Goodhertz Panpot
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:36 PM   #1
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 65060
Thanked 1,301 Times in 959 Posts
Goodhertz Panpot

IDMfers...

Anyone here have experience with Goodhertz plugins? The Panpot fader tool looks interesting. Has anyone compared it to H3D or Panorama? I think Ben or Evelon mentioned Panorama and it sounds intriguing.
I'd like to get a few subtle binaural effects into a mix.

Andy

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Pixel - Mantle
Old 02-02-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
Benwaa
Re: Goodhertz Panpot

Link? And yeah, panorama is fucking awesome for what it's for
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:28 PM   #3
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 65060
Thanked 1,301 Times in 959 Posts

This here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Sounds like it's REALLY easy to overdo it with binaural cues. Ben, how do you tackle the speaker vs headphone mode? Sounds like it's an either or. I'm also assuming that for anyone in the position to ponder that all of this sound shaping is out the door in a club setting (it being mono).

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:37 PM   #4
Benwaa

Yeah thespeaker thing is heavily dependant on where yr head and speakers are positioned, so when I do use panorama it's mainly on tracks geared for listening over dancing, so I tend to use headphone mode the most as that guarantees head and speaker placement is going to be pretty consistent per listener.
I can't see anyone in a club setting being able to heard subtle moment of a sound heads and towards them, and people generally don't listen that closely in a bar or club either
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 12:31 AM   #5
rich.hipster
Regular Freak
rich.hipster will become famous soon enough
Melbourne
MC Status: 60

They're great plugs if you have the cash. I was lucky enough to get the Faraday limiter as a freebie and I'm very happy with it.

The Panpot plug definitely raised my eye brows with the spectral pan option but I don't mess around heaps with panning so I haven't looked further into it.

I've heard on other forums that the Vulf Compressor is instant buy material so I haven't demoed it!

Advertisements

rich.hipster is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote