Who's your favorite musician and why?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #1
Khaotikai
Digital Surfer
Khaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MC
'MERICA
MC Status: 2607214
Who's your favorite musician and why?

Mine is the guys from Jimmy Eat World. They affected my life so much and showed me music is really subjective and is all about individuality. I have a lot of other alternatives, but they are definitely my favorite.

I'm actually surprised this hasn't been a topic yet.

Advertisements

------------------
Mindfuck me.
1 + (228) 382-8209
Khaotikai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Jon_Evo
Granular Poster
Jon_Evo has a spectacular aura aboutJon_Evo has a spectacular aura aboutJon_Evo has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210
Re: Who's your favorite musician and why?

Rise against have always been a fave of mine regardless of what style I'm into
Jon_Evo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80996280
Thanked 4,121 Times in 2,675 Posts

I don't put people on piedestals, my likings in music are horizontal
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
YvesB
Minor Glitch
YvesB has a spectacular aura aboutYvesB has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

I used to love Green Day, but now regarding to edm i quite love Nicky Romero, Hardwell. Thoose guys keep innovating and making some really sick tracks that are just adictive to listen
YvesB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 34650
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts

Favorites is hard to play, Alpha Conspiracy, Mike Oldfield, Michael Manring, most of the blokes from Genesis (Gabriel, Collins, Hackett, Banks, Rutherford) Richard James, Tom Jenkinson, Thom Yorke, Andy? Jenkinson (of ceephax fame - Tom's little brother) Tim Exile, Beth Gibbons, Dolores Oridoran, David Gahan, Martin Gore, Getty Lee, Robert Smith, Myself, Nobuo Uematsu, Yu Miyake, Yoko Shimomura, Noriyuki Iwadare, Izuho Takefuchi (Ippo) and Bo Uwabo, Koji Kondo, Michiru Yamane, Junya Nakano, Brian Warner, "Madonna Wayne Gacy" (let's face it he got fucked over by manson and his synthesis is the best thing about their first couple albums) Those blokes from Plaid, Autechre, Iris, and Tera Melos, that Mike Paradinas guy, The Gasman and JEGA... Lots and lots more...

Why? Because I don't pick favorites, they've all had an enormous influence on me. Including myself.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to PROton42
Trusty Steed (09-09-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Musician or artist?

What first got me into what I like today probably consists of The Caretaker, Lunar Miasma, Emeralds, Sewer Election, Noma, Kylie Minoise, Burial Ground, Seconds In Formaldehyde, Dead Machines, Blood Stereo & more recently Mordant Karma, Lovebrrd, Mytrip and Mole Hole. There's a big list of shit nobody will ever be able to relate to.

Long story short, these artists were and continue to be a huge inspiration to me. They got me into sounds, tones, ambiance, noise, and listening to music for the experience, rather than a 'cool guitarist' 'awesome drummer' or whatever I used to look for when I was a big metalhead. I've also learned a lot from these artists because production and quality isn't any part of their allure; it's pure songwriting or field sampling. That's my story, thanks for reading bro.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
Khaotikai (09-09-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
The Nung River
MC Status: 89280723
Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,199 Posts

The Aphex twins.

I like their stuff.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenna View Post
What is this vile sencesorcery? Be gone with ye, witch!
Sencesor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8564780
Thanked 7,477 Times in 5,279 Posts

I'm not going to go through and make a list of artist I like because there is no way I can pick just one. I have a hard enough time with things like "Your Top 3 Albums of All Time". And explaining why is even more difficult. Most of the time, its really subjective. The way certain musicians do things connect with me. Others don't.

I could get into picking a part things using theory and other academic-y stuffs, but that feels too much like graduate school, and I've had about enough of academic discussion ruining things I love to last me a lifetime.

The Chemical Brothers and Goldie (of Metalheadz fame) are the two electronic artists that made me first have the thought, "I want to do what they do" . Couldnt tell you why!

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #9
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 124360
Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,458 Posts

One musician or a group of musicians known as a band? I'm confused.

Tim Hecker. Drone and drone and distortion and more drone. I like drone!
Aaron Turner. Formed ISIS and Hydra Head Records. Best thing in the world after chocolate cookies.
Geir Jenssen (Biosphere). Pretty much the reason why I make ambient music and use field recordings.
Brian Williams (Lustmord). That dude looks like old Gordon Freeman. Also, the place where the dark star hangs. He seems to be a cool guy to be hang out with.
Jesper Kyd. My favourite game composer. Always will be. His soundtracks left a huge mark in my head.
Cloudkicker. I don't know, he shows how one-man band can be so awesome.
end.user. I like how he breaks things. Also, huge inspiration to me. Amen.
Jonas Renkse. That guy from Katatonia. Love his vocal.
Toby Driver. maudlin on the Wall, Kayo Dot and all secret side projects... Interesting guy.
Devin Townsend. I like him being bald.
Neil Fallon. Clutch frontman. Makes me want to be 'merican and ride SUV.

Enough for today.

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #10
RaidenBeats
Fuck 'er Right N Da Pussy
RaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MC
Ur Lil Sisters Wet Dream
MC Status: 41760

John lennon

------------------
Im looking for people to collaborate with on artistic projects. I am currently looking for a couple artists who can draw very well that want to work on a comic book
RaidenBeats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #11
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

autechre
uziq
aphex twin
dilla

i have been inspired by these 4 the most in my music i think

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #12
XMtS
Regular Freak
XMtS has a spectacular aura aboutXMtS has a spectacular aura about
California
MC Status: 160

TOBACCO
Damon Albarn
others I can' t remember right now
XMtS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #13
Spiritos
Ghostly
Spiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond repute
Amsterdam
MC Status: 7010

Tom Waits by miles!

A true musician, a poet, performer, multi instrumentalist, experimentalist and evolutionist.
Intelligent, humourous, dark, light and ever surprising.

------------------
Win8.1 64x/Sonar X3/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC 222/Washburn D12/Behringer BCF2000 & BCF2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT2020/2xB5/Sennheiser E 825s/Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502
Spiritos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Spiritos
RaidenBeats (11-09-2013)
Old 11-09-2013, 05:34 AM   #14
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45947981
Thanked 5,796 Times in 3,640 Posts

First one that comes to mind is Peter Wichers, the original guitar player from Soilwork (who's not in that band any more) since he sort of upped the game when it comes to riffing and shredding in my little bubble-like view of the music world. Of course I can't name a fave as picking favorites doesn't really cross my mind much these days.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #15
hotwatermusic
Master of the LFO
hotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2460

When i was younger i was a fan of Steve Harris(Iron Maiden) for his bass playing style, music, stage presence. Nowadays i'm not fascinated by anyone.
hotwatermusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #16
slugware
Master of the LFO
slugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MC
MC Status: 571251

if i had to point just one :

Dave Tipper all the way. why - fucking love his music

------------------
slugware is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #17
Akiak
Sample Destroyer
Akiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to beholdAkiak is a splendid one to behold
Napoli
MC Status: 960

I can't say really, I also don't like idolizing anyone. But I do admire John Coltrane, Erik Satie, Debussy, John Zorn, Daft Punk, Trentemoller, Aphex Twin, BT, Fischerspooner. If I had to choose...I'd say Satie or Zorn.
Akiak is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Akiak
Lug (11-09-2013)
Old 11-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #18
Hexensohn
Minor Glitch
Hexensohn is currently spamming hard
Hamburg
MC Status: 10

Future Sound Of London - because they create only music that in my ears is timeless and are my favourties for about 2 decades.
Hexensohn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #19
Stereo Surgeon
Savage Mad Cunt
Stereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MC
Bumblefuck, GA
MC Status: 12606224

Prydz - Cirez D - Pryda

Has one of the deepest and richest unique prog sounds in the game.
Next level emotion in most tracks, and he tells stories with his music. Its more than just smooth beats.
And his live sets, Nuff said if you have been lucky enough to see one.

beyond that proly: Bro Safari, Feed Me, Pretty lights, Diplo, or Andrew Bayer

all are artists that raise the bar when rest of the industry plateaus.

------------------
Stereo Surgeon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 04:26 AM   #20
EMG
Regular Freak
EMG will become famous soon enoughEMG will become famous soon enough
Miami
MC Status: 110

deadmau5, he is the most creative electronic music artist out there, all his tracks are differnt and complicated, you could be litseing to some chords, then listen to failbait, then strobe, and raise your weapons, there's all different, and with that much more, he is if not the best, then the most talented artist

Advertisements

EMG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to EMG
RaidenBeats (15-09-2013)