how to make a great 808 kick in sylenth!?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 10-06-2016, 03:59 PM   #1
chris.Torio
Regular Freak
chris.Torio will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
how to make a great 808 kick in sylenth!?

What's going on everybody!? Just wanted to see if anybody can help me and let me know how to make a good sounding 808 kick in sylenth kinda like the ones the use in trap (electronic trap)music with the long sustain and that Sh*t has to hit hard!! Maybe some pointers on how to eq it to make it sound better will be much appreciated too! So if you can please take screen shots for me.. thanka again everybody

Advertisements

chris.Torio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:55 PM   #2
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390148
Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,766 Posts
Re: how to make a great 808 kick in sylenth!?

Layer a real (dry) and fairly short kick with sylenth1 single sine wave. Play it low. Make it monophonic. Saturate the sine (to create some overtones/harmonics) and put a lowpass filter after it. Adjust amplitude envelope (release mostly) to taste. Maybe also add some attack time, to avoid clashing and overlapping with the kick drum (sampler or timeline).

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:00 AM   #3
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 65210
Thanked 1,304 Times in 960 Posts
Re: how to make a great 808 kick in sylenth!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
Layer a real (dry) and fairly short kick with sylenth1 single sine wave. Play it low. Make it monophonic. Saturate the sine (to create some overtones/harmonics) and put a lowpass filter after it. Adjust amplitude envelope (release mostly) to taste. Maybe also add some attack time, to avoid clashing and overlapping with the kick drum (sampler or timeline).
This^^

and either a transient shaper on the kick or a limiter with short attack and very short release to add some dry crunch to it. Clip to desired distortion and use saturation before or after.

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote