me some jungle. It starts off a bit strange beat wise, also, I feel like the strings are abrupt and should be featured more heavily. Really reminds me of old school jungle, like old old school. Some more dirt and grit please : )

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB
Old 21-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #12
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 81041050
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,701 Posts

the last one is a funny 808 trap-ish beat. The ghost train melodies are fun
my favourite is still the snail trail - I love simple, joyful & contemplating tracks. and the drum break added at the end is enough to make you love to listen to the whole thing (could last a bit longer though)

the jungle beat (I have that drum break in my sample library too) - the last bar fill gets weird when it's looped, it really marks the "end and beginning" of the sample you looped, maybe get rid of it and write your own little fills. The pad sounds pretty cool and changes the mood a bit, that's cool
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #13
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
Iowa

Thanks guys. I was kind of worried that the distortion on the kick in funnel cake would be too much, I don't really know how to handle the overdrive plugin that comes with Reaper. I'm glad it wasn't

------------------
Old 23-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #14
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran

the melody and the track really, it reminds me of like brave fencer musashi, I cant remember the place, but It was spooky man. So thats what I get from it so far, I'm relistening to it again to make sure i remember it.

Anyways The break with all the clicking and snares and hihat stuff, really adds to the creepy atmostphere, like creeking or something from a skeleton starting to move again or something,

I really like it now the second listen through it, Also, nice kicks man, I thought it was cool how you stuck in the high pitched one, really gives this a groove.

Also I hear faintly this thin sounding piano/pluck? I thought it might be cool if you tried making it a little louder in the mix so its where a little more noticable as I just picked it up on the end of the song, I realized it was there.

anyways man good one

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Old 24-02-2013, 03:22 AM   #15
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
Iowa

I uploaded a new thing

------------------
Old 24-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #16
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
San Fran

our new one has a slight hispanic/latin sound to it, the guitar just gives alot of the impression of it, and the vocals sounding like its coming from a loudspeaker is cool too man, reminds me of like a event or speech to a crowd,

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Old 26-02-2013, 02:51 AM   #17
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5750043

I like the little noise effect at the start. It's fun trying to find ways to get noise like that to fit with stuff.

I like the acoustic guitar with the vocal but it seems like it's not following anything. Sounds really cool though. Just got to the end, was that multiple layers of it together or different patterns on each?

I really like the distant nature of the vocal too

------------------
Say YES!

bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #18
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
Iowa

The guitar is double tracked for most of the song, and then two more layers come in at the end. Toward the end I sort of started accenting the strums like it was in 6/8, but the two layers were at different tempos and started at different times. The noise at the beginning was just me fretting and grabbing my pick.

I put two new ones up. I think I might actually be able to pull off 14

------------------
Old 27-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #19
DJ Planetside
Knob Twiddler
DJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant futureDJ Planetside has a brilliant future
Las Vegas
MC Status: 1960

Snails with a trail makes me imagine riding a tricycle down a new york street on a sunny day as a 5 year old waiting for an ice cream truck.
Its good.
DJ Planetside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #20
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

We feed them: for some reason this reminds me of a bit of Neutral Milk Hotel, which if you've not heard of them...you should really, really give them a listen. Not quite as complex as them, but something about it. Anyway, I dig it. Instead of actually doing more to the guitar (awesome that you play BTW) playing/recording wise. I'd just process it in the computer now. Or even chop up the guitar track, do reverse, automate a tremeloed reverb (tremolo after the reverb : ). I like how the vocals are way in the back and their tone is that they are laying down some heavy political truths, but I can't quite make out the words.

Advertisements

------------------
Tunes That Go Boom 001

InTheAM on MixCloud
@DJInTheAM on FB