[glitch] beats - Tale Twist Unreleased
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 16-01-2018, 01:52 PM   #1
joaoricardo
Soundwave Mangler
joaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3280
[glitch] beats - Tale Twist Unreleased - Help needed

I would really like some feedback. I am having problems with mastering the final track due to headphones issue. The track doesn't sound good in normal headphones at all.
I could really use some help

Advertisements

------------------
joaoricardo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [glitch] beats - Tale Twist Unreleased.
Old 16-01-2018, 06:14 PM   #2
Adelina
Soundwave Mangler
Adelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to allAdelina is a name known to all
MC Status: 610
Re: [glitch] beats - Tale Twist Unreleased

In my headphones, the track does not sound good either. Sorry, but I did not like it at all. You need a bit more melody even in your genre.
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 06:50 PM   #3
Inna Selez
Radial Developer
Inna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of lightInna Selez is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

Well it`s hard to listen. I know it's glitch, but I think the melody needs some kind of structure anyway. Keep working!
Inna Selez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 06:45 PM   #4
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England
MC Status: 110

I would say the mastering sounds fine for what it is. It sounds like a super glitchy noise track with a 16th note feel. Very abrasive to the ears, which seems to be the intended feel. If it were me, I'd put a groovy bass line and a fat drum beat, and probably a lowpass filter on everything you have so far....then maybe some rhodes sound....but I like my beats a lot more chill

How did you make this? What was your approach?
DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 12:59 PM   #5
joaoricardo
Soundwave Mangler
joaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond reputejoaoricardo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inna Selez View Post
Well it`s hard to listen. I know it's glitch, but I think the melody needs some kind of structure anyway. Keep working!
Yeah, I working on it. Actually I just left the beats and changed almost everything else. I just want to know about the mastering. It just doesnt sound right.
I added a melody and some other elements. This piece is just a sample anyways, the song itself is longer.
Thanks for your time

------------------
Old 19-01-2018, 01:10 PM   #6
joaoricardo
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatISe View Post
I would say the mastering sounds fine for what it is. It sounds like a super glitchy noise track with a 16th note feel. Very abrasive to the ears, which seems to be the intended feel. If it were me, I'd put a groovy bass line and a fat drum beat, and probably a lowpass filter on everything you have so far....then maybe some rhodes sound....but I like my beats a lot more chill

How did you make this? What was your approach?
Hey, yeah I like the track too fill the headphones totally...I have already changed it. I added a simple and mellow melody, some other elements and I took off, the bassy frequencies that were in conflict with everything else
Now there is a melody, but I'm still working on it. Sometimes melodies and walk through bass lines doesn't work at all. The big issue was the bass frequencies that were not working together at all so the track got messy on normal headphones, not all the nuances could be heard you know and thats a big issue.
I work in a generative sort of way, giving special attention to the beats, I love beats (venetian snares is my guy!!)
I use a Sampler instrument in Live and then I added a velocity and random instruments to make the beats in a probability sort of way. If you want a snapshot of it just PM me.
Then I use some slow and simple melodies to balance it out. Always like, fast and random beats with mellow melodies and some twists all the way through.
Thansk a lot for your feddback.

------------------
Old 19-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #7
joaoricardo
Soundwave Mangler

I just realised I deleted the track because the rework is on th way

------------------
Old 19-01-2018, 05:11 PM   #8
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England
MC Status: 110

Thanks for response, I look forward to hear what comes next. Sounds like you're getting a hold of the track! Good luck!
DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 07:48 PM   #9
joaoricardo
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatISe View Post
Thanks for response, I look forward to hear what comes next. Sounds like you're getting a hold of the track! Good luck!
It's all about the music anyways.....

Advertisements

------------------