Pop music assignment - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 13-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #21
Empty Reach
Banned
Empty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MC
MC Status: 297154648
Re: Pop music assignment

You HAVE to post it in this thread when your done

Advertisements

Empty Reach is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Empty Reach
Sentimental (13-09-2012)
Old 13-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #22
Empty Reach
Banned
Empty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MCEmpty Reach is a savage MC

Also, if your stuck for ideas for a pop song download a midi file for a pop song you like and rearrange it, your lecturer won't even recognise it and you'll look like some kind of prodigy
Old 13-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #23
Artifiseer
Soundscaper
Artifiseer has a reputation beyond reputeArtifiseer has a reputation beyond reputeArtifiseer has a reputation beyond reputeArtifiseer has a reputation beyond reputeArtifiseer has a reputation beyond reputeArtifiseer has a reputation beyond reputeArtifiseer has a reputation beyond reputeArtifiseer has a reputation beyond reputeArtifiseer has a reputation beyond reputeArtifiseer has a reputation beyond reputeArtifiseer has a reputation beyond repute
Fredericton
MC Status: 3460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Reach View Post
Also, if your stuck for ideas for a pop song download a midi file for a pop song you like and rearrange it, your lecturer won't even recognise it and you'll look like some kind of prodigy
Yeah, or just copy the arrangement of it, replacing the melody and chords with your own. Either way, your prof. will probably be impressed.

------------------
Artifiseer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Know Where by Holy Other
Old 13-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #24
Empty Reach
Banned

The whole Idea was to "borrow" their chords cause he doesn't know any

He can make drums, no problems there
Old 13-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #25
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390248
Thanked 2,836 Times in 1,766 Posts

I thought the idea of the assignment was to learn and gain knowledge.

Also, it's "you're".

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #26
Empty Reach
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
I thought the idea of the assignment was to learn and gain knowledge.

Also, it's "you're".
OK, point taken. I'm not helping

It was just a suggestion
Old 13-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #27
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC

Sorry. You did help.

And I forgot this smiley:

------------------
Old 13-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #28
Empty Reach
Banned

You're welcome
Old 13-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #29
Sentimental
Ask Yourself
Sentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MC
Belfast
MC Status: 755910

Im going to go in tomorrow and ask if it can be a commercial dance track or does it have to be ''pop music'' which is kind of the same thing these days but its still different if you be specific, and yea i will post it, it will be terrible tho, the only things im interested in making at the minute is techno and drum&bass, both of which are very underground genres so i cannot do neither

The idea with the arrangment of another track is a decent idea but i think this is allow to have errors as they have just give us it out of the blue and i think ill just make it verus, chorus, verus, chorus, bridge, chorus each being 16 bars and the bridge 8, or whatever...

------------------
Sentimental is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #30
Dugg Funnie
Banned
Dugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3810

in before I<3HouseMusic goes fucking platinum off this track.

Just remember who knew you when, buddy.
Dugg Funnie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #31
Empty Reach
Banned

Kyle you need to change that avatar
Old 14-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #32
Sentimental
Ask Yourself
Sentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MCSentimental is a savage MC
Belfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Reach View Post
Kyle you need to change that avatar
haha! all in good time

------------------
Old 15-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #33
yan_g
Radial Developer
yan_g is just really niceyan_g is just really niceyan_g is just really niceyan_g is just really nice
MC Status: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3HouseMusic View Post
I have an assignment for next thrusday to make a pop track, i dont have a clue were to start! the we are only allowed to use 2 chords, i dont know any chords, dont know how to write lyrics or even arrange a pop song, can anyone help i give me any videos, pdfs or webpages with some info, anything would be brilliant!
The best piece of advice you will get: give up. If you can't do that you shouldn't be making music. If it's not obvious to you you're wasting your time. I don't mean to be rude but not everybody can be a musician. If you're particularly talented in sound design maybe you can team up with a composer though, in which case you'll have to share the girls picked up at gigs according to your respective charismas. Hope that helps.

------------------
yan_g is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #34
Lug
Savage Mad Cunt
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 81042050
Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,713 Posts

If you do the E-A stuff make sure you add F# minor somewhere in there
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #35
rahoo
Granular Poster
rahoo is currently spamming hard
Texas
MC Status: 10

really late, but hope it helps somehow
this one is poppy, though not super well known, and uses two chords.

------------------
rahoo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #36
Evelon
IDMf Artist

How did it go, House guy?

------------------
Old 22-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #37
Sentimental
Ask Yourself
Belfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
How did it go, House guy?
I didnt finish it, only about a third of the class submitted something, some guys performed on the guitar etc, was really good

------------------
Old 24-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #38
ckiiln
Digital Surfer
ckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MCckiiln is a savage MC
MC Status: 47379586

You can get a lot out of two chords. You'd get a minimum of six notes, and used wisely that can be plentiful.

If you don't know about chords, learn about them. It'll make you a better musician.

Advertisements

------------------
Sleep Paralysis Therapy

ckiiln is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote