Welcome To The Sound Design Forum - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Closed Thread
Old 30-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #41
Barry Acid
Eternal Echoer
Barry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MCBarry Acid is a savage MC
Dublin
MC Status: 77072
Re: Welcome To The Sound Design Forum

I'm not new to sound design, however, I am new to making keyboard or piano type sounds. I was just wondering what you guys would suggest in terms of the waveforms to use?

Thanks,

Barry.

Advertisements

------------------
Try only to surpass your own previous accomplishments instead of beating others
Barry Acid is offline   Thanks
Old 30-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #42
stoersignal25
Learning The Ropes
stoersignal25 is currently spamming hard
vienna
MC Status: 10
Icon2 youtube tutorials (sound design, ableton,....)

hi!
just wanted to let you know that i`m making in depth tutorials for beginners and advanced users on youtube!
mostly ableton and Max for Live!
the problem is: it`s all in german, but i think they are so detailed that even somebody with a different native language can learn something!
AND I`M PLANNING IN TRANSLATING EVERYTHING IN ENGLISH!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
stoersignal25 is offline   Thanks
Old 02-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #43
camo9543
Regular Freak
camo9543 is currently spamming hard

Hey, new to the forum. Anyone using any external vst filters that contain a LFO that can sync with tempo? I have WOW filter but was wondering if there were any other nice filters like this.
camo9543 is offline   Thanks
Old 05-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #44
QuantumRealm
Minor Glitch
QuantumRealm is a savage MCQuantumRealm is a savage MCQuantumRealm is a savage MCQuantumRealm is a savage MCQuantumRealm is a savage MCQuantumRealm is a savage MCQuantumRealm is a savage MCQuantumRealm is a savage MCQuantumRealm is a savage MCQuantumRealm is a savage MCQuantumRealm is a savage MC
MC Status: 214015

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo9543 View Post
Hey, new to the forum. Anyone using any external vst filters that contain a LFO that can sync with tempo? I have WOW filter but was wondering if there were any other nice filters like this.
A lot of DAW's have the option of modulating VST parameters from the host, ie. not modulating within the VST itself. I'm for example using Reaper, and in Reaper you can modulate any VST parameter with either an LFO, audio input, and a number of other things (I believe, rarely use them). Maybe you can read into that

------------------
My soundcloud page, check it out! http://soundcloud.com/quantum-realm

Latest track!
QuantumRealm is offline   Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #45
MiddleC5
Minor Glitch
MiddleC5 is a splendid one to beholdMiddleC5 is a splendid one to beholdMiddleC5 is a splendid one to beholdMiddleC5 is a splendid one to beholdMiddleC5 is a splendid one to beholdMiddleC5 is a splendid one to beholdMiddleC5 is a splendid one to beholdMiddleC5 is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 975

Hello everyone been getting interested in downtempo, chillout etc. beats hoping someone could give me tips on mixing and eq for this style of music. Although I've experimented w a lot of reverb and eqing i cant seem to get the open ambient clear mix that i admire in this type of music. Especially having trouble getting that subtle low boom-ish bass drum sound often heard
any tips would be great thanksssss
MiddleC5 is offline   Thanks
Currently Listening To: Four Tet
Old 07-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #46
Glufsa
Learning The Ropes
Glufsa is currently spamming hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Acid View Post
I'm not new to sound design, however, I am new to making keyboard or piano type sounds. I was just wondering what you guys would suggest in terms of the waveforms to use?

Thanks,

Barry.

Well that depends on what you want to make
Sine, Saw and Square are the 3 basic ones, and you can use these to make A LOT of basic sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleC5 View Post
Hello everyone been getting interested in downtempo, chillout etc. beats hoping someone could give me tips on mixing and eq for this style of music. Although I've experimented w a lot of reverb and eqing i cant seem to get the open ambient clear mix that i admire in this type of music. Especially having trouble getting that subtle low boom-ish bass drum sound often heard
any tips would be great thanksssss

You should learn how to program your own bassdrum sound with a synth. Just use an envelope to modulate the pitch of a sinewave and tweak from there
The kind of music you talk about use a lot of effects like delays and reverbs, so you have to learn to use these properly, it could be hard. Another good tip would be to try to copy a tune you really like, you will most def learn something while doing that If you want any more help I'd be happy to help. I make psychill/ambient stuff (Have a listen to my newest creation in my comment) Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo9543 View Post
Does this and is your best option right now, until Cytomic releases his "The Drop" filter.

Last edited by Glufsa; 07-02-2012 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: added another answer :)
Glufsa is offline   Thanks
Currently Listening To: Ultra music festival 2011: Kaskade set
Old 02-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #47
ricardodehoyos
Learning The Ropes
ricardodehoyos is currently spamming hard

Hi, I want to know how to make the mid-high range bass that appears at 0:30

www .youtube.com/watch?v=f9_apoZ4eKk

Any help would be awesome, thanks.
ricardodehoyos is offline   Thanks
Old 02-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #48
RaidenBeats
Fuck 'er Right N Da Pussy
RaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MC
Ur Lil Sisters Wet Dream
MC Status: 42060

i would like to know how to make the sound in analogue players in a digital world by showtek
at 0:53 they have the synth line and what sounds like white noise behind it
i would like to know how to make that please?

------------------
RaidenBeats is offline   Thanks
Old 02-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #49
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390148
Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenBeats View Post
i would like to know how to make the sound in analogue players in a digital world by showtek
at 0:53 they have the synth line and what sounds like white noise behind it

i would like to know how to make that please?
Try distorting the crap out of a supersaw + some noise oscillator.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks
Currently Listening To: Avicii - Levels
Old 03-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #50
RaidenBeats
Fuck 'er Right N Da Pussy
RaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MC
Ur Lil Sisters Wet Dream
MC Status: 42060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
Try distorting the crap out of a supersaw + some noise oscillator.
thank you!

------------------
RaidenBeats is offline   Thanks
Old 05-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #51
webseoagra
Learning The Ropes
webseoagra is currently spamming hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy2082011 View Post
I like music ,but I don't know design,anyone can help me ?
Music Design is an Premier Independent Distributor of CD, DVD, music, video and digital media content.
webseoagra is offline   Thanks
Old 09-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #52
CityMonkeys
Minor Glitch
CityMonkeys is currently spamming hard
Huntington Beach

yes.
CityMonkeys is offline   Thanks
Currently Listening To: ryoji ikeda, penderecki krzysztof
Old 30-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #53
dj4mat
Learning The Ropes
dj4mat is currently spamming hard

Hey I'm Mat, been DJing for just about 2 years and producing for around a year. I design all of my own basslines but would like to learn to design nice leads and other high frequency synths and effects etc... I usually use presets in massive and I find its a waste of time browsing through a million presets when I could just whip up my own sounds. Also, if anyone knows a good vst that emulates bass and regular guitars I would be keen to get my hands on one of those.

Cheers,

Mat
dj4mat is offline   Thanks
Old 15-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #54
ddnnqq
Minor Glitch
ddnnqq is a glorious beacon of lightddnnqq is a glorious beacon of lightddnnqq is a glorious beacon of lightddnnqq is a glorious beacon of lightddnnqq is a glorious beacon of lightddnnqq is a glorious beacon of light
Fairbanks, AK
MC Status: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4mat View Post
Hey I'm Mat, been DJing for just about 2 years and producing for around a year. I design all of my own basslines but would like to learn to design nice leads and other high frequency synths and effects etc... I usually use presets in massive and I find its a waste of time browsing through a million presets when I could just whip up my own sounds. Also, if anyone knows a good vst that emulates bass and regular guitars I would be keen to get my hands on one of those.

Cheers,

Mat
This might be what you're looking for: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Sfz is kind of like vst, but in essence its more of a straight up sample player.
ddnnqq is offline   Thanks
Old 01-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #55
bIOtAPEstry
Microknight
bIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to beholdbIOtAPEstry is a splendid one to behold
Sydney
MC Status: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4mat View Post

Cheers,

Mat
Hey Mat. Trillian Bass is a good place to start. I know Ozrics have used it from time to time. By its got a 40GB patch bank so you better have a nice size cargo bay to be smuggling that spice!
bIOtAPEstry is offline   Thanks
Thanks to bIOtAPEstry
RaidenBeats (23-01-2014)
Old 18-01-2014, 04:12 AM   #56
mattcookietek
Learning The Ropes
mattcookietek is currently spamming hard

Hey,....

Can somebody tell me how i can make/produce this Horror Voice with Ableton Live or other programs.

Its an Horror Sample from an German Movie. This Voice means " dont touch me ".

You can download this Sample!

linkfile.de/download-27cda4b5a2118390de6130f52b961e28.php

Thanks

Advertisements

mattcookietek is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread