[Down Tempo/Electronica] E-fence - Marine Life
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 19-07-2018, 05:55 PM   #1
E-Fence
Granular Poster
E-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1110
[Down Tempo/Electronica] E-fence - Marine Life

Posting a track I thought I finished a bit back. After giving it some time I am thinking about adjusting the mix and balancing the bass a little. also thinking about rerecording/editing my timing on the synth halfway through. I liked the loose timing at first but am thinking about tightening it up. anyway, any feedback welcome.

Advertisements

E-Fence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Down Tempo/Electronica] E-fence - Marine Life.
Old 20-07-2018, 01:03 AM   #2
tvmcc
Soundscaper
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522754
Re: [Down Tempo/Electronica] E-fence - Marine Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Fence View Post
Posting a track I thought I finished a bit back. After giving it some time I am thinking about adjusting the mix and balancing the bass a little. also thinking about rerecording/editing my timing on the synth halfway through. I liked the loose timing at first but am thinking about tightening it up. anyway, any feedback welcome.
Pretty wet!

I like the late strikes, and descendant feel there. What my ears are hearing on that section though is the synth becoming dry with little to no FX, and everything else behind it being filtered to create the tension you create for the next build up. Also wondering what the mix would sound like if it sat further back behind everything else, the lead synth that is.

Don't know if it is just me, but the snares tail seems to clash a bit with the HH/Cymbls. Maybe sweep out a bit of the higher freq. there.

Fun subtle glitches, structure, melodies, and mood. The atmosphere created by the Fx's and dub style bass truly give it a water vibe.

Thanks for sharing.
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 01:14 AM   #3
PhiJayy
Microknight
PhiJayy will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

This is awesome it’s really atmospheric sounding got an interesting flow as well
At the 5 min mark I really dig the sound of the bass it’s arrangged really nicely.
The track kind of reminds me of art of noise a bit for some reason.
very chill very chill

------------------
PhiJayy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 01:16 PM   #4
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5750093

I get what you mean on the synth. Feels a little disjointed at times. Could tighten up the timing for sure but add somebdelay to maybe keep it feeling the way you're trying to play. And the bellish sounds you have playing throughout, possibly pit it out.

Is a really chill track, for sure. Have fun tweaking it out.

------------------
Say YES!

bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 04:05 PM   #5
E-Fence
Granular Poster
E-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud ofE-Fence has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
I get what you mean on the synth. Feels a little disjointed at times. Could tighten up the timing for sure but add somebdelay to maybe keep it feeling the way you're trying to play. And the bellish sounds you have playing throughout, possibly pit it out.

Is a really chill track, for sure. Have fun tweaking it out.
Thanks everyone, differently going to try the suggestions out plus these suggestionsgave me some ideas too. Sounds like the bass mix is probably good then.
E-Fence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 11:00 AM   #6
Andrew_Winds
Sample Destroyer
Andrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MCAndrew_Winds is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 247250

Very nice, very atmospheric. Some of the wetness is definitely offset by the bass and the sharpness of some of the elements of the mix, especially when the bass kicks in. It's an interesting harmony between the mids and highs, but the lows are sort of just there. IMO, everything I want to hear in this song is happening in the midrange, which isn't fantastic. Everything else is sort of static. I really like it though, don't get me wrong, I'm about to fall asleep to this shit. lol

Bottom line, consider the entire range of sound when you're mixing, make everything stand out on it's own and blend together. If it's interesting enough to listen to by itself, it'll be good in the mix, IMO.

Advertisements

------------------
My Soundcloud
Latest:
Andrew_Winds is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote