[industrial / techno] New music...
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 09-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357173
[industrial / techno] New music...

A Frozen Flower

The Door of Perception

Last edited by hellscion; 05-02-2013 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: updated 'A frozen flower'..

Advertisements

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to hellscion
jVs (15-01-2013)
Rate this track - [industrial / techno] New music....
Old 10-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
carlgrace
carlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MC
San Francisco
MC Status: 14069
Re: [industrial / techno] New music...

Good stuff! I liked both but especially the Door of Perception. Is the title a reference to the book by Huxley?

I love the melodic parts on the Door of Perception quite a bit and then that bass part at about 1:50 is AWESOME. Love the rubber-bandy sound.

In both tracks your drums rock.

I'm not sure about the trance chords at 2:40 or so but I understand how they fit in the track. I think it might be a personal bias.

Really cool.

------------------
Retro 80s synthpop. Time Marches On.

http://pacificdeep.bandcamp.com
carlgrace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
a_bertrand
Minor Glitch
a_bertrand is a jewel in the rougha_bertrand is a jewel in the rougha_bertrand is a jewel in the rougha_bertrand is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

I like them, even if the sounds are a bit too synth like for me. Also somehow the frozen flower seems to distord. Could be my earplugs (chepo one here at work).
a_bertrand is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgrace View Post
Good stuff! I liked both but especially the Door of Perception. Is the title a reference to the book by Huxley?

I love the melodic parts on the Door of Perception quite a bit and then that bass part at about 1:50 is AWESOME. Love the rubber-bandy sound.

In both tracks your drums rock.

I'm not sure about the trance chords at 2:40 or so but I understand how they fit in the track. I think it might be a personal bias.

Really cool.
lol, old Aldous.. Not directly no..

I've changed that part with the chords like 100 times since i uploaded this.. it's like i have an idea of what i want to happen at that part but i'm having trouble actualy implementing it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bertrand View Post
I like them, even if the sounds are a bit too synth like for me. Also somehow the frozen flower seems to distord. Could be my earplugs (chepo one here at work).

------------------
Old 15-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
Ubh
Radial Developer
Ubh has a spectacular aura aboutUbh has a spectacular aura aboutUbh has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

You've been busy; two new tunes in one posting!

Enjoyed both tracks. Have a couple of points to make on the first track, Frozen flowers (although I suspect what I'm going to refer to is a matter of personal taste). I didn't think the section between 210-240 is quite working yet. I listen through again, skipping this section, to see if it worked better without. At first I thought it did, but in retrospect I think perhaps the track would be diminished without this development. Presently though, something about it (210-240) doesn't sit easy with me. Maybe the melody needs more of a legato feel to it?

The other thing was that I think the breakdown at 307 has one to many hits from (what might be) the snare. Again, on a point of personal taste, I'd be inclined to cut out all but the resonating cymbal a few seconds earlier. That said, from listening to your track "Conflicting realities" I can see you like sudden breakdowns, and you nail it on that track. It works really well.
Ubh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa
Kaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MC
MC Status: 52987903
Thanked 1,115 Times in 647 Posts

Of the two, Door of Perception is my favourite. The production is solid on both of them and really anything I could pick out would be a matter of taste rather than there being something wrong.
Kaede is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #7
F.E.
Minor Glitch
F.E. will become famous soon enough
Newcastle
MC Status: 60

Both well produced pieces. Ouut of the two though I prefer A Frozen Flower. Nice deep synths/bass. As soon as i heard it, i got a Fight Club feel from it, would fit right into that film. I really like it at around 3:43 where the main melody cuts out and you can just hear the the beat and the bass together with lil bellish sounds coming in and out.
F.E. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 03:59 AM   #8
Bucky TNP
Microknight
Bucky TNP is a name known to allBucky TNP is a name known to allBucky TNP is a name known to allBucky TNP is a name known to allBucky TNP is a name known to allBucky TNP is a name known to all
MC Status: 610

I really like the sound youre making, but theyre really repetitive. Maybe try and change some things a few times in the track, but it gets really tedious. It sounds great, everything is mixed really well too, but it just gets boring after a few minutes
Bucky TNP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubh View Post
You've been busy; two new tunes in one posting!

Enjoyed both tracks. Have a couple of points to make on the first track, Frozen flowers (although I suspect what I'm going to refer to is a matter of personal taste). I didn't think the section between 210-240 is quite working yet. I listen through again, skipping this section, to see if it worked better without. At first I thought it did, but in retrospect I think perhaps the track would be diminished without this development. Presently though, something about it (210-240) doesn't sit easy with me. Maybe the melody needs more of a legato feel to it?

The other thing was that I think the breakdown at 307 has one to many hits from (what might be) the snare. Again, on a point of personal taste, I'd be inclined to cut out all but the resonating cymbal a few seconds earlier. That said, from listening to your track "Conflicting realities" I can see you like sudden breakdowns, and you nail it on that track. It works really well.
Thanks man this was really insightful.. helped me to see where the track is & where it needs to go.. I think what it is, the modulating bass sound needed to be cut to pieces & turned into a more rythmic pattern, that section needed to be more elaborate & complex than the section before it, rather than less.. Thanks again though dude

------------------
Old 18-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #10
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaede View Post
Of the two, Door of Perception is my favourite. The production is solid on both of them and really anything I could pick out would be a matter of taste rather than there being something wrong.
I also liked that one more.. it came together a little easier as well.. Thank you for listening

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.E. View Post
Both well produced pieces. Ouut of the two though I prefer A Frozen Flower. Nice deep synths/bass. As soon as i heard it, i got a Fight Club feel from it, would fit right into that film. I really like it at around 3:43 where the main melody cuts out and you can just hear the the beat and the bass together with lil bellish sounds coming in and out.
Ah, cool.. Strangely enough, that isn't the first time someone has mentioned getting a Fight Club vibe from one of my songs.. anyways, Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky TNP View Post
I really like the sound youre making, but theyre really repetitive. Maybe try and change some things a few times in the track, but it gets really tedious. It sounds great, everything is mixed really well too, but it just gets boring after a few minutes
I see what you mean. these songs were both influenced a lot by like hard trance & techno stuff.. which can also sound repetitive if you're not into that. What you mention might be that both tracks kinda carry the same tone /vibe through the whole song?

------------------
Old 19-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #11
tillermann
Analog Lurker
tillermann is currently spamming hard
Düsseldorf
MC Status: 14

i do not see the repetitive/tedious part in here, good vibe/transformation/progression/atmo or whatever u call it, there is always sth goin on its not like having a pad played over and over again

frozen flower.. for me it is too synth and raw, especially the bass line which is for its rather cheap raw distortion sound very loud. well can sometimes be cool, does not work out for me here
well what can i say, other ppl think nice deep bass and has a fight club vibe (srsly, de fuck?), subjectivity is some funny stuff eh
some remark to arrangement stuff: 2.55-3.12 do also not work out for me, it is obvious what u wanted to achieve but it is rather irritating than being a "mini-build-up-atmobreak-drop"
perhaps some remixing of the drums, playing the melody in the break 2times so giving time to develop and with the drop a very small change on the melody (can also just be the sound not the pattern) so giving it more energy

door of perception
cool stuff, downloaded it have some situations in mind where i wanna hear it being mobile :p like the sounds, mixing, arrangement thus the created atmo
not sure about 0.00-1.11 as some kind of intro, the songs starts for me at 1.11. i like having some kind of intro which sticks out but it seems i have a problem with ur raw sounds(here, not in general. listening to [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, de fuck nice, so angry. for me here these raw stuff is cool, transition 1.32 real stomper haha.same for 2.15 and 2.40 for sure)
/e im too much offtopic here but wanted to add the transition from this "storm" to the next track burn is like "aaaah..." *sigh* haha well im not used to industrial stuff

Last edited by tillermann; 19-01-2013 at 12:00 PM..

------------------
Don't Adapt ♬ ♪ ♫

soundcloud.com/tillermann
tillermann is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #12
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillermann View Post
i do not see the repetitive/tedious part in here, good vibe/transformation/progression/atmo or whatever u call it, there is always sth goin on its not like having a pad played over and over again

frozen flower.. for me it is too synth and raw, especially the bass line which is for its rather cheap raw distortion sound very loud. well can sometimes be cool, does not work out for me here
well what can i say, other ppl think nice deep bass and has a fight club vibe (srsly, de fuck?), subjectivity is some funny stuff eh
some remark to arrangement stuff: 2.55-3.12 do also not work out for me, it is obvious what u wanted to achieve but it is rather irritating than being a "mini-build-up-atmobreak-drop"
perhaps some remixing of the drums, playing the melody in the break 2times so giving time to develop and with the drop a very small change on the melody (can also just be the sound not the pattern) so giving it more energy

door of perception
cool stuff, downloaded it have some situations in mind where i wanna hear it being mobile :p like the sounds, mixing, arrangement thus the created atmo
not sure about 0.00-1.11 as some kind of intro, the songs starts for me at 1.11. i like having some kind of intro which sticks out but it seems i have a problem with ur raw sounds(here, not in general. listening to [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, de fuck nice, so angry. for me here these raw stuff is cool, transition 1.32 real stomper haha.same for 2.15 and 2.40 for sure)
/e im too much offtopic here but wanted to add the transition from this "storm" to the next track burn is like "aaaah..." *sigh* haha well im not used to industrial stuff
lol, thanks for an honest reply.. Yeah I'm with you on that section of frozen flower, it doess need a little more to it. what is there is too simplistic, in a way.. I think the bass could also use some adjusting, now that you mention it. that and the kick might be like 2db too loud..

glad to hear you liked door of perception, it wouldn't have crossed my mind to remove the first 1:11 or so but that might also be a good idea.. hmm.

Some of those songs i was in a weird phase and experimenting with different sounds & styles (like 'burn' and scion hell saint), i don't actually like burn.. thinking of removing it from the SC and changing it..

anyways, thanks for listening man

------------------
Old 21-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #13
Technologic
Granular Poster
Technologic is currently spamming hard
Your face
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscion View Post
A Frozen Flower from the Garden of Hell

really liked the Flower from Hell, although i think kick is too powerful for the atmosphere, I would either tone down the kick somehow or add more vibrance to the atmosphere.

------------------

Technologic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #14
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
NJ

Updated 'A Frozen Flower'.. Many thanks for the feedback dudes..

Didn't get the feeling the other one needed to be changed that much(?)

Advertisements

------------------