Is there a name for this scale mk2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 17-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
AsylumSeaker
Master of the LFO
AsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MC
MC Status: 245853
Is there a name for this scale mk2

Sorry, this thread again.. This one seems a little more obscure. I looked through all the basic 'eastern' scales like the arabian ones, gypsy ones, hungarian, persian, etc, and couldn't find it, nor could I identify it as a mode of any of those though I didn't look as thoroughly as I could have.

1, b2, 3, b5, 5, 6, b7

I know it's not really that useful to have the name of the scale, I mean I have the scale right there and I can use it already, what good is the name, right? But it would be nice to know so that I could look it up and see what other people have done with it.

Last edited by AsylumSeaker; 17-09-2012 at 05:33 AM..

Advertisements

AsylumSeaker is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
AsylumSeaker
Master of the LFO
AsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MCAsylumSeaker is a savage MC
Re: Is there a name for this scale mk2

I guess I'll just have to call it a major scale with a flat second, sharp fourth, and flat seventh.

Anyway, it sounds weird and I like it.
Old 17-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
mimicry
Deep Underground
mimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MC
MC Status: 6715879

Mela Ramapriya.

------------------

Mimicry - Felt Like Walking:
mimicry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
AsylumSeaker
Master of the LFO

Thanks.
I found out that it's also pretty close to the Petrushka scale.

Advertisements